It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guided Meditation to OBE State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi there everyone,

I have just finshed recording and mixing a guided meditation which aims to help people into an OBE state.

Please be gentle, as this is my first attempt at a guided meditation and I may well have made a few small mistakes.

However, please enjoy and I hope it is beneficial to some ATS members.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
hey good job and check this video out if your into OBE's

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thanks

I shall check out that youtube link now...

What does anyone else think of my first attempt at a guided meditation?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Thanks for sharing this, I have been practicing with various tones etc and have been trying to find some guided meditations but I cant seem to find anything! The file stops buffering and playing at around 75% though, is it just me that this is happening to?

Also is there anyway of sharing this as some kind of sound file that we can put on a personal music player? It is showing as a quicktime movie file for me.

Thanks again, I think we need more creative sharing on ATS. Idownloaded a tone called 'Bach to the Future' from at ATS member and it is one of the most relaxing ones I have heard!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
Hi there everyone,

I have just finshed recording and mixing a guided meditation which aims to help people into an OBE state.

Please be gentle, as this is my first attempt at a guided meditation and I may well have made a few small mistakes.

However, please enjoy and I hope it is beneficial to some ATS members.

Thanks

Have you tried this yourself and if so, what are the results?

What frequencies / binaural beats did you use and why, etc?

I guess what I need to know before I listen to this is, does it work? I think you may have answered that question , but just wanting to know the fine print - anything that messes with my mind needs vetted by my body first - house rules

Thanks for your efforts.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for doing this, I've been looking for a good guided astral travel meditation. I'll try this out at some point this week.

Is there any chance that you could upload it to a file hosting site, so we could download it. I'm going on holiday next week, and I'd love to spend a few hours in the astral

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
the file can be downloaded here in mp3 format:
files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b2c883f4e9d50144.mp3

haven't listened to it yet, i'll post more feedback after i try it out

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Naphariel]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies

I haven't tested it out yet but I will listen to it fully tonight when I get off to bed and I shall post the results here tomorrow

All I did is record myself talking through the thoughts I'd usually go through when trying to obtain an OBE state.

The track itself is a mix of an isochronic tone that is meant to unduce astral projection and with about 3 or 4 other binaural tracks mixed over that, the first 4-5 minutes is a delta wave binaural.

Resentedhalo08.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
going to test it. NOW! hehehe.
g'nite!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hi all...

Ok I listened to it last night and to be honest it was a load of rubbish, as far as I'm concerned the best bit about it was when I stopped talking, lol.

I'll do a 2nd attempt when I can, the things that I noticed is that I did not leave enough space during the guided meditation to experience the sensations, so next time I will slow down my talking and I will also add a few more bits.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Do one with the Monroe Method!! (it's proven to work)

Here's a little video to explain more.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
hmmm I started to feel something when the guide finished it and I raged...
if you quit that bit, then it would be great...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Caggy]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm going to re-record it sometime tomorrow, I'm gonna leave the music to play for about 2-3 mins before coming in wih the guide and I'm going to leave plenty of space between my talking, hopefully my 2nd attempt will be better than this 1st one!

Any advice or input in what to add in would be much appreciated

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Just started listening. My feelings so far are that you could take some more breaks, and that it is way too quiet. Your words should be on the foreground, and the file is too quiet in general as well.

Some amplification on your speech channel, and a normalize filter (for example in Audacity) should do it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

Hi,

Thanks for uploading and sharing this.. a good first track, and I assure you, much better than I could do.

You asked for feedback though, so I intend to give it:

First, which is an issue with be being a beginner in the practice of meditation, and not an issue with your track.. I find it more difficult to concentrate in a guided meditation if the guide has a foreign accent. I know that sounds funny to a lot, but for me it is always an issue. I only mention it in hopes that someone here has ran across that problem in their early stages to and could possibly give me any tips they may have in improving my experience.

Now:

The echo of the voice in the guide is something that I'm not particularly fond of, unless I am using at a lower volume to just relax so I can sleep.

Also, you have a nice voice but at times you sort of broke my concentration by being a little forceful with a word here or there.. it was kind of like a jolt. Not that you yelled it, but it was a little broken in the pattern.

Those were my only issues with it.. and overall I enjoyed and am looking forward to more uploads from you.

The mix was awesome.. and the way you whispered 'relax' really worked for me.

I will end here in asking if someone could link me to any really good meditation threads here on ATS, as my interest was peaked a few months ago, and I'm officially hooked. Thanks, and if that is going to derail the thread, please disregard.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Send me the speech and the music in two different files, I can mix it

I got the gear mang.

new topics

top topics

join