It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guest Blogger: John Lasker ‘The UFO invasion of October 1973′

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90aea3cb8b8b.jpg[/atsimg]
www.ghosttheory.com...

The following excerpt is from “TECHNOIR: 13 Investigations from the Darkside of Technology, the US Military and UFOs” a new book by independent journalist John Lasker. The UFO invasion of October 1973 UFOs over graveyards...go together like Jack-O- Lanterns and Halloween “The unusual aerial events happening during the October 1973 time-period remains one of the most fascinating of all UFO happenings, an intense and disturbing siege that no dismissive hypothesis or explanatory venture will easily rob of its strangeness,” stated Kenny Young, a reknowned UFO investigator who passed in 2005 due to complications from luekemia. Written by John Lasker It was just days away now. Halloween, 1973. Hundreds-of-thousands of kids were preparing to hit the streets trick-or-treating on Halloween night, October 31st, 1973. But this year was different. Police and government officials across the American Midwest were on edge. It wasn‘t a serial killer or bag of poisoned candy they were sweating over. It was those strange lights in the night skies. Too many to count. Call after call kept coming in. People scared to death; some even saying they saw “humanoids” out in a field. Heck, a US Army helicopter over Ohio had been zapped in mid-air with a green beam just days ago. Those damn UFOS, some must have been thinking…What did they want? Indeed, even the Governor of Ohio, John J. Gilligan, had a close call with what he said was an amber-colored “vertical beam of light”. He had no choice but to tell America during an emotional press conference the UFO threat is real. “I saw one (UFO) the other night, so help me. I‘m absolutely serious. I saw this.”

This looks Like a interesting book and even the parts printed here are very cool IMO)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
What a very interesting excerpt, if the book is this interesting throughout, I may have to take a look. I wonder if there's video of his emotional press conference. It was in the 70s, so probably not, but it'd be interesting viewing.

I've starred and flagged your thread as I learn what the hell those mean.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90aea3cb8b8b.jpg[/atsimg]

Heck, a US Army helicopter over Ohio had been zapped in mid-air with a green beam just days ago.

Bluemooone2, Kenny Young was a well respected chap in UFO research and there's a great thread here about the incident mentioned in the OP - the pilot of the helicopter also makes some extremely interesting comments below:

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
"It was just days away now. Halloween, 1973. Hundreds-of-thousands of kids were preparing to hit the streets trick-or-treating on Halloween night, October 31st, 1973. But this year was different. Police and government officials across the American Midwest were on edge. It wasn‘t a serial killer or bag of poisoned candy they were sweating over. It was those strange lights in the night skies. Too many to count. Call after call kept coming in. People scared to death; some even saying they saw “humanoids” out in a field".

Bluemooone, I think this may be the humanoid encounter the author is referring to but there does seem to be quite a lot of reports from that area in October, 1973:

Location. Goshen Ohio
Date: October 19 1973
Time: evening
As a farmer was walking his dogs in a field, they began to balk and bark. Further ahead he saw a landed, round UFO, 40-5 feet in diameter, with white and blue lights around it. From the object's illumination, he could see a ladder and two beings standing beside it. They were human like, about 6-foot tall. When they saw the witness and his dogs, they got into the UFO, which rose slowly with a low humming noise and then took off at high speed.

Humcat 1973-50
Source: Webb in 1973 Year of The Humanoids
Type: B

1973 HUMANOID REPORTS

There was also this quite freaky incident from Pascagoula around the same time:

Link

Cheers.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you karl 12 ) Very interesting videos there . The second one is just so cool. Its nice to hear someone that worked on project bluebook say he cant speak of some things because of the non disclosure papers they had to sign and the lifelong threat of imprisonment that was no joke at all , especially back then.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Bluemooone, no probs mate and those were some very interesting comments made by Dr Hynek -I also agree the threat of imprisonment would be no laughing matter and wonder just how much information has gone unreported over the years.

Have been looking more into the October 1973 period and there appears to be quite a high number of strange incidents (especialy from around the Ohio area) - here's a newspaper report involving police witnessing UFOs and there are many more incidents at the NICAP link.

Oct. 10, 1973; Near Dayton, OH

8:00 p.m. At least 15 sightings of unidentified flying objects "covered with red, green and blue lights" zooming about at tree-top level, were reported in Southwestern Ohio Wednesday night. The UFOs, sighted in the Dayton-Cincinnati area, were all classified "unofficial" by Wright-Patterson Air Force Base officials. None were detected on radar because they apparently were flying too low. The first sighting was reported shortly after 8 p.m. by a New Lebanon Township officer. "He didn't want to say he saw it, but he said it," Montgomery County Sheriff's deputy Michael Sullivan reported. "The officer said it was oblong and covered with lights. It appeared stationary in the sky about tree top level for several minutes until he tried to shine his cruiser spot light on it," Sullivan said. "It then zoomed toward him and then shot straight up in the air... after he turned out his light... and disappeared." Sullivan said the UFO sightings lasted from a fleeting moment to 12 minutes. "They would be behind the trees and come up and fly away... as if you startled it or something," he said. "No balloon, helicopter or kite can move that fast or has that many lights attached or can go so quickly in a straight-up direction," he said. A spokesman at Wright-Patterson, whose UFO center was discontinued several years ago, said there would be no attempt to investigate the sightings unless there was an "imminent danger." Sullivan said his officers 'certainly can't chase them."

