It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light with spiral tail seen in Aussie sky

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by benoni
Also, do you really believe they would test rockets over populated areas??

Just what is the "population" of the South Pacific Ocean?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

80% of the population is on the east coast of Aus well over 50 million

link   

If I am to understand all this correctly, it couldnt have been the rocket because it wasnt in flight long enough to come anywhere near Oz...in the air less than 10 minutes yet 45 minutes needed to reach Australia...

If this is the case, it really P's me off when ATS pseudo scientists comes along, overbrimming with expertise, with all the answers, put forward with such authority that it just has to be true........................even though its not!!

Anyone can have a guess ....but instead of the "sage-like tone" why not just say you are as clueless as the rest of us....24 hours later and the water a lot murkier than ever sure isnt going to add value, only hinder...I'm all for speculation, but dont sell it to me as 99% positive...when you havent a clue either!!

And if my first paragraph is true....then why are we still discussing the Falcon ??

Shouldnt we be crossing it off the list??

Here's an idea. Stop whining and do your own investigation.

link   
reply to post by benoni

Interesting, isn't it, watching the Paid-to-Posts at work ?

Obfuscation. Disinformation. Assertion. Misrepresentation. Misinterpretation. Collaboration. Invention. etc

And then the OLD 'derail-ment tactic' of injecting nonsense and then pretending to respond to it

Nice to see you on watch, by the way

They're not managing to slip anything past you

Watch out though, because when they fail, they attack

Edit to add that upon refreshing the page --- saw perfect example of my latter point, directly above

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople

Originally posted by darkraver

so it went east over Atlantic right?
and the Spiral was seen on the east coast of Australia right?

Right!

therefore the Spiral obviously wasn't Falcon rocket related in any way...

Wrong.

Imagine, if you will, the Falcon 9 staying on its easterly course to cross Africa, the Indian Ocean, and Australia. After all, we're talking about putting a payload in orbit, right? Right.

OK. Now imagine that the Falcon 9 is rolling (this has been confirmed) as it is traveling along its course. Now, by the time the rocket reached pre-dawn Australia it had already reached orbit and its engine had been shut down. At this point the craft started to vent its leftover fuel out the side of the vehicle.

Due to the rolling of the vehicle the vented fuel plume takes on a spiral appearance. Since the plume was in orbit it was illuminated by the Sun while the observers on Earth were still in the dark, making for a spooky apparition.

That simple.

Your explanation seems plausible enough at first, but I'm left wondering why if the rocket is rolling why isn't the light in the spiral rolling too?

Also sometimes there seems to be one light and in other pictures you can clearly see three lights.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry...either you are confused or playing games....

The spiral was sighted in Oz...wtf has the South Pacific got to do with anything???

Another example of helping out here??

Jeez....

OK, the Tasman Sea then. Same body of water. Point is: if it's above water it's not really a threat to anyone is it?

I'm "hindering" what exactly? What a ridiculous thing to say. I'm saying this spiral is due to the Falcon 9. The only valid argument, going off the information we have.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have no idea what that is but there is no way in hell that is from a rocket. Parts of a rocket falling to earth could look something like a falling star but more often than not it looks like nothing at all. Also the Australian government would never tolerate rocket drops over heavily populated populated parts of the country. The MSN either don't know or can't tell you what it is so they are going with some lame rocket theory.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Jeez...its not my day....

even Kermit's having a go at putting the boot in...

Anybody got a blender???

Great post...adds value....thanks..now move on .

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Just what is the "population" of the South Pacific Ocean?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

One would have fully expected that someone like you

... would research that for yourself

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

80% of the population is on the east coast of Aus well over 50 million

Dont wish to be picky Bob but half that mate

Wally

[edit on 5-6-2010 by auswally]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Jeez...its not my day....

even Kermit's having a go at putting the boot in...

Anybody got a blender???

Great post...adds value....thanks..now move on .

LOL

Welcome to ATS

You're obviously a danger to the 'official' explanation

But no worries, eh ?

We all know what we do to cane-toads in Oz, right ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

He might be including NZ and the islands ?

OR --- it could simply be that --- as Hoges says --- Aussie brains are

worth TWO of anyone else's ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Interesting, isn't it, watching the Paid-to-Posts at work ?

Obfuscation. Disinformation. Assertion. Misrepresentation. Misinterpretation. Collaboration. Invention. etc

And then the OLD 'derail-ment tactic' of injecting nonsense and then pretending to respond to it

In the words of John McEnroe "You cannot be serious!"

I wish I was "paid to post", sounds like a good gig.

If I'm "injecting nonsense" with my outlandish and ridiculous assertion that this spiral was probably caused by the Flacon 9 rocket (what a wild imagination I have!), what exactly are you "injecting" into this discussion?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

NO. It's not 'the same body of water ' at all

So what is it that you're trying to sell us ?

Please exPLOIN

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Actually nobody lives in the South Pacific Ocean, the Tasman Sea, or any other body of water. Humans are land-bearing creatures, hence the point I was making that the rocket above water is no threat to anybody. I didn't think what I was saying was so complicated.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What I AM clearly attempting to do

is to dissuade someone who has demonstrated repeatedly that he has no clue at all about the very large area he's pontificating about from making such pronouncements to those who actually LIVE there until he's at least picked up an atlas or run to Google to familiarise himself --- as a courtesy AT LEAST --- with the region before 'telling' rather than asking about the topic and witnesses under discussion

yes, that's roughly it

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
look, I certainly am not here to squabble or be nasty to anyone....

Our resident X-filer is accepting(for whatever reason....
)of the MSM fairytale, even though it uses words such as "probably" and "in all likelyhood"....thats his business and perogative....

Personally, having seen the whole thing first-hand, and given the lack of info released by SpaceX, I think it unrealistic that theres any evidence of a rocket causing this....."in all likelyhood" is not good enough for me...

we all have different standards I guess...

Again...why would SpaceX, the private Company responsible, refuse to release its flight plan??

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hint: you clearly neglected to factor in the Australian island State of Tasmania

not to mention the inhabited islands nearby

Maybe you need to check that atlas after all ?

Be a good idea to do it first, next time

Tip: and if you DO bother to reach for an atlas, you'll find it's location --- probably much to your surprise

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ok for the none believers

Falcon 9 lifted off from Florida at 18:45 ut Friday that is: 04:45 Sydney time.

Pass for Sydney, Australia:

The rocket was in the atmosphere, not over populated areas as people are stating. Didn't the witnesses see it up over the Ocean in the horizon it would’ve been a couple of hundred kilometers up in orbit.

the Falcon 9 was in a spin watch the video of the launch

Below is a link to the flight path of the Falcon 9 rocket to set the non believers straight.

Yep the orbital elements were right so falcon 9 was in the right place for us to see it with the help from the rising sun adding to the effect of the spinning trail .

spirals as seen yesterday are common it spinning rockets
here is a Spiral ejecta - simulation

This is very simple logic

Ocker

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Don't know if this has previously been posted.....

Fantastic! Just saw the morning news via the Today Show Aussie channel 9.
They had a guest showing her footage of the spiral. She outrightly stated she thinks we are not alone, its not a rocket and she even quoted "its a conspiracy". The TV reporter backed her up, by agreeing we are not alone. They have asked for other people to send in footage if they have some.

I have to agree about the rocket....cmon all aussies know how much dead land and desert there is here....plently of space for rocket testing without having to go near civilians.

......magnitude 5 quake in South Australia - can someone else please enlighten.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by wickedwenchlet]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Sorry 'ocker'

but I'm not buying it

Were you selling ?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join