It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95% of People not from Australia or New Zealand, suck at Geography

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
also speaking of dimensional shifts... who remembers Nelson Mandela dying about 15 years ago. A whole bunch of people. I vaguely remembered him dying myself. Perhaps this was just a bad news report that got out, read and remembered by a % of the masses.... or was it another dimensional shift.

lets take a deeper look at the possibilities. suppose people do have timeline shifts due to time traveler interference or other reasons... perhaps they just jump dimensions for yet to be discovered mechanisms.
in any case as in the nelson mandela example above and perhaps even this new zealand/australia case there seems to be a relatively speaking, large subset of the population that believes in a different past than the past of the dimension we are in. this makes for some interesting questions...

1. why is it that a large part and not the whole population remember these altered aspects of the past?

2. could it be that the non local aspect of memory proven by remote viewers (mind outside and capable of knowing things regardless of space/time limitations) has any bearing in what is remembered and what isn't when the dimensional shift occurs.

3. could it be that there is no diminensional shift, but due to the non local aspect of mind that we are simply picking up on people from other dimensions thoughts about these things. take for example 9-11 and the global consciouness experiment.

Anyway this is all interesting but unprovable one way or the other, so i'll stop the self torture of pondering this stuff and move on to more arguable, provable topics on ATS

[edit on 10-5-2010 by insideNSA]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
OMFG!

Last time I checked the thread, Serbsta was the last comment. Now to my amazement insideNSA is the last comment. Did I just jump timelines or something? This doesn't make sense! Something crazy is going on!!!!!!!

I might start a thread on it because this is just too important to withold from the public.

IRM

[edit on 10/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
reply to post by zvezdar

Thanks for providing the most credible explanation for the geographic confusion we've seen with those old atlas pages

And I also saw a poster who thought he'd seen it being a date in the future :O IE 5th October 2010 but the simplest explanation for that is that most places outside the USA actually write the date as DMY, not MDY so 10/5/2010 is actually 10th May, not 5th October. That little anomaly is the source of an ongoing battle I have with Excel when importing time/date data in simple text form into spreadsheets (Excel seems to have a built in default preference for US formatted dates despite the regional settings). I've never even considered that my PC was set up in an alternate universe as the reason for it - just blame micro$oft (works for me). Some here might try to convince me it's caused by LHC experiments.

Interpreting very ordinary observations as being the result of fantastic events is, I suppose, what makes it the sort of topic you'd expect to see on ATS.

I saw the date October 5...I know the difference between usa and Europe, THANKS! WTH
The date I was walking right there was May 7, so also May 10 would have been wrong...
Missing comprehension? Sorry, I live in Europe, but I know the difference in dates writing, the order...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Whare is Australia again? I mean you got to give people credit, it's hard to spot Australia on a map all crowded in near Greenland like that!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I dismissed the original thread as nonsense.

However I went over some posts and now am willing to accept the possibility of alternate time line.

I know nothing of alternate time lines, or parallel universes (11).

Naturally humour and laughter is sometimes used to cover challenging moments, this could be the case here. if such a thing were true it really opens some serious questions about the universe as we know it far beyond government conspiracys and intelligence from other worlds. what's most concerning it is could all be happening again and again in different time lines.

I can imagine sitting here now, another ATS in another place with a thread 'New Zealand once located to the east of Australia, anyone remember?"

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Oh noes! The World is upside down!

Damn scientists and their LHC!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
reply to post by OzWeatherman

There's one other reason and its the one that actually got me stumped for a bit with this whole thing and its that every geography book I EVER saw at school (public) showed a zoomed in map of NZ in a rectangle box to the LEFT of Australia,

when I tried to visualize in my mind where I remembered NZ being on the map, I saw it as being to the west of Australia because of the little zoom in box on the old maps.

yes, thank you - this is what i meant by "bad maps".....the same thing for alaska and hawaii could happen with this NZ/AU thing.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Just by reading the thread title all I can say is 86% of statistics are made up.

See what I did there?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousAussie

starred good lateral thinking..I like the theory.

not a one line honest

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hey I know a bunch of people that think bottled water is healthier than tap water. Either:
1) They are mistaken
2) Their from another dimension that actually has bottled water healthier

I now see the light, they must be from another dimension. OMG all mistakes are just people coming in from other dimensions! Enlightenment for me YAY!

