It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 million?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I believe the Nazis killed a lot of people, but six million? Where is the evidence for that? I personally think maybe 1-2 million Jewish people were killed.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I see you wanted a controversial thread with guaranteed replies, probably to fulfill some deep rooted desire for attention. Your lack of references and cold presentation lead me to believe you are a troll. Good day sir.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
I see you wanted a controversial thread with guaranteed replies, probably to fulfill some deep rooted desire for attention. Your lack of references and cold presentation lead me to believe you are a troll. Good day sir.

No sorry, it's just the 6 million figure was an average between the Allied and Nazi estimates, both of which are going to be over-inflated.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Apparently none of the people... yes PEOPLE, with families, and children, who had jobs, and were in love... were your relatives.

Fail - no sources. Get a life

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Dear Donnie Darko

The following is from en.wikipedia.org...

Jews

Entrance to Auschwitz-Birkenau, 1945Hilberg's estimate of 5.1 million, in the third edition of The Destruction of the European Jews, includes over 800,000 who died from "ghettoization and general privation"; 1,400,000 killed in open-air shootings; and up to 2,900,000 who perished in camps. Hilberg estimates the death toll of Jews in Poland as up to 3,000,000.[202] Hilberg's numbers are generally considered to be a conservative estimate, as they typically include only those deaths for which records are available, avoiding statistical adjustment.

If I were you I would just not go there.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

How many Jews were murdered during the Holocaust?

While it is impossible to ascertain the exact number of Jewish
victims, statistics indicate that the total was over 5,830,000.
Six million is the round figure accepted by most authorities.

By 1945 two out of every three European Jews had been killed.
The European Jews were the primary victims of the Holocaust.
But Jews were not the only group singled out for persecution by
Hitler’s Nazi regime. As many as one-half million Gypsies, at
least 250,000 mentally or physically disabled persons, and more
than three million Soviet prisoners-of-war also fell victim to Nazi
genocide. Jehovah’s Witnesses, homosexuals, Social Democrats,
Communists, partisans, trade unionists, Polish intelligentsia and
other undesirables were also victims of the hate and aggression
carried out by the Nazis.

source:

www.auschwitz.dk...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
6 million sounds kind of light to me, probably was more given that generalized numbers of deaths are always underscored. we are not including the millions more that died in the gulags in russia under communist rule. my personal number would be 10+ European jews died in the events prior to and to immediately after ww2. looking at the number of jews today you realize they almost got wiped out

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I agree with a few other posters here.
You certainly could have pick a better time for this thread.
I hope its closed by a caring mod.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well I agree with the OP, which also agrees with the Swiss analysis of 1.5 million.

Here's a good article on it. tiny.cc...

"There were fewer than eight million Jews in all of Nazi-occupied Europe. In other words, if these numbers are correct, the Holocaust didn't happen. As my mother used to say, if everyone who claims to be a Holocaust survivor actually is one, who did Hitler kill?"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I'd like someone to prove to me that 6 million Jewish people died in the Holocaust. I just find it hard to believe the Jewish population in Europe was ever even that high.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I'd like someone to prove to me that 6 million Jewish people died in the Holocaust. I just find it hard to believe the Jewish population in Europe was ever even that high.

Maybe you could have picked a better time to play devils advbocate on such an emotional issue. You obviously have a problem with the official figures, yet have provided no evidence to challenge those figures apart from playing the devils advocate. Sometimes its better to just keep those thoughts to yourself, unless you have hard evidence from reliable sources to back up your claim. There are enough Israli threads withou having to start one on questioning the Holocaust. You only give those people more ammo.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

source:

www.auschwitz.dk...

That's a reliable, unbiased source I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes but maybe thats the OP's intention.

A dangeous topic with ZERO information....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
When the zionists are allowed to introduce a law in europe that forbids anyone questioning the offical 6m figure i think something is very wrong indeed.

If we allow them to ban free speach then were will it stop.

Will anyone that questions the 9/11 lies be labled as giving out hate speaches ! today it's them, tomorrow it's you.

Again Iserail is shooting itself in the foot and the reson it is allowed to get away with this is because the zionists own the worlds banking system so any country that does not enforce the ban will have trouble getting loans from the IMF/WTO.

Seems to me the only people killed in the camps were jewish according to some when infact more russians were killed than anyone but i forgot Americia won the war in europe according hollywood.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What's going on in Israel today has nothing to do with the Holocaust that happened sixty-five years ago.

I just think we really have no idea what the numbers were, and they were probably quite a bit lower than six million.

For example, Lithuania counted a 5.4% Jewish population in 1939, when it had 2.8 million people. This works out to only about 150,000 people, while it's said that:

Out of approximately 208,000 to 210,000 Jews, an estimated 195,000–196,000 were murdered before the end of World War II (wider estimates are sometimes published); most between June and December 1941.[1][2][3]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
What's going on in Israel today has nothing to do with the Holocaust that happened sixty-five years ago.

Israel today is a direct reflection of the effects of the Holocaust upon the collective (Jewish) psyche.

The numbers exterminated are not the primary issue. The will to exterminate a whole cultural or ideological group and make scapegoats of them so as to rebuild a shattered economy and strive toward world domination, is the cause for concern that the Allies took into account in the post war jaw-jaw.

Were your cultural group singled out for such treatment, do you think your leaders and policy makers would have included any historical account of the the atrocity in any educational or social reform initiatives?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

6 million is probably an estimate. There may have been fewer; there may have been more. If the figure was meant as propaganda, though, why not 7, 8 or 9 million? I think the 6 million estimate is pretty close to the actual number killed. Thankfully, my grandmother (whose family was Jewish and escaped Germany in 1936) was not one of those killed.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If 6 million was the accepted amount killed, Then 2.5 million should be subtracted to take into account of the revision of Auschwitz as shown by the replacement plaque installed.

Or did i miss something ?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
At least wait for the eyewitnesses to have all died off before trying to rewrite history. That would be the polite thing to do.

Besides it's not like "oh, the Nazi's only slaughters 2 million" makes them all good guys or something.

Once youve crossed into the hundreds of thousands killed numbers dont really have any value.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
wow
add the 6 million of ww2 to the 6 million of world war 1 and thats a lot of people.

From "The American Hebrew"
fliiby.com...
"The Six Million Dead Jews of World War One"

www.ihr.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join