It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Simple - A Private Individual Needs To Capture A UFO/UAP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

According to this website, it is against the law.. (Well in the U.S. of A)

Already Passed by Congress On October 5, 1982, Dr. Brain T. Clifford of the Pentagon announced at a press conference ("The Star", New York, Oct. 5, 1982) that contact between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles is strictly illegal. According to a law already on the books (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted on July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of such contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed for one year and fined $5,000.

Alien contact laws

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
You bring up some interesting points but I would honestly not put it past the US Military to scramble F-18's and shoot down a craft that was over protected airspace (like NORAD for example).

All modern tactical aircraft used by the military has integrated IFF circuitry (Identify friend or Foe) and if they are not getting a clean squack from a cockpit transponder they would blow it out of the sky (or at least attempt to). The military has contingencies for damn near everything, and it would simply be a matter of procedure.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by supaflyrobby]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

reply to post by FOXMULDER147

We need a PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL (or group thereof) who is WELL-FINANCED to STEP UP and make a CONCERTED EFFORT to take one of these things OUT OF THE SKY and into our hands.

Personally, I don't believe acquiring a UFO by force or by trapping one is a good idea, but that being said, I think this guy would be totally down for the job:

Real Estate Mogul Reaches For The Stars
www.rense.com...

He is an Aerospace mogul, and as such, his stake in the UFO question is different than that of the average private citizen. He's got lots of money. And he's also already active in UFO research.

The flip side to this is that I worry that he, as a result of his increased stake in the matter, may be incapable of appreciating the consequences of his actions. If any aliens are harmed in the acquisition process, then somebody will have to atone for his actions - and it's not likely that it will be him.

It'll be all of us

[edit on 7-6-2010 by autobono]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I have thought about this for years, and have determined that maybe the best way would be to have the assistance of the ET's themselves and they give a smart individual a small working craft... why would they give one up? that is probably the biggest problem right there...

but, if some ET's are here to help, but can't seem to because the world's governments quash all their attempts.. the ridicule factor is just one obstacle, but a big one to overcome..

how many people would hang up the phone after you tell them you have a working flying saucer disk?

you would need a supply of cash prepaid cell phones for communications and smash each one after using it a couple times and you would have a friend buy it from a distant city and mail it to you...

and that is just one aspect of becoming anonymous .. you want to keep the feds off your trail long enough to really get some hard proof out in the public domain..and try and remain untraceable by anyone..

you would need to learn how it operates from them to "educate" your intended public targets and yourself...

This makes me really laugh just thinking about the obstacles in doing that without getting caught, but I think it could be done by the right people...

It would also take some research to learn how to do it all so you didnt get caught and how to best achieve the goal of providing proof to as many outlets as possible..and remain anonymous still..

I forgot to mention you would need bal.s of steel and be clinically insane to boot...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

may a make a suggestion - try reading a .gov website that actually details what statutes are CURRENTLY inforce

instead of relying on kooks pedling out of date information

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

I have no idea how someone would go about this task, but IT MUST BE POSSIBLE. Some of the crafts we see are small, some of the spheres are only a few feet wide.

Is there a HERO out there up to this task of tasks? I hope so, and I hope he's reading.

I thought of this sometime ago, and my idea (if someone hasn't posted it already).

Is for somebody who has experienced an 'abduction' to act as a Trojan horse in case the Extraterrestrial entities come to abduct them again, as there are well documented cases of people being abducted multiple times.

I don't exactly know how, but they would have to resist at the right time and disable or kill the aliens inside their space ship before they take off.

On top of the fact that they would need to be able to pilot the ship before the military come to secure the ufo and land in a densely well populated area that would be extremely difficult for the military to cordon off immediately and coverup for lack of witnesses ( ie: New York City Time Square would be an ideal location).

Bonus points if you can write 'UFO's are REAL', on the top portion of the UFO, it would be pretty convenient way of getting the msg across as news helicopters videotape the UFO from above.

