It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shoots Laptop (Damn XP Professional..LOL)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

US man shoots laptop

The man hung the laptop on his bar wall like a hunting trophy, police said
An American man may face charges after he apparently shot his laptop computer in frustration after it kept crashing.
George Doughty a 48-year-old from Lafayette, Colorado, was working in an office when he walked next door into the bar he owned and announced to patrons that he was going to shoot his laptop computer, local newspapers said.

Mr Doughty then reportedly warned customers to cover their ears, before shooting the laptop four times.

He later hung the hapless computer on his bar wall in the style of a hunting trophy, police said.

'It seemed appropriate'

Local police said that the only similar case they had seen before involved a computer shot with a rifle by a man whose wife had claimed it in a divorce settlement.

"It's sort of funny, because everybody always threatens their computers," police officer from the Lafayette police department Rick Bashor told local newspapers.

"[But] it's the first time someone shot a computer because he was upset with it."

Police added that because Mr Doughty put customers and the bartender in danger, he was arrested on suspicion of felony menacing, reckless endangerment and prohibited use of weapons, before being released to appear in court on a later date.

Mr Doughty admitted in police reports that he should not have shot his laptop, but said that at the time it had seemed appropriate.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have never done anything so wreckless or stupid with a firearm... but can certainly understand the temptation to do so!

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
if you've ever watched Southpark the movie, I recommend so highly, as it has a great part in it with Win98 and Bill Gates, really darn funny.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
i regularly do stupid things like this, not with firearms though. usualy it has to do with cds that keep skipping so they get thrown out the window at 80mph. one time i did shoot my fishing pole when it wouldn't catch any fish, damn thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If you'd like to have some more reasons to shoot your PC (or at least shoot Bill Gates), try looking at:
www....#microsoft.com/

Okay, now before this post gets edited/deleted or I get banned, let me point out that the link *is* a valid URL & it *is* the name of the website itself...Admins/Mods, please don't stoop to merely "killing the messenger" here...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I understand him ! He deserve a medal !

I have one laptop with XP Pro, and really, I HATE IT !
I can't remove XP and install another OS version, or my HP guarantee will fly away !!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day, I think that I'll shoot an Hewlett-Packard employee.
BANG BANG BANG !

And MidnightDStroyer, many thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Why is this infantile new members simply posting verbatium news without comment?

In any event, the dude should have bought a Macintosh. 'nuff said.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
damn, I wonder what the heck this guy was smoking before he shot the comp. Man, XP may suck, but I'd never harm a poor, innocent, defenseless.... OK, maybe I would, but still..... he's a Californian, he's s'posed to have some repsect for technology.

Signing out,
HLW

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
One of the things you got to love about anti microsoft websites is their very own line of merchandise

Too bad i dont drink tea, otherwise i would have bought it.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Linux or Mac os x, as it is Linux based anyway!!

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Those of us who work with computers all the time can simpatize with the guy. I've had the urge to destroy many of my computers through the years.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Don't let a geek found in the outside world fool you with his unassuming manner...If you encounter him in his den, be prepared to confront his violent way of smashing circuitboards up against a convienient wall or dumping his data CD's into a blender.
...Or in this case, shooting his PC...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
my boyfriend and his friends went to the middle of the woods and shot a couple of old computers. to death.

crazy fools these days..

new topics

top topics

join