UPI, The Columbus Dispatch, October 11, 1973

THE NICAP CHRONOLOGIES - 1973

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
More police UFO incidents from Ohio, October, 1973.

The Great UFO Wave: October, 1973

Greenfield, Ohio - Two police officers chased separate unidentified objects more than five miles last night. Patrolman Mike Conklin said the one he chased was about "100 feet in diameter and glowed with a bright white light. It had a red area on top of it, as if it was overheated, and made a dull humming sound that increased in frequency as the object increased in speed."

Conklin said he was able to drive his cruiser to within 100-feet of the object. "There were about 20 people out there looking at it at the time I was, so I know I'm not crazy," he added.

Sgt. Hugh Oyer said the object he chased also was white in color with a yellow glow at one end. "I never believed in UFOs until tonight," Oyer said.

"Some guy tried to tell me it was a star, but no star I've ever seen made a humming sound or jumped up and down or was so near the ground."

The Cincinnati Post, page 1 October 17, 1973

Link

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I can believe this, because the cattle mutilations always happen to start in the fall, and the classic alien cattle mutilations did indeed start in the year 1973!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Lots more information about the UFO wave of October 1973 at the link below:

"The increased sightings nationally could lead to a state of panic and hysteria and we ought to be concerned about it."

U.S. Rep. J. Edward Roush (D-Ind.)
Columbus Citizen Journal
Oct. 18, 1973

The Great UFO Wave: October,1973

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
October 11th police sighting confirmed on radar:

Switchboard lights up for UFO reports

Eaton (UPI): This UFO was documented by radar, police and hundreds of Delaware County citizens, but still no one identified it.

The object, blinking a red-white-blue revolving light and often hovering near the ground, was tracked for hours by Delaware County police officers who only explained it as "possibly a weather balloon."

Ball State University astronomy students said they sighted the object on a telescope, snapped pictures, but hadn't developed them late Tuesday night.

The military radar people at Baer Field at Fort Wayne said they picked up an unexplained blip on their screen. They dispatched a light plane which failed to locate the object. Airport communications personnel said they couldn't get the object to respond.

Calls from at least 700 citizens flooded law enforcement agency switchboards in Central Indiana. Delaware County police said they got calls from 15 different areas of the county.

No one had the explanation, but one officer said logically it was nothing more than a weather balloon on a mirage or a star - or something.

Link

More reports

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Didn't happen in October and it is a bit of a tenuous connection with very little extra information but did think this object reported in Hokkaido, Japan, 1973 looked quite similar to this one reported in New Hampshire four months later:

Sketch of a spherical UFO witnessed by Masaaki Kuduo over in Tomakomai in Hokkaido, Japan, July 1973..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/776ae098d8b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

New Hampshire four months later:

Goffstown, New Hampshire - November 2, 1973:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15423bcc7cef.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
News article about October 1973 UFO flap over northern Indiana describing UFO sighting by three police officers and a radio newsman:

“Indiana UFO Sightings Stir Questions Among Residents”, 16 October 1973

“In west central Indiana, another UFO was reported by a state policeman, the Linton town marshal and a number of townspeople.

Most of the reports said the UFO was moving above Indiana 50 near Linton, west toward nearby Crane Naval Ammunition Depot. One woman described the object as ‘big as two rooms, triangular and with multi-colored lights that changed as it turned.’ ”

Newspaper Article

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
CBS News report about the UFO sightings - October 17th 1973:

Video Link

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hi,

Any other cases VERY similar to the Pascagoula one?

About the same thing happened to me and 2 friends in the Canary Islands when we were kids, possibly around the same year, and I had never found the description of the "robotic-no-neck-no-eyes-wrinkled" (it seemed a "leather-ish" suit and helmet to me) alien guys, just your usual big-eyed "little green men", which weren't the ones that we saw, so I had it dismissed as "a weird shared dream" or something like that, but the description of this happening matches too much my recollection of the event, so l'd like to find out first-hand cases similar to this, if anyone has links handy. Thanks.

I'll appreciate it, it has bugged me all my life to know if what we think we saw could've been real, and perhaps other "credible" identical events around the world could help me better decide.

(I mean, we were 7-8 yo children '#ting-in-our-pants', but what are the chances all 3 of us dreamed the same thing the same night and then something very similar happens around the same time so far away in the USA)?

new topics

top topics

join