It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Air Defense System Deployed to "Defend Syria, Iran against Israel Raids"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Turkish Air Defense System Deployed to "Defend Syria, Iran against Israel Raids"

www.aljazeera.com

High-ranking sources in the Israeli Foreign Ministry expressed displeasure with Turkey over deploying anti-aircraft batteries along the Syrian border in the Iskenderun district.

The Turkish daily Hurriyet meanwhile, quoted a military source as saying that “this move aims at repelling a US or Israeli attack against Iran or Syria.”

The Israeli Foreign Ministry sources noted that if the news published in the Turkish media were true, then Ankara would be taking a side with Damascus and Tehran, instead of preventing the nuclearization of Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sott.net
www.politicaltheatrics .net
www.afcea.org
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Turkey hopes to buy S-400 air defense systems from Russia

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, it looks like Turkey is making it pretty clear that they will side with Iran and not the West if war erupts in Persia. This would also make it that much harder for Israeli warplanes to strike targets inside Iran. The question is, will these air defenses be used to protect Iran or Syria in the event of an Israeli strike, regardless of whether Turkish airspace is used? I guess time will only tell. It is my opinion that Israel will eventually strike Iran, unless Iran gives up on it's nuclear program, which is unlikely. How will this affect the West's seemingly tolerant relationship with Turkey?

I have heard time and time again that Turkey is very well seated with the NWO, or at least with the US because it is suspected that at least some of the CIA sponsored opium leaving Afghanistan, is being processed into heroin via Turkey, with Turkey's acknowledgement. If Turkey is protecting Iran and Syria from any attack regardless of whether the attack comes over Turkish airspace, then how does it fit in with the known cooperation with TPTB?

I guess time will tell if Turkey is really protecting either Iran or Syria, or if Turkey is merely protecting its own airspace from being used to attack either country.

--airspoon

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If Turkey is going to protect Syria or Iran AGAINST a possible US attack, isn't that going to throw the whole NATO alliance into disarray?

Will it mean Turkey getting thrown out of NATO? ... and what happens to all the US personnel stationed in Turkish bases (like Incirlik)... what happens to all the US hardware in all those bases? How do they square having US military stationed in Turkey with helping Syria or Iran down US missiles or planes?

Hmm... Interesting times we live in

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

If this is true the rift between Turkey and America is indeed larger then the Grand Canyon. But it makes that whole Gog Magog thing make a little bit more sense.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I dunno

I'll consider the source. Aljazeera talking about what an Israeli said that describes putting a NATO member against the US and Israel. My BS meter just went red.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Remember, that TPTB have to play BOTH sides of the fence to get the conflict going and to keep th epublic in the dark, it's that simple. So this is no suprise and no worry, everything going as planned.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
If Turkey is going to protect Syria or Iran AGAINST a possible US attack, isn't that going to throw the whole NATO alliance into disarray?

Will it mean Turkey getting thrown out of NATO? ... and what happens to all the US personnel stationed in Turkish bases (like Incirlik)... what happens to all the US hardware in all those bases? How do they square having US military stationed in Turkey with helping Syria or Iran down US missiles or planes?

Hmm... Interesting times we live in

If this is true i hope they get thrown out and a stop to all western military hardware to his country, and more important the removal of any NATO nuclear weapons if they have them..Needless to say the EU door is closed for good.
But this is not good, Turkey had one of the biggest standing armies of NATO and was an important buffer, i don;t think Greece can replace that function at the moment.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

this good, hopefully if Israel decides to attack and this is infact true
maybe we can see some israeli planes being shot down.

since this is defencive and not offenceive its even better.

also considering most people want out of the EU,
before the current events and now after whats being happening, Turkey should be counting their lucky stars that they havent been accepted.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

My thoughts exactly and an argument that I have been reading of and making for a while now. I suggest we read Ezekiel 38-39 again and look at the fluid political and military situation in the Middle East.

It's funny how we can't see and predict the alliances and circumstances of the MidEast from week to week, yet Ezekiel wrote a compelling prophecy more than 2500 years ago, that as it turns out is pretty accurate... and by the Grace of God, grows more accurate everyday.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

before the current events and now after whats being happening, Turkey should be counting their lucky stars that they havent been accepted.

