It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Impeachment Charges

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You should be thanking Obama for teaching you to spell "impeachable offense."

When George W. Bush was in office it was apparent that you never heard of the term. It's a little late to get all righteous and everything now.

I'm surprised that you didn't list being black as an impeachable offense.

Get a Life!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Right now, I would say that until all of the Sestak stuff is out in the open, it would not do the country good for there to be an impeachment proceeding at this time. However, if they keep stalling on the Sestak issue, then I would say yes it will be time to open such proceeding, cause if nothing illegale happened, then what do have to fear or hide by revealing this information to the country? If they stall, and they are working on stalling as much as possible, it is leading to an air of questionable actions on the part of the US. I do not buy the entire excuse they have given, nor do I believe what Sestak and the White House have stated, cause it leads to distrust and more of an alienation between the population and the elected officials.
Personally I think alot of this is being put on the back burner right now until after the November elections, cause if the Republicans get back into power then can actually pass the resolution.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
IT is so sad that almost every one of your reason has little to no hard evidence and even if the evidence was there ,

Wrong. Do some research before spouting off.

it would not be an impeachable offense.

Wrong again . . . see my previous post.

Cmon , Obama is not even close to the worst we have had

That is a two wrongs make a right fallacy. You are attempting to evade the subject by pointing out that other were just as bad.

and almost all your data comes from right -wing sensationalism. The same guys that believe we need the crusades again and will be raptured off the planet in the future.

Another fallacy. Genetic Fallacy, if you are interested. Attacking the source instead of the argument.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

You should be thanking Obama for teaching you to spell "impeachable offense."

Fallacy: Personal attack

When George W. Bush was in office it was apparent that you never heard of the term. It's a little late to get all righteous and everything now.

Fallacy: Two Wrongs Make a Right

I'm surprised that you didn't list being black as an impeachable offense.

Fallacy: False Dilemma

Get a Life!

Learn how to debate!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Not one of your examples is an impeachable offense...maybe you should study up on what is an impeachable offense.

How sad are you going to be when Obama is elected to a second term?

hey outkast

just got a question and in no way am i challenging you, i'd just like a throrough investigation of your mode of thought on the subject

well, of these things from the main post, which might be limited

1) Complicit in the Illinois House Seat
Scandal with Blagovich, included in that
charge is Rahm Emmanuel his chief of staff.

www.reuters.com...

2) Obama administration admitted using bribes
of White House positions to quell opponents
of the Obama Administration. To include offering
jobs to Andrew Romanoff and Joe Sestak to drop
political races.

www.thefoxnation.com...

3) Obama has just instructed the Supreme Court to
circumvent law by asking the court to carve out a
special exemption for businesses who break the law
by hiring illegal aliens

www.foxnews.com...

4) Dr. Robert Weinstein, Rod Blagojevich and a host of
corruption figures in Illinois, many with ties to the
Middle East. The common denominator among all of these
corruption figures is Barack Obama. Obama has many long
time close ties to Tony Rezko and conspired with on or
more of Rezko, Levine, Weinsein and Blagojevich to rig
the IL Health Planning Facilities Board.

citizenwells.wordpress.com...

5) Complicit in the act of killing hundreds of American
Military by continuing to support illegal wars that
were waged on a lie.

6) Non-enforcement of Immigration laws

7) Bailed out Bankers and Wall-Street to the tune
of Billions while Americans suffer in poverty with
no jobs and eating on food stamps. Yet allowed
fat bankers to take home millions in bonuses.

8) Forced Obamacare down our throats to make it
a law that ALL Americans have to purchase said
item and then bribed certain congressmen with
illegal kickbacks to get it passed.

9) Wasted Billions of dollars on stimulus
packages to stimulate the economy, meanwhile
the economy has only gotten worse.

i left out the birth certificate, well because in this conversation my opinion is that could be circumstantial

my question of course is of all of those things, do you have no problem with even one of them? do you not mind your president doing those things?

what are your feelings about his decisions in regard to these key points? just wondering, not trying to challenge anybody, i just want to clarify if doing those things is what you would accurately call a successful and honest american president who is helping his country

[edit on 6/3/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Not to take the wind out of any ones sails but everything that has been mentioned in the first post has been mentioned and talked about before. Nothing has happened in regard to Obama being taken out of office before and its not going to happen now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

It is young. Let Obama dig his hole deeper, and the cries from the people will get louder.

