It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helen Thomas tells Jews To Get Out Of Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Helen Thomas tells Jews To Get Out Of Israel

Well this seems bizarre. She suggests the Jews leave Israel and return to Germany and Poland, where of course they were once slaughtered en masse. I personally have no particular opinion on the Middle East situtation; I am admittedly ignorant of it. But hearing such a statement just seems shocking and suggests possible bias in reporting.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's just like the united States hostile takeover of Hawaii in 1900.

Yes, Jews once lived there and in 47 they ( that were still there fighting for the land they felt was theirs even though it was occupied) became an official nation. This did not sit well with the occupiers.

It was then up to Israel to keep that land and not be kicked out again.

If they can do it.. great.. if they cannot, too bad for them.

I think Helen is only saying if things are getting too hot for them they would be wiser to retreat then be wiped out in a bloody war they cannot win.

Now, If the God of the Jews is smiling on them now, they will win the war.. but as you see this has not happened and they have always had o struggle to keep the land.

This was not always the case. God would tell the Jews to go and utterly slaughter the enemy and God would be with them. in history, every time this happened, the jews always did just that.. they utterly slaughtered the enemy.

In history, God was with them because they were obedient to god. Every time they were not obedient to god, they would not have gods help on their side. As is the case now. god is not helping the Jews because they have turned their backs on God.

The Jews won't bash me for this post.. they know it's true. They have read their history too.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Well that's an interesting take on it. Do you suppose there could be more secular, political reasons involving present-day Israel? Do you have any opinion on Thomas' statements?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What is she, about 105 years old?

Honestly, I don't think she has a clue what she is saying, and has some form of dementia.

Sad really, that she has this type of opinion.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Lol.. crazy old bat.. You would think she'd be a bit more sympathetic, considering that she was actually alive during WWII (and perhaps, when man still lived in caves, I cannot know..)

But she's a known Liberal, so her being biased isn't really an issue, we already knew which way she stood.. how old is that lady anyways?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here's the clip of her telling the Jews to get out of Israel

Here's her apology:

"I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heartfelt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon,"

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Which one do you believe reflects her heartfelt belief?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I really hate how people say something, then make halfarse attempts at a sniveling apology saying it wasn't really what they meant..

YES IT WAS!

Mean what you say and say what you mean .. I'm so sick of fake people.. this broad wants Jews out of the ME, she said it, she meant it, only when people thought it was insensitive did she try to save face and make a pathetic apology...

everyone in the media, politics, entertainment.. they all do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Which one do you believe reflects her heartfelt belief?

Both, depending on when you ask. She's what, 300 years old? I doubt she even knows what the hell she's saying anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I really hate how people say something, then make halfarse attempts at a sniveling apology saying it wasn't really what they meant..

YES IT WAS!

Indeed.

It's even more disgusting when the "apology" includes the phrase "I mis-spoke"

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

It's even more disgusting when the "apology" includes the phrase "I mis-spoke"

Perhaps she didn't use enough denture adhesive to shut up, completely that day!

Honestly, what a croc!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think all Jews should convert to Buddhism or Taoism immediately!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's the data on her age, etc.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
It's just like the united States hostile takeover of Hawaii in 1900.

It's sort of hard to make such a claim. The last Jewish controlled state was in 63 BC. It had long since been occupied by other groups. It wasn't until the British and the League of Nations decided that Palestine should be a Jewish homeland in 1922 that you would see an increase in Jewish population.

It's actually more like the United Nations deciding that the United States should be the homeland for all indigenous populations around the world due to the American Indian control of the land centuries ago. Creating a mass migration of native peoples to the United States pushing the now dominant races into smaller an smaller areas of the country until they only occupy two states. After which the native peoples would wall off and control all goods going into those two states.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
She didn't misspeak, Lots of People on the Left think like her. She didn't have a senior moment either. She should be striped of her White House Press Corps credentials.
Do we now live in Nazi Germany... Hitler wanted the jews to go back to Palestine, now we want them to go back to Germany?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Helen Thomas is Lebanese and a member of the Greek Orthodox church.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As I said before, I am criminally ignorant of the Israel/Middle East situation and only have cursory knowledge of the events that lead to modern day Israel. But let's take Thomas' suggestion at face value. Should jewish people abandon modern day Israel?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

That was my opinion on her statement. I think the reason that was posted by the people who posted it, was for a non secular bias. I do not think Thomas thinks that the USA has anything to gain by sending all the Jews to Germany pre-WW II to their deaths ( as the video poster implies) would be a good thing for America.

America has been allies with Israel for many many years and won't change that even if the Gov does disagree with their policies at times.

Edit: I do not think they should abandon Israel, no. They should fight till the last man stands and if that's the end of them, then at least they will go down fighting. .. Americans once split from England to form America, but if someone tries to take it from us, We will not abandon it. Helen is wrong to assume the Jews should.. but that was her opinion.

In their situation, if they abandon Israel, they may never get it back.. they must stand. i seriously don't believe they will be wiped out. I think it it part of their lot as a nation to remain trodden under foot and oppressed until such time as they can please their creator.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Helen Thomas is Lebanese and a member of the Greek Orthodox church.

Well, that's interesting.
I can certainly see how that could taint her opinion

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I was about to type that as well. I hate having a cold.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Let Helen Thomas lead by example - she needs to get out of the USA - she is an occupier of Native Indian land!

On top of that - she doesn't have the guts to stand for what she really believes - her first statement.

Helen Thomas get out of the USA - you are an occupier!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join