So you think its good Israeli planers being shot down.You give me the impression you where one of the guys in Palestine who cheered and danced when the twin towers went down, yes those are the people you support with your posts. And nobody is going out of the EU but its bad Turkey is going this way and might radicalize, on the otherhand how can we trust these Turks we thought so many hundred years with.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
So you think its good Israeli planers being shot down.You give me the impression you where one of the guys in Palestine who cheered and danced when the twin towers went down, yes those are the people you support with your posts. And nobody is going out of the EU but its bad Turkey is going this way and might radicalize, on the otherhand how can we trust these Turks we thought so many hundred years with.

you know thats the most retarded thing you can say,
considering that i said its good thing that israeli planes would be shot down in a defence and not in offence,

what the hell does that have to do with the 9/11 terrorist attack

you sound like someone that supports the reckless air raids by israel who most likely doesnt give a toot about the civilians that those airstrikes kill or the civilian infrontstructure israel targets when it launches air raids.

to compare my post to supporting 9/11, you have some balls and nerves.

nobody is going out the EU, but ask most us brits and people in other EU countries and you will see we didnt support the EU or the referendems which takes more power from us and gives it to the EU. also the latest news on the EU being pissed off at the english when it comes to the bail out money should give you some idea.

so get a life or think twice before coming in with your radical views.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Yes, your right although Israel is not a part of NATO and I believe that the attack, if... or when it happens, will be by Israel. As long as the US isn't caught directly involved in the attack, I imagine that Turkey won't have to break from NATO or even go against NATO in any oficial manner.

--airspoon

[edit on 14-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Now see, this is why people have problems with religion. "By the Grace of God, grows more accurate every day?" Either that's a horrible thing to say, or God's grace is more of a curse than anything else. Only a demented psychopath would say that the Middle East moving closer and closer to more wars, more suffering, more terrorism, and more DEATH is the "Grace" of "God."

This situation really boils down to religions fighting against each other for land, wealth, and power. Remove religion from the equation and you have a few rich people from each side, screaming and shouting but completely unable to rally the people to their cause without their favorite catalyst, the "grace" of their "gods."

When these prophecies appear to be coming true, you can bet your butt that it's because rich people who pull strings are causing them to come true in order to rally more religiously prone sheep to their side.

As for Turkey, they've been a two faced cheat for some time now. If they're truly supporting Syria and Iran, then maybe its time NATO told them to go take a hike and form a new alliance with their sandy little friends instead. If they're providing their own technology to our enemies, why on earth would we believe that they aren't hand OUR technology to our enemies?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
GO TURKEY!!

the summer war is unavoidable. by the end of next month i think we'll have 2 strong sides ready to fight a war that will after a few months escalate into a world war...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
As for Turkey, they've been a two faced cheat for some time now. If they're truly supporting Syria and Iran, then maybe its time NATO told them to go take a hike and form a new alliance with their sandy little friends instead. If they're providing their own technology to our enemies, why on earth would we believe that they aren't hand OUR technology to our enemies?

Israel already does that, and Obama just agreed to a 200+ million missile shield for the country, want to bet any money that some of that will somehow get into the hands of China and then sent down to Iran?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

you know thats the most retarded thing you can say,
considering that i said its good thing that israeli planes would be shot down in a defence and not in offence,

what the hell does that have to do with the 9/11 terrorist attack

you sound like someone that supports the reckless air raids by israel who most likely doesnt give a toot about the civilians that those airstrikes kill or the civilian infrontstructure israel targets when it launches air raids.

to compare my post to supporting 9/11, you have some balls and nerves.

nobody is going out the EU, but ask most us brits and people in other EU countries and you will see we didnt support the EU or the referendems which takes more power from us and gives it to the EU. also the latest news on the EU being pissed off at the english when it comes to the bail out money should give you some idea.

so get a life or think twice before coming in with your radical views.

I see most of your post about bashing Israel and defending the Palestinians, the people who cheered about 9/11, does that make u proud defending those people?People who willingly blow themselves up to kill as many innocent civilians, you have no idea what your talking about. Probably you dont have any relatives living there [and lived there] being killed by terrorist in a bus..And no i dont see those banksters of the City of London being solidary with the EU.There just in it for free trade and easy money, we don't expect much from them but to be a petdog of the US.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I see most of your post about bashing Israel and defending the Palestinians, the people who cheered about 9/11, does that make u proud defending those people?

They DID NOT.

It was debunked. It was old pictures and video from other celebrations.

And who cares anyway, 911 was an inside job.

And it wasn't seen as ``the murder of innocent civilians`` it was seen as ``a blow against the evil empire``.

After all, the US government has done many evil things in the last 50 years.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I dunno

I'll consider the source. Aljazeera talking about what an Israeli said that describes putting a NATO member against the US and Israel. My BS meter just went red.

