It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is this all about?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My wife and I went to the movies the other night to see Shrek 4 or 5, I really don't remember which one. Well anyway, before the movie started we watched a Lunchables commercial.

THIS

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And....what is now not clear?
2nd line

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The point of a commercial like that is not clear to me. Yes, yes, I know its to sell tiny sandwiches. But it seems like an experiment to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
gettin' the kids ready for disclosure. ??

I'm trying to imagine this happening to me as a child, right after watching E.T.

My head would have exploded, like Scanners I'm pretty sure.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a child is more open minded than any adult. perhaps our kids should be the one getting full disclosure; that way their parents can be "eased" into it. soften the blow lol

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The children of man wouldnt need to "Get prepared" for any
encounter...Thay would handle it FAR FAR better than ANY
adult..
That is IF the "visitors" were benign...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Disclosure, ah, yes. The kids in the video are very open to the thought of it all. They just went with it. I bet they were all sad that it wasn't real. Kinda cruel dont ya think?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
gettin' the kids ready for disclosure. ??

I'm trying to imagine this happening to me as a child, right after watching E.T.

My head would have exploded, like Scanners I'm pretty sure.

well no wonder, your forehead is already giving off alot of vibes...
2nd

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is so weird.!

It might just be an experiment or just to get a reaction out of people, but why aliens? Do they know something? I thought this was staged, but it seems they used real unsuspecting kids in order to film their reactions.
After looking at this, it doesn't really seem staged, the reactions of the children seem real enough. They seem scared and excited and awed by the aliens.

I wonder what their parents think? This is bound to open up a lot of questions. Could someone be sued for doing a thought experiment like this on unsuspecting children?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i would be raging when i found out i had been decieved like that.
you think your witnessing history only to find out your being used to sell crappy little unhealthy snacks

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Disclosure, ah, yes. The kids in the video are very open to the thought of it all. They just went with it. I bet they were all sad that it wasn't real. Kinda cruel dont ya think?

Right lol.

They just got the kids hopes up super high, only to CRUSH them with an iron fist of child hate.

I am laughing so hard right now.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
.....and this is the day little Billy Mackleroy uttered his first cuss word.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
where was that filmed anyways? was it like nasa space camp that you guys have?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What the hell......? That's very disturbing. Was it for reaction-purposes? Unconditioning-purposes? I just don't know what to make of this!

Lunchables = Oscar Mayer = Kraft Foods.
Didn't Kraft make Tang which was used by the astronauts? Is there more to this? Anyone?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That gave me a weird feeling when my speakers were on mute haha. Almost eery.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It looks like the point could be in what the lady says as they are entering "Can you keep a secret?" Perhaps this would subconsciously let kids know if they see anything to keep it a secret and not tell anyone. Abductions anyone?

On another side, it does appear that it could be to gauge public reactions.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
Lunchables = Oscar Mayer = Kraft Foods.
Didn't Kraft make Tang which was used by the astronauts? Is there more to this? Anyone?

woah woah woah. Thats going a little far.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why did this thread get moved? This is not a topic about a movie. This is about a very strange commercial shown at a theater. No one is going to see this thread here. Can you please move it back to aliens and UFOs where it belongs please?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Frankenchrist]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

The aliens look pretty fake to me, and kids can spot that sort of thing a mile away. A three minute commercial after paying almost $20 per ticket to see a third sequel of a movie should be what the real complaint here. (Possibly more as many theaters and Imax raised their prices by $5 a ticket. No wonder Hollywood is having a major slump.)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

The thread is about a commercial shown during a movie. While the commercial featured aliens, that doesn't mean it's about an alien conspiracy.

I'm not the mod who moved it, but I can see why the move was made. As the above poster said, the REAL conspiracy here is seeing a commercial during PAID entertainment...but then again, aren't trailers really the same thing? Commercials for another film?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join