It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dreams Became Reality Today - Explain This!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

Something quite amazing happened to me today that i've never experienced before. After this happened I knew I had to post it here on ATS.

Before I tell the story, I would like to give a wee bit of info that will add a bit more context to the main happening.

--------------------------

I moved to New Zealand from Scotland in 2004 and ever since I arrived here i've felt like i've always meant to be here. In fact, i've known that I belonged over here, even years before I left Scotland. (I'm 30yrs old now, but knew I belonged here from age 16yrs, just could never afford it or get a visa until i was 24yrs old in 2004)

Since coming here to NZ my mind has opened up lots. From Meditation, Yoga and ATS!, i've become interested in so many interesting fields.

Anyway about 1yr ago, I read a book about Dreams and Lucid Dreaming and it said that it can be very helpful to record all the dreams you can remember.

I started this shortly after and still try to record as many as I can to this very day. Since i started doing this, it has amazed me, the interesting dreams I have had. I've drawn cool diagrams etc of various places i've been to in my dreams and written down words, names etc from my dreams. It's a fascinating read too!

-------------------------

So about March 2010 I has one particular dream that stuck in my head when I awoke the following morning.

It was a dream where I was driving in my car along a winding road, with trees on both sides and water shimmering through the trees on one side of the road. Beyond the trees were large mountains.

We kept driving then the road came to a stop. A dead end, but at the end of this road the mountains opened up into a large valley with a very special place at the end.

In this particular dream I never saw what this place was, but I knew there was something very special here that I could visit again if I wanted too.

Here's where things start to get interesting. On May 6th 2010 I had an eerily similar dream where I visited the exact same place as before and this time I wrote exactly what happened in my Dream records -

Thursday 6th May 2010

I've dreamt of this place before. The way is lined with thick trees on both sides of the winding road. I can see water through the trees glistening. I know the road is no thru road, it's a very special place when you arrive.
After a long drive, deep into water, trees and the mountains, the hills open up into a wide valley with rocks and green grass. A fresh wind cuts through the valley and blows a feeling of truth through our minds.

There is something else there. Maybe a monument or very special building. Im still not sure, but I feel we go there for answers and the truth.

The first time I dreamt this, I just looked around, but this time there was some sort of Maori Ceremony Happening and we were asked to join in. It seemed like some kind of games we were playing and were in teams. Cant remember any more than this.

So that was back in May 2010.

Here's where it blew my mind.

Today - Saturday 12th June 2010, I was invited to a friends house in a Town called Akaroa, New Zealand.

We travelled there on friday evening and stayed there overnight, then spent most of today there with them.

Later in the afternoon, my friends wife asked me if I had ever been along the waterside road to see the old Maori Marae.

A marae (in New Zealand Māori, Cook Islands Maori, Tahitian) malaʻe (in Tongan), malae (in Samoan and Hawaiian), is a sacred place which served both religious and social purposes in pre-Christian Polynesian societies.
In all these languages, the word also means "cleared, free of weeds, trees, etc."

It generally consists of an area of cleared land roughly rectangular (the marae itself), bordered with stones or wooden posts (called au in Tahitian and Cook Islands Māori) perhaps with terraces (paepae) which were used in olden times for ceremonial purposes; and with a central stone ahu or a'u (sometimes as in the Rapanui culture's ahu on Easter Island "ahu" becomes a synonym for the whole marae complex).

I said I had not and they invited to take us along there to have a look.

------------------------

I could not believe it. We drove along this winding road, tree lined with water glistening through the trees on one side and when we reached the end of this 'dead end road' there was this fascinating Maori Marae at the end which was sitting in this large valley with green grass.

I got out the car and just panned my sight all around and it took my breath away. I knew this was the place i had dreamt of twice before!!!

It was an amazing feeling, one that I can't really describe. It felt very strange and I knew I would have to come back again when we have more time on our hands.

I looked around several time so I was sure this was the place, and i was left in no doubt whatsoever that it was indeed this place.

What it means, I do not know. I cant wait to go back and try and understand things a bit more! Unfortunatly we were pressed for time as our baby daughter was out there in the cold winds and we headed back.