Well, I would have reservations too if this was only coming from Al Jazeera (though I find them more credible than CNN, FOX News, MSM and the rest of the Western MSM), but it is coming from other sources as well.

reply to post by daddio

I agree that TPTB have to play both sides of the fence but it is my understanding that they want Iran's current government to go down the drain, badly. This can't help efforts in that arena at all...

reply to post by Foppezao

If this is true i hope they get thrown out and a stop to all western military hardware to his country, and more important the removal of any NATO nuclear weapons if they have them..Needless to say the EU door is closed for good.
But this is not good, Turkey had one of the biggest standing armies of NATO and was an important buffer, i don;t think Greece can replace that function at the moment.

Why would you have a problem with a country's defensive measures? Don't these countries that we target have a right to defend themselves? In then end, defensive measures such as this would only help to save innocent lives. Do you somehow think that Turkey or even Iran is more dangerous and/or aggressive than Israel?

Oh and the US does have an estimated 94 nuclear bombs in Turkey as part of the NATO mission in that country. Why would we want to remove an important strategic strike capability, simply for preventing Israel, a non-NATO nation from aggressively attacking someone?

I kind of agree with him, though I would never want to see anyone's planes shot down for no good reason. If Israel strikes Iran, I would want to see those planes shot down.

I feel this way and I wasn't "one of the guys in Palestine who cheered and danced when the twin towers went down". In fact, I was a US paratrooper when the twin towers went down and I was part of the first boots to touch down in Afghanistan in response to 9/11. It really has nothing to do with "dancing Palestinians. If you want to go that route, Israeli Mossad agents were arrested on the GW Bridge in between NYC and New Jersey, after being seen dancing, cheering and taking pictures of the twin towers going down. I, myself don't support those Palestinians or Israelis who were cheering at innocent lives being lost on 9/11 by my posts do support the thousands of innocent Palestinian women and children who fall victim to Israeli terror on an almost daily basis.

You seem to only think of a few people strategically captured on video cheering at something but ignore the behaviors 10 times times worse perpetrated by our own allies. It is even easily arguable that the Israelis played a part of those "twin towers going down", as you put it.

As far as Turkey radicalizing, I think that Israel is the only radical nation in this equation.

--airspoon

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I see most of your post about bashing Israel and defending the Palestinians, the people who cheered about 9/11, does that make u proud defending those people?

They DID NOT.

It was debunked. It was old pictures and video from other celebrations.

And who cares anyway, 911 was an inside job.

Really ? debunked, dude we had palestinians and marrocans over here in Urk who even cheered about it, so the images on that day were fake?.And sure 9/11 was totally inside job?, what rock are you living under?
I am goign out for a beer, you people have fun defending those orcs from middle earth with all the ignorant conspiracies you live in...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I see most of your post about bashing Israel and defending the Palestinians, the people who cheered about 9/11, does that make u proud defending those people?People who willingly blow themselves up to kill as many innocent civilians, you have no idea what your talking about. Probably you dont have any relatives living there being killed by terrorist in a bus..And no i dont see those banksters of the City of London being solidary with the EU.There just in it for free trade and easy money, we don't expect much from them but to be a petdog of the US.

wow again with the 9/11, i couldnt give a hoot about the morons who cheer at the deaths of others, you have nut cases on both sides. you have israelis who cheer the deaths of palestinians, you even have natural born US people that praise the attacks, westbrough baptists.

so get a life on the 9/11 BS.

whats it with you people coming in with "does that make u proud defending those people?" so much crap, where am i defending terrorist attacks, point it out.

or is saying that if Israel decide to launch one of their next air campaigns again against another country, that the country on the receieving end has every right to defend its self?

how about this
does it make you feel good supporting unilatral airstrikes in densly populated civilian areas, attacking Civilian infronstructure? well how proud are you of the civilain deaths. since i am a terrorist supporting person for saying Israels neigbours have a right to defend them selves against Israeli air strikes, what does that make you? since you must advocate the airstrikes of Israels?

well what does it make you?

also the EU is a farce and the only thing you argue is free trade?

also if you read most my posts

i mostly advocate nuking both countries and my second best let them slaughter each other and those that decide to get envolved.

but yeah i will mostly side with the palestinians, if you have issues with that,
good for you as i couldnt give a toss

now feel free to come back in with your 9/11 crap and so on.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by illusive man]

<<   2 >>

join