*not actually my belief

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Im not sure how many of you are familiar with continental drift and/or Pangae

Tthe Earth is growing. The sea floors are only 200-250 million years old, while the continents are in the billions.

the sea floor is expanding everyday.. you can see it on any map..

www.expanding-earth.org...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
All I can say is WOW! I cannot believe that people can honestly subscribe to this without checking themselves into Arkham Asylum! There are alot of memories I had from years ago, that I remember differently than the way things actually happened. I, being of a sound and rational mind, know that this has to do with my memory not being accurate about distant events. This does not mean that time has shifted all around me. It's interesting how some people would rather come up with elaborate theories to explain why they are right than just admit they remembered things wrong. That is called "arrogance".

P.S.- I am from America, and I think maybe overpopulation has too many people living under power lines, or maybe drinking water from lead pipes.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by smashing31]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BungleX

LMFAO.... Now that was funny.... I was at the bar last Friday.. I was wasted... When i woke up and saw what my "date" looked like.. I knew for sure there was a dimension somewhere that she was a solid 7.89567

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm with you on this. I did some Australian public school in the early 90s and then high school later that decade, and NZ has always been in the south east. Whomever had thought this up just needs to realize and accept that it was a silly and ridiculous lapse in memory.

It's not the first though, I had a friend when I was schooling in Canada who thought Australia was in the US...

...so let's move on eh?

EDIT: also, after thinking about it, don't agree with thread title, too vague and kinda derogatory.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by 3:05am]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I could have sworn trolling was against ATS terms and conditions.

Before you go calling out anyone on geography of any country how about actually providing some factual statistics, instead of making an accusatory title and thread?

I know for a fact that Canberra, not Sydney is the capital of Australia.

No, I did not look that up, I have been to Australia three times, never to Canberra, but to Sydney, Wagga Wagga, and Melbourne, Australia for various reasons.

No, this reply is in no way an attack, directly nor indirectly, OzWeatherman.

You and I know we have had our differences on the topic of H.A.A.R.P.

You state it's not a "weather" device and I deny the "weather factor" knowing it is a U.S. Government facility closely veiled under "civilian scientific" work.

Over all, I consider you a friend, but this thread is based upon what statistics, exactly?

I saw the one thread where someone actually naively suggested New Zealand had moved, and laughed rather hysterically at the suggestion myself.

While you're not necessarily picking on us "Yanks", I take umbrage with your assessed facts, meaning the statistical analysis where 95% of non-Aussie's or Kiwi's do not know where the principle locations of both countries is upon the map on your side of the Equator.

Another thing, while I'm at it, now that I think of it.

Are you referring to those people only on ATS, specifically, or off of ATS?

Or perhaps a mixture of both?

I have not read through this thread, nor will I, because it's not worth it.

Because, to me, a thread that verbally attacks non-political people, is useless.

You know, I have friends all over Oz, and love my mates, who consider me family.

Never have I suggested, that they are lesser than they are, whether they are, or are not, is beside the question, because I give them credance as fellow human beings, Aussie's or otherwise, because I both love and respect them.

So, with brotherly love, might I suggest you re-think your titles in the future?

While I am no way pissed off at you, the lack of respect for all "Yanks" and non-Aussie's and non-Kiwi's, in what sounds like but probably is not, of navigational moral superiority coming from you, makes you, being an Aussie, sound like an ass.

Mate, I say this, with all due respect, but your being a Moderator does not give you the right to use this type of behavior, towards anyone, and you know it.

People are people, and therefore are either apt to make mistakes, errors in judgment, and or generally suck at geography, based upon their educations.

I know all about Continental Drift, Pangea, as well as the Tectonic Plates.

I would never create a thread, suggesting anyone, American, Aussie, Kiwi, or otherwise was an idiot, suck at geography, and or are stupid in any way.

Before anyone suggests I am attacking a Moderator, I am not, over all I still respect OzWeatherman, as well as all of the Administration and Moderators.

Behavior, however, is something I suggest be modified for future reference.

My reasoning?

Quite simple actually.

Because of the rather divisive nature that is the world-at-large, we as ATS'ers, especially within the conspiracy theory genre, have a moral imperative.

Like I suggested within this thread :

Female posters incapable of original thought?

Quote from : SKL's reply to Jenna

Because, we as online citizens, in an online environment, often forget what we're delving into is already so obtuse to those we call sheeple, and therefore are not taken seriously, off line, if we are or are not is up for debate, we sometimes, sometimes, forget we need to definitively take each other seriously.

First.

Otherwise, the sexism is the least of our issues, as an online community.

Because we're already divided amongst ourselves.

Now, while that particular quote, is about sexism, in reply to a thread on unequal treatment on ATS, and in answer to Jenna, it is something I hold all members to.

The same can be said about inflammatory comments towards nationalies.

