It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Christian dating a Muslim, and not once has she tried to kill me for my beliefs.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Sure it does, but which instruction do you take as God's true intention? If your holy books directly contradict each other then what's the point? Given that the two are dating instead of trying to kill each other over their beliefs it must mean that they're only adhering to the positive "don't kill people" part of their scripture, and if that's the case, if they're abiding by the good and ignoring the bad then it's all for nothing. At this point they might as well cut out the middle man and just be "good for goodness' sake" because they aren't actually using their holy texts as a source of morality, they already have a moral criteria independent of any primitive savages and poorly written and translated texts.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

sir, i applaud your post.
over the years i have travelled through the middle east and north africa. i have had wonderful experiences with many clans and peoples both arab and israeli to name just two.
it is a sad fact that the perception of these peoples is twisted and many i feel have been de-sensitised to their plights. the perpetual show of power and instilled strife could easily be rendered inert if the guys at the top were demoted to the bottom and vice-versa.
it makes me smile to know of your circumstances and i wish you both the very best of good fortune.
it will be others interference you both will have to be wary of. if your bond is strong nothing will break it.
regards f

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
You must act now to apostate this muslim woman. She is probably hoping and praying to God (not the Allah) that you will take her away from Islam.

Do the right thing. Offer to apostate her and protect her for all time from the death sentence her family will place on her.

That would be the Christian thing to do. That would be the human thing to do.

With all due respect mike_trivisonno, bull biscuits.

I'm an apostate from Islam, and in a similar boat to the OP. If she wanted to leave Islam, that's her decision, not his. If she wants to remain in Islam, that too is her decision, not his. His job, should he choose to accept it, is to support her in whatever decision SHE makes, back that up as far as he is humanly able, and defend either decision SHE makes against all comers, family or not.

You don't screw around with someone else's religion. That's between them and their god, not your decision to make. Instead, if you give a rat's ass about them, you back them up as far as you are able to. Allowing that choice is what separates Christian men from Muslim men. I'll be double dog damned if "it's the christian thing to do" to force someone else's religious choices.

What she "probably" does doesn't cut it. She's got a mouth to speak with, and can state her own choices. He backs them, whatever they are, not forces them into what he or you wants.

The "Christian thing to do" is stated pretty plainly in 1 Timothy 5:8 - "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." (KJV). Part of that provision if for their mental health as well, and ripping out their religion by it's roots isn't going to go well.

Nor is it "the Christian thing to do".

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skischoow
reply to post by whitl103

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" Second Corinthians 6:14

christians arent allowed to marry non christians, and dating is meant to lead to marriage if the couple is a correct couple.

I'll see that quote and raise you a (more specific to this thread) quote:

"For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy." 1: Corinthians 7:14 (KJV)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join