It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: New Video Smuggled Out from Mavi Marmara of Israel's Deadly Assault on Gaza Aid Flotilla

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: New Video Smuggled Out from Mavi Marmara of Israel's Deadly Assault on Gaza Aid Flotilla

www.democracynow.org

In a Democracy Now! exclusive, we bring you a sneak preview of previously unseen raw footage from the Mavi Marmara that will be formally released at a press conference at the United Nations later in the day. The footage shows the mood and the activities onboard the Mavi Marmara in the time leading up to the attack, and the immediate reaction of the passengers during the attack. Her equipment was confiscated, but she managed to smuggle out an hour’s worth of footage. [includes rush transcript]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well as we dicussed in the main: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla thread - the Swedish Historian and university professor Mattias Gardell talked about some footage which was smuggled out.

And apparently some video footage was smuggled out from Mavi Marmara by the filmmaker and activist Iara Lee, one of the few Americans on the Mavi Marmara ship. and here with Democray Now she is telling her story about the incident.

Apparently 1 hour of video material was smuggled out and here is a sneak preview of previously unseen & unreleased raw footage from the Mavi Marmara that will be formally released at a press conference at the United Nations later in the day.

I'm going to see when this press conference will take place at the UN.

I wonder if the full 1 hour video footage will show some new evidence of the incident?

There should be something new in the video one may think, because why would they otherwise show it to the UN and later have a press conference?

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ok I'll wait here until you tell me if it's interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Some bloody graphic content in this sneak peak video - some injured passengers - and one can hear live gunfire in the background.

They were sending out this 1 hour video footage and other photo material out by live satellite transmission with a backup system.

EXCLUSIVE: New Video Smuggled Out From Israel's Flotilla Assault 1 of 2

EXCLUSIVE: New Video Smuggled Out From Israel's Flotilla Assault 2 of 2

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I find it funny how so many people use democracy now as sources for actions by our government, but when every they do something about israel, ATSers ignore it.

These people have told the truth for years, and they continue till this day.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is from IARA LEE - the film maker's site:

June 10: Previously Unseen Gaza Freedom Flotilla Footage Released at UN

MEDIA ALERT (FOR PRESS MEMBERS WITH ACCREDITATION ONLY OR UN PRESS MEMBERS):

PRESS CONFERENCE TO RELEASE AS-YET UNSEEN HD FOOTAGE FROM GAZA FLOTILLA'S MAVI MARMARA

PRESENTED BY FILMMAKER IARA LEE

WHO: Iara Lee, a filmmaker from Cultures of Resistance (www.culturesofresistance.org) who was one of a small number of Americans aboard the Mavi Marmara when it was attacked by Israeli forces. Despite having her equipment confiscated, she was able to smuggle back to the U.S. an hour of footage taken aboard the ship.

WHAT: Statement by Lee followed by the first screening of the raw footage in its entirety. The footage shows the mood and the activities on board the Mavi Marmara in the time leading up to the attack, including a walk through the ship, and the immediate reaction of the passengers during the attack. Lee will take questions from the press after the screening.

WHEN: Thursday, June 10, 4pm EST.

WHERE: United Nations Dag Hammarskjold Library. Visitors' entrance on 46th Street at First Avenue, New York City.

HOW: For UN Press Accreditation, please see: www.un.org...

CONTACT: Ina Howard-Parker, Represent Agency, [email protected]

www.culturesofresistance.org...

She says on facebook that after 6pm, 15 minutes of the raw footage will be available at

you will have to click through to our vimeo account and download the footage there.

www.facebook.com...

But I'm still searching for information when the full 1 hour video footage will be available.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Excellent find! S&F!

Ive been so sick of reading peoples sides or opinions of the event!

Lets let the video speak for itself!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Thanks mate!

The Images Israel Didn't Want Seen- NEW Video and Photographs from the Gaza-Bound Aid Flotilla

Here's a 5 minutes compiled video footage of the Assault - I'm still searching for the full 1 hour video, but I don't think it's released yet?

In this video you can clearly hear gunfire and fire-bursts from automatic weapons in the background.

Paintball rifles, my arse!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Israel has already admitted to how many manipulations of the audio and video they have put out?

No doubt they will be having to make more retractions as this video footage makes it's way to official channels and release.

I sometimes wonder whether the Israeli government thinks that we are all so dumb as to believe the propaganda it puts out, or whether they are that dumb that they just don't realize how manufactured and false it ends up sounding.

I hope all the truth comes out about precisely what happened, humitarian aide workers should never have to face that kind of violence, especially by a so called first world democratic nation.

Great find, star and flag.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
* This group was warned that their ships were going to be boarded and searched if they tried to run the blockade.
* They were given the opportunity to deliver humanitarian supplies to an Israeli port in order for it to be sent to Gaza.
* Israel is in armed conflict with Palestinian Authority Hamas, and as a result had the right to blockade Gaza and to enforce that blockade.
* Thereby they had the legal right to board ships in international water under current international maritime law.
* The convoy of ships allegedly trying to bring aid to the Gaza Strip was organized by a group belonging to an officially designated terrorist organization.

