It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jewish American reaction to attack on flotilla (we overwhelmingly condemn it)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Nice thread OP!

For many years I heaped scorn upon the Jewsih community without understanding the difference between Zionist Israel and true Judaism. Because of the slant presented by the MSM in favor of Zionist Israel and their constant harping about American Jews' support of the "Motherland" it was excusable to be confused and make the hasty generalization. Today, due largely to ATS, I have clarified my position and am very happy to learn of this news that you present.

Please encourage your friends and family to end the support of Zionist Israel - both finacially and in spirit. It is time to starve the beast so that you may return the good name of Judaism to its rightful place. As a Christian and a Catholic I DO NOT support Israel and am working toward those same ends with respect to the Vatican and the hijacking of Christianity.

Edited for clarification: No entity owns a religion, only those practicing it own it individually. Israel does NOT own Judiasm and the Vatican does NOT own Catholicism. To the unititiated it is difficult to make this disctinction. It took me a long time to grow enough to be able to do so personally!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by kozmo]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Now the question that has to be asked is this Airspoon - since yourself, and the majority of American Jews in your neck of the woods, condemn the current actions of Israel, then what are YOU and the rest of those that condemn the actions, going to do about it???

Please don't take this as a personal attack, I just wanna know if you and the other American Jews that condemn the attack, are going to do something about it??? Because it seems that whenever someone other than a Jew criticizes Israel, the "Anti-Semite" card is automatically played. Hell, even Israeli's/Jews that criticise Israel are claimed as Anti-Semites.

So is there anything possibly the those of the Jewish faith OUTSIDE of Israel can do without the Anti-Semite card being played??? Or that "Traitor" card being played????

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I LOVE when people talk to their friends and then say that "poll" speaks for a race...

Israel was defending itself against people on a boat who are saying "We will be heros or Martyrs."

There were 2 HANDGUNS with the Israelis...everyone was equipped with PAINTBALL GUNS.

One Israeli soldier was thrown overboard and now has brain damage.

Israel is not evil. I believe your blind hatred of Israel is evil.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I feel sorry for u man, I'm a christain and I dont believe that way, the bible/god doesnt teach u to support isreal no matter what they are human just like the rest of us and are capable of doing horrible things just like anyone else they are not above anyone. I hope ur friend realizes what a dumb move hes making

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It's strikes me that you find yourself able to discern that everyone who disagrees with you has the wrong info. Yet you, here on the other side of the world, are completely informed, more so than the folks in Isreal. Is that correct? Perhaps you should spend a year or two in Israel, watch the "palestinians" lob missles at your home and blow up your family members at the mall. Then feel sorry for the muslims. Besides, is this the correct forum for that? Being Jewish doesn't make you an Israeli.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Although the Jewish American community is condemning this act of international piracy, the American Government will likely sit back and do nothing.

Obama will say that "he continues to wait this out until both sides of the story are in" and then he will probably sit back on his haunches and do absolutely nothing, except veto any possible vote on sanctions by the Security Council.

The Jewish lobby in Washington is WAY too strong for him (or the rest of the Government) to be able to take ANY action on anything that Israel does, and Israel knows this.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Maybe that is because your type of "Christian" is not really Christian at all, but a right wing cult. No objective viewer can look upon what happened and not put the blame on Israel. Sure the flotilla intended to dare the Israelis into a stupid and politically suicidal reaction and they succeeded. MLK and Gandhi used non-violence in the same way. The Israelis made themselves look brutal, not to mention incompetent and nothing Israelis hate more than when their military looks weak and ineffectual. This will create a MAJOR political firestorm inside Israel, not just outside.

And I know a little about this situation. I worked for an Israeli company as a mid-level executive for ten years and traveled there frequently. Topics like Zionism and Palestine are discussed pretty much weekly over lunch, etc. with Israeli co-workers (all of whom are ex-military).

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

I LOVE when people talk to their friends and then say that "poll" speaks for a race...

Israel was defending itself against people on a boat who are saying "We will be heros or Martyrs."

