It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John "William One Sac" Crawford has passed away...

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A few words...

It is always a sobering moment when someone you know passes. John Crawford has, and will be repeatedly lauded and praised, and deservedly so… He was a singularly kind person, free malice or contempt, a free spirit who would lend a hand to anyone in need and would always think of others long before considering himself. John was imbued with tenacity for life, a will without equal, a titan of perseverance. While Fate will ultimately claim us all, John stood fast in the face of an opponent beyond our mortal understanding, and prevailed until the end. The hand that finally cut the golden thread of his life surely trembled from the struggle, and will not soon forget the courage and determination that John had exhibited. He was an inspiration to all, in my own time of need I looked to his fortitude, and sought solace and a renewed sense of enthusiasm for life.

The sorrow isn’t for John, it is for us… We have been lessened in his parting, deprived of our strength and foundation, bereft of his good auspices… We are now deaf, blind and frail. The solace we must take is that John has shown us the way… Inculcated not by any explicit outline, but by the far more arduous and taxing journey as a just and upright man, devoid of contention or strife save one great struggle with Cancer. That we should live each day with same grace and temperate demeanor would be our greatest tribute. A gentle soul who by his interminable character and humble demeanor has given us chart in which to navigate our own lives.

Our earthly bond with John has been severed, but rather than goodbye, a fond farewell until we meet again.

O Captain My Captain
a poem by Walt Whitman

O Captain my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up--for you the flag is flung for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribboned wreaths for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
This arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The ship is anchored safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

www.poetry-online.org...

May his family and all those who knew him find comfort in the outpouring of love and friendship, may John find the peace he so richly deserves.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is shocking. I return back to the ATS forums, and another passes away. It's sad news, its a shame I never really talked to him or anything. However, I had enough friends die as it is, just knowing that you sat next to them the other day, then they are gone for good. Just like William One Sac, you never know when you will see another post from a good man.

I hope that he is reborn into a more pure intelligent form other than the human race. Nobody deserves to come back to a civilization that is on a downward spiral going towards a world war III.

May you (William), see peace and understanding in the next, but not last life.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've not been on ATS for a very long time but I just heard about this.

You'll be missed, John. I can remember the excitement here in the early days of ATS when you'd comment on someones thread and it would make the original poster's day.

Sad, sad day.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Rest in peace, Rest well.

You are an inspiration to us all.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
all the secrets of the universe are now yours for the knowing W.O.S. and may your spirit and goodwill live on as long as you remember in the heart of all the people that you have touched throughout the years on ATS and beyond our rest in peace and may we all come to join you in our appointed time God bless you and God bless your family amen.

Phil.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Farewell William One Sac, farewell.

kode

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I would like to say rip one sac.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Those are very good videos, and they kind of make me sad since I can't play the guitar, nor the flute anymore because of the injury to my arm. I miss being able to play. Thanks for those links.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i would feel like crap if i didnt log on and pay my respects
i have been here for couple years and i will say john you have shown alot of courage for what you have gone through, i dont really know what else to say, apart from rest in peace and its been a privilidge to read your topics and thoughts, thank you for what you shared over the years,

i will stop now before i start to mumble

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
W.O.S.
FOREVER!!!!!!

We miss ya man......

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
RIP W.O.S. You will be missed.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
For John..aka..WOS..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
q.e.p.d. camarada...hay te miro en el otro lado

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Oh, John may you rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this beautiful man as well as his family.

DG

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Oh no...that's so sad.
I really enjoyed some of his discussions.

rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Rest in peace.

The end is just the beginning.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I didn't know him, but rest in peace William.

I hope you're better where you are now ...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Not surprising since I reported to WOS on some tinwiki work back in 2007. I knew he was battling the big "C" but you would never know it by any of his posts or pm's.

RIP WOS.

We'll all join you in time buddy.

Best wishes to your family and closest friends during this sad time.

-SJ76

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Can't say I ever knew the chap although my thoughts are with his friends and family but has anyone on ATS ever covered Jim Humble's MMS? It's a simple and allegedly quite effective remedy for a whole host of ailments, including cancer.

Check out this video if your interested, then follow up your own research.

www.youtube.com...

x x

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
While I did not know then man...I know the battle he fought...and as a member I say thank you, as a fellow man I say, may you rest in peace.

(Its been a hard year)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join