Funny how the "peace activists" are so riled up and ready to fight:

www.youtube.com...

Now what is the lesson we have learned?

1.) Don't try and run a blockade, and if you are going to try, don't state it publicly

2.) Don't antagonize the troops that are boarding your ship

www.youtube.com...

3.) Don't put your hand in the gators mouth, then cry when he bites it off.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I saw maybe half of those images on the first time I saw any news about this, in Euronews.

As anyone else seen any of those images?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone find it a little odd that the Israeli's began "attacking and shooting everyone in sight as they were descending" and then "went on a rampage and started shooting and beating people and capturing them" and then "confiscated all of our stuff, seized our belongings, treated us like dogs"

....yet this person managed to escape with an hour-long video?

I'm not saying it's a fake or anything.
I'm just saying that going solely by what the flotilla witnesses/members say, smuggling out a video wouldn't be top priority nor even possible given their comments on the situation.

Plus, there were all kinds of allegations that Israel arrested and searched everyone and treated them like animals and beat them repeatedly.....

how exactly did she manage to get this out unscathed?

Again, not saying it's not true, just curious as to why she was successful in light of what they said transpired by the Israelis on the ship. Especially since all of her materials were confiscated, save this one video.

Edit to add:

Someone has told me it was transmitted via satellite which I didn't know. If true, I stand corrected and retract the above.

Thanks to DangerDeath for pointing it out.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

It says it was transmitted via satellite.
But, never mind that.
Shame on her!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I saw maybe half of those images on the first time I saw any news about this, in Euronews.

Thanks for posting guys!

Well I saw similar images before, but that is understandable since there were many news and film crews aboard the ship.

But yeah this short sneak peak video of the full 1 hour video seems a bit inconclusive so far.

The clear sound of gunfire and bursts from automatic weapons in the background is the most interesting thing in the sneak peak video.

I'm still waiting to hear something from the press conference at the UN - and hopefully there should be something interesting and valuable information in the full video - I mean, why bother to show it for the press at the UN if there's no juicy details?

I'm still searching for more info regarding this.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by lpowell0627

It says it was transmitted via satellite.
But, never mind that.
Shame on her!

I can't see the video -- won't run where I am.
I didn't read anything that said it was transmitted via satellite. I may have missed it. It happens.

If true, I stand corrected.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Yes i saw some of those a few hours after the events. Then they got swallowed up by other coverage and edits.

Now i really want to see a time scale on this. Notice how the captain saying 'don't use violence, look after the injured people - we are civilians, we have no weapons'

Wasn't he later shot? And abused in captivity?

What about the American guy who (amazingly!) disarmed and unloaded some of the weapons.

Wasn't he later assaulted three times? And abused in captivity?

What about the medics? Treating their own and the Israeli's alike?

Were they not shot later? And abused in captivity?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

They were in international waters outside Israeli territory which their own army admitted so your "they warned them" point is moot and invalid. Shooting people 30 times, some 4 times in the head, for breaching a blockade whilet being in international waters is absurd and unlawful.

Israels own "Navy Reserve Officers" have denounced this tragedy simply by using their own experiences and outright common sense that seems to be lacking these days. Especially from those BLAMING the passengers for Israels heavy handed actions.

Israel Navy reserves officers: Allow external Gaza flotilla probe

"First and foremost, we protest the fact that responsibility for the tragic results was immediately thrust onto the organizers of the flotilla," wrote the officers. "This demonstrates contempt for the responsibility that belongs principally to the hierarchy of commanders and those who approved the mission. This shows contempt for the values of professionalism, the purity of weapons and for human lives."
Haaretz

They seem more qualified to make such a statement as opposed to most Americans who are simply and blindly supporting Israel and acting as if this was a normal move with nonsensical reasoning like:

"They warned you, so now they get to lawfully shoot you thirty times."

Really?

- Lee

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well I wish they could release the full video footage already, still searching though!

One very interesting thing we have discussed in many threads here is the so called 'HIT-LIST'.

The filmmaker Iara Lee has now uploaded a 15minutes version on her site - and in this video, an European guy is showing this list in a very clear shot infront of the film-camera.

It seems to be a list with photos and names of some passengers.

(I'll have to watch it again to hear what he said about it)

For those who are interested - the 15 minute video clip is located here:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
The filmmaker Iara Lee has now uploaded a 15minutes version on her site - and in this video, an European guy is showing this list in a very clear shot infront of the film-camera.

It seems to be a list with photos and names of some passengers.

Here are the images of that list, for those that cannot see the video.
(use the scroll bar at the bottom of the images to see the whole images, I didn't had the time to make smaller versions
)

I wonder what was the reason for that list.

[edit on 10/6/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for putting those pics up ArMap

Anyone know how many of the dead, wounded, and missing are on that list?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join