There were 2 HANDGUNS with the Israelis...everyone was equipped with PAINTBALL GUNS.

One Israeli soldier was thrown overboard and now has brain damage.

Israel is not evil. I believe your blind hatred of Israel is evil.

Paintball guns eh????

Pop quiz hotshot - if you see Soldiers known for extreme violence rappelling down, carrying what looks to be a rifle, are you going to think "Woah cool, it's ok, the guys are carrying paintball guns!!!!"

# no. Once the adrenaline kicks in, first thought will most likely be "#, trained soldiers with rifles, wtf!?!?!"

And as for one of them being thrown over the side and now has brain damage, well guess what, that's what happens when you sign up for the Military. There is a good chance you will end up injured, or guess what, DEAD. These things happen.

You can't cry foul when you join the Military and then end up with medical problems...............

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I am an American Jew with a large Jewish family, living in a majority Jewish neighborhood (North East Coast). Today, I had the opportunity to gauge the Jewish American reaction to the recent attack on the flotilla bringing humanitarian aid to Gaza, while attending Memorial Day celebrations in my neighborhood.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by airspoon]

Well, maybe the Jews will realize that their government, just like the US government, has an agenda to keep dissension against the government quelled at all costs.

Waiting patiently to join the revolt.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Great job OP!

I suppose if more Jewish people like you came in to discuss a position most of us non-Jews have on certain Israeli policies, the discussion won't be hijacked by repeated claims of antisemitism.

We may actually get to make some sort of headway.

So far so good.

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I feel sorry for u man, I'm a christain and I dont believe that way, the bible/god doesnt teach u to support isreal no matter what they are human just like the rest of us and are capable of doing horrible things just like anyone else they are not above anyone. I hope ur friend realizes what a dumb move hes making

Me too.

I've had friends who have done the same thing to me.
You can't criticize any Israeli actions around some Christians (and Catholics), and they treat you like you should be crucified if you do.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

# no. Once the adrenaline kicks in, first thought will most likely be "#, trained soldiers with rifles, wtf!?!?!"

Let me guess...You are "peace activists" going against a nation that is hyper sensitive to its safety...you run a blockade...you get a boarding party from that nation...and you now can attack those soldiers and they must control themselves...

I see London, I see France...I see anti-semetic underpants.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is the thing people often forget, it's never good to generalize a whole people because of the actions of few.

Israel firing on human aid workers is about the same as Hitler putting jews into gas chambers, and for all I care, Netanjahu is a 2nd Hitler...BUT, that doesn't mean all jews are suddenly bad people.

Just like not all Arab people are bad just because some insane suicide bomber blows up people.

In this case, I hope the US stops supporting Israel for good until its government stops acting like Hitler's reincarnation.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I made no claims of being Israeli and in fact, my avatar should speak volumes for which country I belong and I would hope that people would know, being Jewish does not make one Israeli and vice versa. I don't think it is really debated outside of rumor, that this happened in international waters. The same thing for the rumor of this being Palestinians shipping arms into Gaza.

I'm certainly not condoning the firing of rockets into Israel however that's all we hear in the US. We don't hear about the Palestinian evictions. We don't hear about this deadly occupation of Gaza. We don't hear about the illegal settlements. We don't hear about our support for Israel's policies against their neighbors being the number one reason for Muslims hating the US. We don't hear about the children shot or beat at the hands of settlers or IDF soldiers. We don't hear about the pregnant women denied medical care as they are either detained or otherwise held up at checkpoints. We don't hear about Israeli only roads.

I'm sorry that you and your fellow countrymen have rockets coming into your country, however that gives you no right to commit forced evictions of Palestinians or the constant oppression besieged on them. There is a right way and a wrong way to handle something and it would seem that Israel is doing it the wrong way. It would also seem that innocent Palestinians (yes, there is such a thing) would live in far more fear of their lives, than any Israeli citizen.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I am a martian, and ALL martians I spoke to condemn the latest Jewish actions. Kidding..haha...