I said to my partner that i would love to come back again and take more photographs to show the route there and how eerily similar it was to that of my dreams.

Here is a photo I took of the Marae in what little time I had there -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aecc5fcca166.jpg[/atsimg]

I have this evening, looked up this Marae on the internet and found this -

Ōnuku Marae

Ōnuku Marae is a five kilometre meandering drive from the Akaroa township towards the heads of Akaroa Harbour. The marae emerges suddenly at the roadside, glimpsed through a fringe of harakeke. The craggy peak Ōteauheke rises up behind the marae that sits at an angle to the lapping shoreline of the harbour. Ōnuku Marae is home to the hapū of Ngāi Tarewa and Ngāti Irakēhu. Irakēhu was the mother of many of the hapū and pā in the Horomaka (Banks Peninsula) area

It has a deep history as we can read HERE

Anyway, that's about it. The first time I have ever dreamt of the same place 2 times, then been fortunate enough to actually visit this place for real!!

Very freaky and I rally can't wait to visit again and get more more photos and I think I may try to speak to someone first hand about the history of the place.

G.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
very cool.

thanks for sharing!

I go to the same 'place' nightly now,
and have for the past year or so..
it's soo weird.. but just keeps happening..
which makes it even weirder. lol

i feel it's a ' place' ill be someday in the future..
but I dont know.. lol
cool you got to experience that though.
and you would know best.

pleasant journeys

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Go for it..
When stuff like this happens, its bound to have some meaning..
God, bad...Doesnt matter..It does have a meaning..

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

I agree, i'm sure there is some meaning. i am going to try and get back there in a few weeks time to take more photos and get more of a feeling for the place.

I'm not sure if I would be allowed into the Marae, but I can always ask.

g

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
maybe this place has some historic meaning
to you from a past life. Maybe you were
there prior and have cognizant memories
that keep reverberating as a beckon call.
Some American Indians believe in this manner
also. Just a thought

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
No worry's mate. This happens to people. It has happened to me where I an doing something and then I just know that I had dreamed it. I hardly ever remember my dreams but I just know I had dreamed it. So then I try hard to remember where and when I dreamed it and sometimes it works and I can remember.
That pic of the longhouse is cool. It looks alot like the native houses here in the PNW.
You know some say that these dreams are memories from our past lives. This I believe too.
I was just in Hawaii and checked out alot of south sea culture and dreams were very important to the way they lived.
Shaka Bra, Mahalo.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'd say, don't bother with the photos. Just feel the atmosphere there. By the way, very interesting story. I live in Finland have often thought about NZ, felt somekind of pull to visit the place. I don't normally feel any urge to travel, I am usually perfectly satisfied where I am - but I've stated it out loud few times, that if there's any place I wanted to visit, it would be NZ - I dunno why, maybe because it feels so exotic as it is on opposite side of the globe. I'd imagine that different flow of energies there could make somekind of shift in my brainwaves.

Since you had such dreams, there's probably something your subconscious wants to show. Maybe you should take a nap in that specific place when you go next time

-v

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
maybe this place has some historic meaning
to you from a past life. Maybe you were
there prior and have cognizant memories
that keep reverberating as a beckon call.
Some American Indians believe in this manner
also. Just a thought

That was my thought also and perhaps the reason you felt drawn to new Zealand in the first place also.

Cool story!

[edit on 12-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yeh, i get what yer saying boondock. Maybe I should get a past life regression!

g

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Nice one grantbeed.

I used to write down my dreams years ago as they were very vivid and I felt a deeper meaning to particular ones. However, once I started to do that, the synchronicity between my dreams and waking life ended. Never really been the same since.

Good luck on your journey!

IRM

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Two nights ago I watched Shutter Island then had a nightmare:

Russian troops overtook the house in which I grew up. They forced my family into the attic while they stayed in my parents' bedroom. I crept down the attic stairs and slowly into the same room with them -- slowly enough to show I meant no harm. I tried to bond with them and figure out what was going on. They didn't speak English, so I was trying to use hand gestures and read facial expressions. Eventually I could hear long range mortar shells blasting nearby. The Russians left, and I looked outside to see houses on fire. Not just any fire, but tall flame from the roof tops with no smoke. There were three children swinging on a swing set as if nothing was happening. I stopped looking. When I checked back, the children on the swing set were also on fire but still swinging and acting as if nothing was abnormal.

