It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Has Been called Into Middle Tennessee

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

that post and this thread's original post read almost the same

Just wanted to point out that the linked post was posted about 40 minutes after melissa101's. Those guys over there are notorious for "borrowing" OP's from here ... a small but important point in regards to fairness to melissa.

Cheers.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm going into my third month with Stahp infection. I'm learning a few things along the way.

Don't use hydrogen peroxide. It dries the skin out. Your skin is trying heal itself and your are drying it out, making it flaky and it will inevitably fall or be pulled from the skin.

After your first course of Bactroban...Stop it, your skin needs to scab over. Continued usage of antibacterial cream will prevent you from healing.

Washing your face with plain water and soap is your best medicine. Benedine would be best once and while, but it is expensive. A light moisturi
sure once a day. Again, "you want those scabs to stay on the infected area for protection". Except in the case of a boil, I believe pushing a boil out is a good thing, correct me if I am wrong, please.

I'm starting to heal after using these extremely simple techniques.

Still not sure how to handle the pain, nothing really works so far. hydro's kill my headache and that's about it. Oh, by the way, its on my face, neck and now my elbows. I'm so uncomfortable. Sleep is hard to get.

Kid's are so hard to handle and they listen to no one. Just make them wash several times a day. Clean your pillow cases and sheets daily. Cleaning is a priority. Bathrooms, kitchen and doorknobs especially (don't forget the phone and your pets).

Can't afford the honey, cause I ain't got the money. Really unsure of alternative therapies and often question their validity. But if it works for you.......

Good luck to everyone suffering or taking care of someone like me.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
I am an hour east of Nashville. I saw on the news yesterday about a school closing in middle TN that had 100 sick kids all with the same antibiotic resistant virus. It was on the channel 4 news at noon. But that was all they said. I watched for it today and have heard nothing else about it. It was very alarming.

Antibiotic resistant virus? Well duh, it's a virus, not a bacteria.

Did another google search this morning.

www.google.com...:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

www.wkrn.com...

WKRN reports no schools are closed at this time. Called the Bus Driver I know and she said the same thing.

Still nothing, just news about an e-coli outbreak. E. coli can be difficult for people to diagnose at times as it overlaps with different illnesses symptomatically.

Channel 4 has no such listing either.

www.wsmv.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have a few friends employed by the CDC. There is no more MRSA activity than normal in Middle TE. There is no 100% MRSA strain of bacteria being investigated there.

The hospital may have some kids with resistant MRSA but it's not outside the norm.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Large doses of Ionic or EIS Silver will kill the MRSA infections. Organisms cannot build up a resistance to silver. It will also make ineffective drugs work again.

Of course most don't know about it as it isn't good for drug business.

colloidalsilversecrets.blogspot.com...

www.silverpuppy.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Doctor Smith

Are you an actual doctor, or are you just portraying one on ATS?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Antibiotic resistant virus? Well duh, it's a virus, not a bacteria.

Your statement is very confusing antonia. MRSA is a bacterial infection not a virus.

Also E-coli is fairly simple to diagnose with lab tests. Black and White.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by piddles

that post and this thread's original post read almost the same

Just wanted to point out that the linked post was posted about 40 minutes after melissa101's. Those guys over there are notorious for "borrowing" OP's from here ... a small but important point in regards to fairness to melissa.

Cheers.

I really don't see the issue here though...can the OP not be part of both communities? I know there is a little grudge match thing going between ATS and GLP...but who care really. Why shouldn't she be able to go to both boards and post the same thing???

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
S&F OP

Please keep us posted of any new news you may receive from your friend
CDC usually makes a statement when things are too late ....... for the unfortunate affected people and make the cases seem very isolated and insignificant , not so insignificant if you or a loved one is affected !!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by antonia

Your statement is very confusing antonia. MRSA is a bacterial infection not a virus.

I was responding the previous poster. You might want to reread what he said. I was not saying MRSA is a virus.

Also E-coli is fairly simple to diagnose with lab tests. Black and White.