But seriously, many will condemn Israel now. Killings had been committed on open seas. While some may say the jews carried paintball gun, then how did paintballs created 9 dead humans? That is a question that is best left to inquiry.

Those responsible MUST be made to pay for the crime of murder, but lets not hang anyone till the jury is out with the verdict, or we may be hanging the wrong people.

Worse, if we end up being manipulated like the 9 dead humanitarians on board who had no doubt that they were only attempting to save the Palestinians, unware they were but pawns in a bigger chess game played by Turkey.

Manipulated to the point where we - muslims, jews, christians, hindus, buddhists, free thinkers, etc, etc end up killing each other, when we should be working together to solve today's crisis.

It seems the NWO is hell bent on making brother killing brother, this time using Turkey, jews and palestinians as chess pieces to drag everyone else into a larger war and domination...

Please calm down, back off and await true justice and rule of law to be served or only more innocents will die, not only in the middle east, but everywhere else in the world.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Let me guess...You are "peace activists" going against a nation that is hyper sensitive to its safety...you run a blockade...you get a boarding party from that nation...and you now can attack those soldiers and they must control themselves...

Huzzah!!!!! Just what I was waiting for!!!! The Anti-Semite card!!!! Shame you played it all wrong.

Guess what Princess. International Waters are International Waters. Not one single country in the world can lay claim to International Waters. And guess what else, by trying to take control of a Vessel in International Waters without proof of intent to cause harm to a person and/or Country is Illegal.

I'll say it again hoping it will sink in. To try and take control of ANY vessel in International Waters without proof of intent to cause harm to a person/Country IS ILLEGAL.

And i'll tell you something about boarding vessels too. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it.

And guess what - storming a vessel in International Waters with waterbourne Special Operators is clearly going in the WRONG direction.

And that is the problem with Israel. They will shoot first, ask questions later, and if someone doesn't like it, well tough #. If the Israeli's had proof that the Vessel was bound for Israel, with weapons, and the intent to cause harm to Israel's citizens, the Israeli Government would have been all over the press with this information in order to get everyone of their backs.

Keep on calling Anti-Semite dude. Just keep on going. Because guess what? One day the world is going to say back "Listen Israel, there is no f**king Wolf ok, now stfu and stop causing #!!!!"

And that will be the day that the Wolf really is on Israel's doorstep, and that's when Israel's problems will really begin, because nobody will be willing to come to their aid.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Just how many common people in any country have a say in what their government does?

Oh sure, we like to think we have a say, we line up for voting, write letters, make phone calls, hold rallies, and attend protests, but our efforts are for the most part ignored.

So let us not forget that Israel too has a corrupt government that they no longer control...just like the rest of us.

That being said...

Looking at the situation from God's point of view, when governments are corrupt and committing atrocities not sanctioned by God or the people, it is the duty of the people to cast down that government. Failure to do so makes us all a part of our own nation's problem.
------------------------------

Personally, I believe all countries are in great need of a good house cleaning and we should all be looking to the filth of our own house before condemning our neighbors for theirs.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Some sharp criticism from Jews is being heard...

'Israel is a Lunatic State' - Finkelstein on Gaza Flotilla Attack

"It's a lunatic state with between 2/300 nuclear devices".

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Oh LOOOOOOOL, the old "you say something bad against Israel then you're an anti-semite" line. That's bull# and you know it!!

Netanjahu is like the reincarnation of Hitler, his provocative settler strategy and this latest attack on human aid workers just show how sick that man is in his head. And the sad thing is, the US are support those people, which is one of the NUMBER ONE reasons why a lot of Muslims hate the US. By supporting Hitler n2, the US are endangering their own people. And for what?

Having said that, I got nothing against jews, in fact, many of my friends are jewish. But the Israeli government are like the Nazi regime and should be treated as such.

A government so blatantly ignoring the international community and basic human rights doesn't deserve our support. We should pull back, and let the Israelis deal with things on their own. If their government wants to act like assholes, we should let them face the consequences...ALONE!

[edit on 1-6-2010 by MrXYZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join