Let's hope this dream of mine doesn't materialize.

Oh, and another one I had once while I was in an episode of mania shortly before I was diagnosed bipolar:

The local MS river was flowing red with blood. (That's it.)

The thing about bipolar mania is that dreams and convictions mix into reality. So, I wanted to get the hell out of the city. But first, I wanted to go to the river to see if it was actually full of blood. I never made it to the river, though. The cops picked me up and brought me to the hospital because my family noticed I was not behaving as usual.

Yikes!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

cheers infraredman,

Thats interesting, it seems to be the opposite for me! Not sure if my dreams have anything to do with it, but ive had lots of Deja Vu in the last wee while too.

Its that bad, that I sit there and just laugh because I know whats away to happen. Amazing!!

g

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It's not necessarily something from a past life although I wouldn't discount that. It could just as easily be that you dreamed of your future. As a previous poster said, it is probably for a reason. Time seems to be a constant enigma. Scientifically as well as philosophically, it is without an adequate definition. Conscious focus is proven to cause quantum superpositions to collapse into coherent states... perhaps when we sleep, have OBEs, or die, this lapse in direct focus allows a more direct perception of the "true" reality. Richard Feynman once said that the secrets of reality can be ascertained by sufficiently meditating on the implications of the double-slit experiment.

I almost never comment on threads like this, but what you wrote is damn interesting! Reality is certainly not what we traditionally think it is - we are in a quantum universe at all times where a "method to the madness" can be frustratingly elusive...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

It could just as easily be that you dreamed of your future

Fair point sir. I have had a few dreams that have come true in the past, but very few that have repeated themselves in so much detail.

I got a very good feeling during this dream. It was almost like something was saying, "you can come here anytime you want and you will be at peace and get answers". I couldn't describe the feeling any more precisely than that.

Thanks for your comments.

g

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
What a beautiful story. I feel as though you should continue to pay attention to this experience as the marea may hold more meaning in your life than you realise at the moment..
When it comes to the subject of dreaming your future or creating it through your dreams, I am a bit divided as to what I believe. I know from my own visualisation experiments that by physically bringing your wishes or dreams into the outer (e.g. recording them on paper), they have a tendency to tangibly manifest in quite profound ways, which is obviously what has occurred with your experience. Although, I still get the feeling that this isn't all that's going on, at least in some instances.

Very interesting story! Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
In your second dream you did more than just look around...

You'd be a fool not to go back

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Well, maybe you had a predictive dream?

I, for one have had hundreds in my lifetime.
I still continue to jot my dreams down...some actually come true to the "T" others are very exagerrated.
They are real, they do have meaning and truly change your perspective.

For those that have them, please pay attention.
You were meant to have them.

Great read!
Awesome picture.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hi, i just just joined to say this.
I was just about to go to bed when i felt compelled to turn on the computer and randomly start searching the internet. I just thought this was strange, Im New Zealand Maori and have never been to this website before. Not only did i find this website first, but i found and read your thread first. furthermore you only just posted this today, to top it off, i had only just been talking to my friend that i should visit him in Christchurch soon.
just thought id say "whats the odds of that?".

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Very interesting read. I would say that you should definately visit this place again and also speak to the people there. Maybe if you feel comfortable enough and it is appropriate you could mention your dream and see what happens. Be sure to share with us as I am curious to see what happens.

Dreams and reality and time are such strange things that no-one has been able to pin down. The more we seem to be getting somewhere to defining them, they get away again and surprise us.

On a separate note, I used to have a repeated dream which seemed to be some kind of journey through lots of different types of landscape. Through valleys, up into the mountains, then at the end all I can remember is the feeling of returning home.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
That would have to mean something important to you - could it be past life perhaps?

Last night I dreamed that I was gathered into an Army - I was questioned, and uniformed (somewhat) and put in a small crew, and a huge astral war began. It was extremely realistic.

If I were you, I'd read about it and maybe meditate there on what it meant - see if any of it is familiar while you are awake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join