It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blink and you'll miss it: Shuttle Atlantis and Space Station pass in front of the Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Blink and you'll miss it: Shuttle Atlantis and Space Station pass in front of the Sun

www.dailymail.co.uk

Against the awesome backdrop of the sun, they are at first little more than specks.

Look a little closer, however, and you can make out the outline of solar panels, and next to it a dart-shaped silhouette.

This extraordinary image shows the Space Shuttle Atlantis docking with the International Space Station in front of the sun.

It was taken by astro-photographer Thierry Legault who, had he blinked at the crucial moment, would have missed it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Pretty amazing, he made a special trip to be in the right place at the right time and it paid off. You can even see the solar panels on the space station.

His camera equipment is awesome and the filters make the sun look like a pool ball.

There's a couple of pictures that show Earth in the background, it looks so nice and clean from up there..sigh

The photographer reminds me of someone, can't recall who though...hmmmm

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah, Theirry has taken some great shots over the years and his equipment is awesome.

You should check out his website.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

That was just awesome .

Great pics . Seeing the ISS and shuttle in front of the sun like that , made me set here and marvel at what determined and persistant little creatures that we really are .

Thank you for posting this .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thank you Chadwickus, I'm kind of new to a lot of subjects on here. I'm finding that the things in space are very fascinating and beautiful. But no image moves me as much as pictures of Earth with its varying whirls of clouds...there's no place like home

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

You are most welcome okbmd. I had pretty much the same reaction when I found it. It's simply amazing.

I found this site too thanks to Chadwickus, it has some really cool images.

www.axilone.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

Thanks for posting this, those are great pictures !

He does have some awesome photography equiptment.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yes, his equipment makes my digital camera look like a child's toy. That's why he gets such great pictures and I get OK ones. But mine fits in my pocket and I'd have to hire help to carry all the stuff he's got

new topics

top topics

join