This imo would be the most likely way to be able to capture a UFO, and even then the odds of success are extremely extremely slim.

There are other ways such as infilitrating government locations such as S-4, or attempting to shoot at UFO's with an AK-47, which you all know are either suicide or completely impossible.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think attempting taking down a UFO or UAP is completely stupid. Just my opinion. I admit most humans find it frightening to 'not know' and I simply think in this case experience and knowledge is far greater than going at this like a bull in a china shop. There are just too many 'what ifs' what if its US property? What if its another nations property? Or even worse as already stated what if that object or craft was extra terrestrial friend or foe, in both scenarios any of those outcomes arent great and it worries me that civilians would jump to this outcome or idea without knowing who the opposition are!

Our biggest challenge right now as active civilians is to save up and stock on technology and do our concentrated level best on capturing ufo/uap's via video camera. exclusive footage.

Undisputable videocamera evidence that cannot be waved away by explanations of venus/saturn or 'swamp gas' and weather balloon. It means that the concentrated effort, have to spend more time outdoors with the technology and research into tracking software capable of recording these objects when they appear.

It's about being ready whenever, whereever you are, take your best camera, have it charged and ready to use at every available opportunity. I'm already researching into this method using Skywatch project (see signature) in which I encourage everyone who is interested from around the world to look to the skies and my other thread that concentrates on the technology side of things called camcorder and skywatching questions seen here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its really important that as civilians the technology to capture high quality stills and videos is realised, I'd also wager that some of these 'hoaxers' especially when its been proved pre-meditated and pre-planned are inside fixers on a government payroll. Why would they do that? Because as already stated by many, we know they plant these people inside ufo groups.. and the more time we spend indoors acting like keyboard warriors the less we'll see and capture outdoors.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Set a reverse trap .. stake out an abductee then when the aliens show bag them.. youd have both an ebe and craft to show off .

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
You have a major lack of intelligence issue if you were to seriously attempt to take down an unidentified flying craft. If it's the US military and you shoot at them, you'll be in hot water fast. If it's another nation's top secret flying vehicle, the same may apply. If the craft happens to be friendly even if it is not from Earth, you just stupidly created the possibility of being a new enemy to an advanced civilization.

You expect something like this to be risk-free? Since when has any great endeavour been without risk? Was Columbus showing a "lack of intelligence" when he stepped foot on Jamaica? Likewise Armstrong on the moon?

This would be an undertaking for a brave pioneer, not a coward.

Furthermore if the craft brought down turns out to be US military or another nation's military, then at least we would have evidence to that end - how could the military or the govenment then deny any connection to UFOs?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree with a lot of the posts that trying to capture a UFO isn't a great idea. My suggestion would be to have a wealthy individual or group hire people and post them at UFO hotspots with the latest, greatest video equipment 24x7. Eventually, one of these hired persons would get a great pic or video. Of course, there will always be the skeptics who will try and debunk. I don't think it really matters what kind of evidence there is for ET people will still refuse to believe.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw
Our biggest challenge right now as active civilians is to save up and stock on technology and do our concentrated level best on capturing ufo/uap's via video camera. exclusive footage.

OK, say you get the best footage ever captured. Then what? It may make the news, people will smile, and then it will be forgotten.

Circumstantial evidence like this will never be enough.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I agree, I also don't believe physical evidence will be either. Let's say your plan works and someone does capture a UFO, what then? Invite the MSM to an exclusive? Do you think TBTB will let that happen? Do you think the US Military would let it happen?

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I just don't think it is that simple.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
BTW - I'm thinking more about capturing one of those small sphere UFOs, rather than an actual craft.

I agree with one of the posters above about the dangers. Even if you could get the craft on the ground there's the potential threat of who - or what - may be inside. I don't think I'd feel safe opening up a craft if I had an army behind me!

I don't think those small orbs/spheres will have lifeforms in, they seem to be more like probes or remotes. If we could capture one of those we could potentially open it up an learn a lot about their technology.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Actually that is false according to snopes.com

www.snopes.com...

