It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens hijacked Voyager 2 spacecraft

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Need more information

What do they mean by an unknown "format"?

If it was an unknown language or dialect wouldn't they say just that?

What do they mean by format? Do they mean they don't recognize the file extension? Do they mean that the data uses some unknown encryption code? Do they mean the audio, if it is an audio file, plays on a different wavelenght? Do they mean the audio is another format as you need it to emit vibration in order to hear/feel it?
Another form of morse code?

What an incredibly vague statement to use, an unknown "format"

Err, I think you'll find that they are recieving RAW data from Voyager. it's not a PC, it doesn't package the data up into nice little files to make it nice and user friendly for the end user.

There are probably no file extensions. The bit flip explanation does work for me. If it is RAW data being recieved, then if you switch one single bit of data, then all you would recieve would be unintelligable garbage data, which the translation software here on Earth wouldn't be able to recognise. A bit can easily be flipped after 30 years continuous use in deep space, constantly being bombarded with EM fields etc.

As for sound; why would there be any sound? It's space, there is no sound...

[edit on 13-5-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

The data on the back of the disk is written in pure mathmatics, the only true universal language. If any alien finding it cannot figure this out, then it's probably not worth us knowing them.

As for the audio side, again, I'm pretty sure they could figure it out, but if not, it doesn't really matter as long as they can translate the data.

See below for explanation.

Voyager Decription

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I just have one question.

If this space craft is apparently 10 billion miles away from earth, how in the world did it get enough fuel for that?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

If this space craft is apparently 10 billion miles away from earth, how in the world did it get enough fuel for that?

Do you know my girlfriend??

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Well THAT'S what THEY don't want you to know my friend! Just kidding... there's no (or very little) friction in space so it just keeps travelling pretty much on its own...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
alies hyjacking one of satilites is like the owner of GM rolling into someones driveway and jacking their 89 Chevy Citation!

Why bother with some obsolete piece of commo gear....me thinks some puter wizard hyjacked the bands or freq's or whatever from earth!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Omg! here we go again, old news! Media heres about it and puts a spin on the story to sell newspapers.

I can assure all the "believers" that there is a much more mundane explanation and its called "BIT ROT!"

BIT ROT

Please educate yourself before you jump on the band wagon.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Since Voyager was launched in 1977, a modern day IPod Touch should be
sophisticated enough to decipher what's coming back. All that's needed
is a 99cent app / WEP Key / and the correct frequency for signal
interception?

With NASA's shoestring budget for the Voyager, they're probably still using
the old 1970's hardware/software that was committed to this project.

-cwm

shoot they are still using the same old computer equipment from the 50's for the shuttle missions. JAXA has better equipment than NASA.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

What grade did you drop out of school?

it uses solar panels and light from the sun to power itself.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by prettygreeneyes26
It is possible that the transmissions have been scrambled by one of the interstellar shock waves that buffet the satellite far into deep space.

Voyager 1 is furthest away and isn't scrambled. What I find amazing is our ability to send and receive transmissions and commands in "real-time". How is that possible?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Also it used the gravity of saturn and jupiter to slingshot the voyagers so they could gain speed basically for free.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Awfully interesting I would love to see what they get out of that decoding. It would be funny if it was a message like "Lern2throw your garbage away" and by the time they figure it out suddenly voyager 2 lands in their back yard lolol

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ALlENATlON

Voyager 1 is furthest away and isn't scrambled. What I find amazing is our ability to send and receive transmissions and commands in "real-time". How is that possible?

Where in the world did you get that impression or knowledge? Do a simple google search, or even click a few of the links in this very thread. It takes a signal about 13 hours or so to reach it, in fact that is one of the frustrating things the engineers focus on in one of the articles posted in this thread.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is certainly interesting , and as they say there is no smoke without fire!

why even bother mentioning that there is a glitch in voyager , this is general info at best !

So there must be a reason why this was released , it must be some unknown raw data !

I think its quite funny that the only thing in voyager that will last longer than the computers is the gold record ! that piece of music will last forever really!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by sapien82]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I should have posted this thread when i saw it yersterday on National Geographic Website!!

I figured it had either been posted before or it wouldn't get as much response as it apparently has.... o well.... i miss out on all these flags and stars!!!

On Geo website it says similar... just that they do reckon it's corrupt data... possibly some rays have caused a malfunction in the discs!!!

What would you call that anyway? 2 people finding the same info on the same day? Just coincidence or something more to it like Telepathy?

[edit on 13-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Why would nasa release this article and not the data message that is in an unknown format.

This stuff is causing so much issues in nasa that they know it will get leaked anyway by people on the inside.

It could be a lie, i doubt it,but it is possible.

There is absolutely no reason to say hey we have a message we cant decode from space.Then not release the message.

The only logical reason is that they have received something of significance,They released the article to please some in nasa.Wile they buy time to develop a cover up story corroborated by there own scientists saying it was fart gas passing over the swamps of Uranus.

There is no reason what so ever to release this info to the public, and there is no agency requiring them to do so.

Either way you can assume you will never get the truth and if you did it would be spun into a conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don't know what is worse, the drip, drip, drip of disclosure or the drip drip drip of gonnorhea? This is another pathetic step to desensitize us.

Think of sliding a canoe on 2 foot thick ice in Alaska "just in case." Give me a break.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The recordings that were sent were greetings in 50 languages and plaque's with our visual appearance and such.
The reason i would think they are now only having it transmit basic statistics about it's health might be because NASA signals aren't coded in any way, and anyone with the right equipment can listen in on it.

Probably the craft has memory banks in some form, and the data is now most likely stored for future retrieval. The fact that they turned the transmission off implies more in the direction of hiding something, then wasting valuable data.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I blame Gary Mckinnon!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by baldybill

Originally posted by dragnet53

Also it used the gravity of saturn and jupiter to slingshot the voyagers so they could gain speed basically for free.

Not to mention momentum. Things just carry on going in a straight line in space (if you remove gravitational distortions from large bodies of course)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join