Thanks,
Pax

Yes, with lab tests but not necessarily a cursory examination. These kids might have all had e-coli, or they might have had nothing at all and this is just some rumor.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I really don't see the issue here though...can the OP not be part of both communities? I know there is a little grudge match thing going between ATS and GLP...but who care really. Why shouldn't she be able to go to both boards and post the same thing???

Of course it isn't a problem for members to be part of both communities. But since the OP stated on the second page:

Originally posted by Melissa101
reply to post by piddles

That is weird I got this info first hand from an RN. I have not checked the link but it is the same story? Interesting.

... I am taking her at her word and deducing that she in fact is not the same member posting on both boards.

Like I mentioned. it's not a major deal nor do I wish to derail this thread further ... I just wanted to note for the record that according to recorded datestamps, she could not have plagiarized the OP.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I wonder if they have considered the use of thyme. Anyhow, I thought I'd share this in case anyone has not seen the news about how thyme can combat resistant strains.

Scientists have found that the common cooking herb, thyme, could be a miracle cure for the deadly MRSA bug. Researchers at the University of Brighton, East Sussex, discovered that oils extracted from the plant can kill the bug - linked to at least 8,000 deaths each year - within two hours.

Source Link:
Common herb thyme 'could stop spread of MRSA'

Also

Oregano, Other Essential Oils Destroy Strep Pneumonia Cells Researchers have found that some essential oils, oregano, thyme and rosewood oils, in particular, create an autolytic reaction in organisms, including Streptococcus pneumonia. Dr. Diane Horne of Weber State University in Ogden, Utah, told the 98th general assembly of the American Society of Microbiology about the serendipitous discovery of the impact of the oils on cells such as Streptococcus pneumonia.

Source Link:

Laboratory Test Results Using Young Living Essential Oils For MRSA, E-coli, and Acinetobacter Bacteria

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
may gods hand heal the children so they may stop hurting and may the kids be able to walk,talk,and sleep in there own houses again

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Akuryotaisan16

please refer to my post again where i have prev edited it to include gyms and the like...thank you for the clarification though

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wait a second, did we ever find out why the OPs original post is repeated almost exactly word for word here:

www.godlikeproductions.com...

and by someone claiming to live in CANADA ??

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

ha ha ha....maybe she was just regurgitating info, if thats the case pretty poor if this was just a copy paste job, congrats for catching that...i guess its hard for some people to have original ideas

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Oddly enough, they are warning of this type of infection can be gotten at the beach too....also it seems to be comming north more and more...
the TV had a warning about it the other day for Wash. beaches
I can vouch for this quote.

I picked up CA-MRSA while vacationing on the Outer Banks in North Carolina, in July of 2008.
I was bitten by a mosquito on my right index finger on our last day at the beach. Within 5 days, after treatment with Bactrin and Augmentin, I was hospitalized. My entire arm was swollen up to my armpit. I had red streaks going up my arm to my chest.
A hand surgeon did emergency surgery to clean dead tissue out of the infected area. The surgeon told me afterwards that if I had waited another hour before coming to the hospital, I would have probably lost my hand.
As it was, I did suffer damage to the tendons in my hand. I had to have a pick line installed to deliver Vancomycin into my aorta for 4 weeks.

I have heard of strains of MRSA that are completely resistant to antibiotics. Usually it has been seen in a hospital environment, so far.

ETA: None of my family members in my household(wife and 3 children) were infected. I had nasal swab testing for MRSA while in the hospital and tested positive. I have been tested since and now I am negative(yay!).

[edit on 25-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Like I mentioned. it's not a major deal nor do I wish to derail this thread further ... I just wanted to note for the record that according to recorded datestamps, she could not have plagiarized the OP.

Gotcha

Didn't make that connection...I see where you were coming from now.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
reply to post by piddles

Yep, sure did which is why I decided to post it here. To bring to the OP's attention. No citations were given on GodLikeProductions in reference to this thread.
Just posted over there and it seems you can't post ATS links in their posts, they have it blocked!
www.godlikeproductions.com...

they are constantly plagiarizing info from here...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When you say pain medication isn't working do you mean morphine, or Tylenols?

I hope everything turns out alright. Thanks for reporting on this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join