"Note that Title 14, Section 1211 did not make it "illegal" for U S citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles.; it simply required those who had such contact to submit to a quarantine at the request of government. If a spaceship full of little green men landed in your back yard, you would not have been in violation of Title 14, section 122 and subject to a fine or imprisonment merely for shaking hands with your visitors or taking a tour of their spacespacecraft--you would only have been subject to those penalties if you refused to comply with a subsequent government quarantine order. (Even so, the law only applied to NASA manned and unmanned space missions, so contact with extraterrestrials who were traveled through space on their own would not have fallen under the provisions of this law)"

"The Extraterrestrial Exposure" law wwas removed from the CFR in 1991, NASA having determined that it had served its purpose, and was no longer in keeping with current policy, and is no longer in force"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 7-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I designed a device that would take approximately 42 or so HD cameras, all zoomed in, and formed in a half sphere. The cameras all hooked up to a computer/DVR system with advanced Motion detection/recording systems, and having the unit setup on top of a tall building/structure or pole. The entire thing would be enclosed in a half sphere/dome housing.

The principle would be to have High Definition, high quality video covering nearly all spots of the sky from horizon to horizon. The cameras would be zoomed in enough to capture detail. The software would be set to record 10 seconds before, and 10 seconds after any motion whatsoever is detected. Having it positioned high off the ground could reduce false positives from insects.

A more advanced version would be to have auto-focus zoom cameras. If you had the same amount of PTZ cameras, limited to a specific field of view, and set it up to detect, zoom-in AND follow any object that it finds that meet a certain criteria then you could have the camera zoom in as far as possible, focus on the object, and track it.

Such a device would most definitely catch a UFO, most likely an excellent photograph of such. It would act as a 24/7 surveillience device of the skies that could only produce video/photos of things caught in motion, eliminating the need to sort through thousands of hours of videos.

Unfortunately the cost of such a device was prohibitively expensive for me as an individual. I recall pricing it out at around $75,000 or so to construct properly.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I got our patches made. Now we just need a billionaire to back us, and one alien to give us the tech without getting noticed by National Security Interests...seems pretty easy...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/518ff8ca6b33.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i have already captured one,
im just waiting for the right momment to unveil it,
im thinking during halftime at the world cup final.
its not as advanced as what your expecting tho.
i think i captured last years model

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Can I ask a question?

You really think the military is going to let private citizens just shoot stuff out of the sky?

Do you really think so?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I didnt say circumstancial evidence, go back and read my post. Circumstancial evidence isn't any good.

But actual geniune footage that cannot be explained and covers all the angles addressed in the previous ATS threads for identifying and recording UFOs would be massive.

I think personally its far more feasable and attractive for an investor to put money into a project where he has everything to gain without risk to being sent to jail for attack against another countries property.

Whilst I applaud the uprise in wanting to do something about the problem, the issues about bringing down surveillance craft, whether it be from another country or another planet, could cause massive problems for us all.

Thats why recording and questioning would be a far better use of money, we still dont have conclusive footage, you only have to look at the videos offered here on ATS and the photographs to realise its an issue. Financing an operation like this would be just as much about getting everyone to look up and realise that theres activity than it is to convince them to record it and have the technology in their hands.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I hate to jump in and interject myself into your conversation, but I did have something small to add.

I think the main reason many private investors and individuals are unwilling to invest in UFO or Paranormal research is that rich people do not become (and remain) rich by banking on highly speculative endeavors.

Governmental bodies waste money so frequently that it never phases us much if the Fed sinks 250 million on absolutely nothing, but a company or individual has both their financial and professional reputation on the line, and as such, they are far more likley to demand verifiable empirical data.

God knows their are plenty of insanely wealthy people in the world that are slightly eccentric (that would be putting it mildly) but it is not usually the norm for self made businessmen and industrialists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join