It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ap reports stoppage of leak...Now i can't find that story. Anyone confirm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I woke this morning to my phone chiming in on breaking news from the AP. It said that "Top Kill" had stopped the leak...anyone else see this...? I know the CT is reporting his I am just confused to as why i can not find it on the AP site or why they removed it?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Got the same news here, only from a Dutch Source
Can anyone confirm this with an English source??

regards,

[edit on 27-5-2010 by ThraexX]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

After five weeks of unrelenting bad news from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf, neither BP nor the Coast Guard command is likely to announce that they’ve at last stopped the gusher until they’re absolutely, positively, hands-down sure. This morning, they’re falling over themselves to deny a Los Angeles Times report that U.S. Coast Guard commander Thad Allen declared that the top-kill effort to plug the leak has succeeded.

“Engineers have stopped the flow of oil and gas,” said an article on latimes.com. Nuh-uh answered the Coast Guard. “At the moment we can’t confirm or deny anything,” a spokeswoman said.

Source

Not confirmed, but here is as close as you can find, and in English

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here you go: I would be remiss if I didn't mention there are at least two other threads on 'Top Kill' alone already in progress...

"The top kill procedure is going as planned, and it is moving along as everyone had hoped," said U.S. Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, who is leading the government's response to the oil spill.

But whether mud is able to defeat oil won't be known until later Thursday.

They are saying that at this point they are optimistic, however they are not going to give their official results as to whether or not it in fact stopped the leak altogether until tonight. [Thursday night]

Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
ok so i am confused atm... Obama live on FOX shows the live bp feed and the lower right hand corner and its gushing but it says its live but if ya look on line its not what is on TV...???...

Now its gone and i cant get the BP online to load. (edit)

[edit on 27-5-2010 by BlastedCaddy]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
ok so i am confused atm... Obama live on FOX shows the live bp feed and the lower right hand corner and its gushing but it says its live but if ya look on line its not what is on TV...???...

Now its gone and i cant get the BP online to load. (edit)

[edit on 27-5-2010 by BlastedCaddy]

Gushing …. Oil/Mud is more gravitating to the audience than a video feed of an ROV inspecting BOP valves.

The data stream is choppy, and it causes the player to freeze. Just hit refresh, and it should help

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thed Allen's statement is all over russian MSM now. BP has not confirmed anything yet though.

top topics

join