This is just the beginning.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Just because you place the word "fallacy" in front of your response does not make it so, regardless of the number of times you repeat the process. It is however, a clear demonstration of your own inability to debate.

If I'm not mistaken, the original thread stated that Obama should be impeached for continuing an unjust war that we were led into based on lies. What, no prosecution for the administration that lied us into this war?

Like I said before, "Get A Life!"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
11. not standing next to an american flag on memorial day

right?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

LOL...sorry...none of those are criminal. You may not agree with them...but nothing is criminal.

Has Obama been charged with a crime?

You guys make me laugh..you bring up Blago...LOL...yeah of course he is trying to use Obama...to try to misdirect the heat off of him....he is a scumbag.

I'll make a little bet with you...I bet Obama never gets impeached...not even republicans are dumb enough to suggest something like this.

Oh...I also see you are another one of those "master of fallicies"...if you don't like an argument...just randomly call it a fallacy and move on. Takes a really determined weak mind to do that.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

the original thread listed 10 impeachable offenses that Obama has so far commited, though it is arguable there are more, this thread stays on topic with those 10, and the conversation is thus about those offenses and their relation to a justified impeachment

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You don't like Obama. Got it.

You were on thin ice with most of your issues and then you fell through the ice and drowned when you got to the birth certificate.

We might fish your body out of the lake come spring thaw.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Debate is done using facts, not fallacies. I am sorry that you refuse to properly debate the OP. You even end your post in a fallacy. This is not about Bush, it is about Obama. Stay on topic.

Try bringing some facts to the table to support your position.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

the original thread listed 10 impeachable offenses that Obama has so far commited, though it is arguable there are more, this thread stays on topic with those 10, and the conversation is thus about those offenses and their relation to a justified impeachment

There is not one shred of proof that those 10 "offenses" are in fact offensese not to mention impeachable offenses

They are just as impeachable as the thread last week wanting to impeach him for not having a flag at a press conference.

You guys crack me up.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Lemon
I like you basic stance, let him dig his hole. I just really don't see it happening while he is in office. If I am wrong you can come back and say "I told you so"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

just trying to stay on topic, feel free to respond to my post towards you on this thread

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Not one of your examples is an impeachable offense...maybe you should study up on what is an impeachable offense.

Maybe you should take your own advice?

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." --US Constitution. Article II, Sec. 4."

I see bribery, abuse of power, official misconduct, and breaking his oath to the Constitution . . . just to name a few impeachable offenses.

Should I continue?

[edit on 6/2/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

You just brought up things that EVERY president thats ever been in command of the United States has done. Why are you all of a sudden being nitpicky or do you spew this same rhetoric towards every president?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

LOL...sorry...none of those are criminal. You may not agree with them...but nothing is criminal.

Bribery, Abuse of Power, Official Misconduct, and breaking an oath are not criminal?

The law disagrees with you.

Has Obama been charged with a crime?

Impeachment in the United States is an expressed power of the legislature that allows for formal charges against a civil officer of government for crimes committed in office. The actual trial on those charges, and subsequent removal of an official on conviction on those charges, is separate from the act of impeachment itself.

You guys make me laugh..you bring up Blago...LOL...yeah of course he is trying to use Obama...to try to misdirect the heat off of him....he is a scumbag.

That is neither here nor there. If Obama did something wrong, he needs to face the charges, no matter who ratted him out.

I'll make a little bet with you...I bet Obama never gets impeached...not even republicans are dumb enough to suggest something like this.

I am not willing to take that bet, because they are all working together anyways.

Oh...I also see you are another one of those "master of fallicies"...if you don't like an argument...just randomly call it a fallacy and move on. Takes a really determined weak mind to do that.

Why not bring some facts to the table, instead of trying to argue a fallacy? Is it that hard?

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I listed your proof that they are offenses.

[edit on 6/3/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Maybe you should take your own advice?

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." --US Constitution. Article II, Sec. 4."

I see bribery, abuse of power, official misconduct, and breaking his oath to the Constitution . . . just to name a few impeachable offenses.

Should I continue?

[edit on 6/2/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

You just brought up things that EVERY president thats ever been in command of the United States has done. Why are you all of a sudden being nitpicky or do you spew this same rhetoric towards every president?

Another fallacy! Geez people, come at me with facts, please!

Disprove what I said! Can you do it?

Edit: I would like to see your list of the bribery, abuse of power, official misconduct, and breaking his oath to the Constitution committed by EVERY single president we have ever had. It might take you awhile, so PM me when you put up a new thread

[edit on 6/3/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join