If we as ATS members are already divided amongst ourselves due to prejudicial thinking, how can we take ourselves seriously, let alone ever expect anyone who sees people like us, in the conspiracy theory genre to do so?

If I might suggest you to do so, OzWeatherman, use A.S.I.O?

Maybe the United Nations?

Or perhaps the Central Intelligence Agency website?

Because I've not seen fact and or statistic one to actually back up your claims.

To educate anyone, we as humans need to remember one thing, first.

Humility is a part of the lesson plan, or else the message falls upon deaf ears and blind eyes.

Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings.

Helen Keller, My Religion, 1927

[edit on 10-5-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

"Anyone that thinks that New Zealand and Australia have ever been in different places, are either not from this region, and have never visisted our great countries and, also need to seriously brush up on basic geography, and their knowledge of continentla drift and plate tectonics."

Is this not how every conspiracy gets made? People who have no idea how anything works jump on the internet, read a few wikipedia links and become an expert on the field.

Tin foilers from here make the rest of the conspiracy theorist look bad. When you deny everything being said they still go on and they are suppose to be open minded...lol

Every thread on 2012 makes me hate humanity that little bit more but still they get over 100 replies and 50 flags same goes for chemtrails...

Again 98% of the people posting here have very little clue to how the real world works. All feed each other like they are experts.

Armchair experts/Keyboard warriors.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Spartan King.....
There are SEVERAL people stating that they feel that the placement has changed. They are blaming in on time shifting and multi dimensional something or other.. He is on point.. These people seriously believe this. Scary part.... Just like a predator living in your neighbor hood.. These peopkle should have to register somewhere.. Imagine these people watching your babies!!!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Spartan King.....
There are SEVERAL people stating that they feel that the placement has changed. They are blaming in on time shifting and multi dimensional something or other.. He is on point.. These people seriously believe this. Scary part.... Just like a predator living in your neighbor hood.. These peopkle should have to register somewhere.. Imagine these people watching your babies!!!!

So, what you're essentially saying, is the Thought Police belong on ATS?

No-go private.

And considering OzWeatherman's thread about people and medication, and not telling people to stop taking it, this thread goes in the opposite direction of common sense towards treatment of the people you're claiming he is directing his thread towards, which is a behavioral bias.

What my original post, above is suggesting, is instead of a sidewinder attack, towards that thread and or content, the "alleged movement of New Zealand", that a stance of not using what sounds like moral superiority, but instead using a more prolific and ambiguous educational stance.

Do you know what a sidewinder is?

The Amazing Sidewinder

Do I find it troubling that anyone would actually think a country is moving, without providing evidence?

Sure.

Do I attack them through a thread suggesting moral superiority?

No.

Just as much as I find it disturbing someone would make a thread attacking anyone on ATS, for any reason whatsoever, but that's just who I am.

I do not attack people needlessly because on ATS I realize this is an international site.

As for your comment about predators, and registering, thinking differently is not a predatorial act, nor is it illegal, whether thinking incorrectly or not.

I am referring of course, to thinking of New Zealand having moved, just so you know.

Guess it all comes down to point of view and perspective now doesn't it?

Remember, here on ATS, we're supposed to be denying ignorance, correct?

Well, to deny ignorance, we first must not practice ignorance, in order to deny it.

Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, Oz, but this thread seems like a deliberate strawman attack. Do you prefer tilting at strawmen to tilting at windmills? I think both activities are equally futile.

I assume that you've read the threads to which you're responding and for whatever reason decided that the matter warranted a separate thread in addition to your responses there. But as many people have pointed out here, the claim made is not that New Zealand has moved, so none of your arguments in any way addresses the question. It seems that you are trying to set up an obviously false position (that New Zealand one day decided to raise anchor and sail its way around Australia) in order to smear a questionable hypothesis (that the consciousnesses of some people, mostly but not only from the Americas, have slipped from an alternate reality/timeline in which the position of certain land masses is different).

Personally, I find the evidence presented by other skeptics showing maps where New Zealand is in an inset box in the location on the map where people "remember" it actually being enough to convince me that the phenomena is nothing more than bad maps and memories. But it's not absolute proof, no matter how much they want it to be.

None of your personal memories of flights over Australia is evidence of the lack of alternate timelines at all, only that you personally haven't experienced this particular shift. Similarly, no number of old maps showing New Zealand in its correct position has any bearing in the matter.

The claim is simply not what you're presenting it as, and I'm baffled as to why you found it necessary to start an entire new thread to rebut a claim that had not been made.

edit to correct punctuation, vocabulary

[edit on 5/10/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA
you should be thanking us instead of being jealous of us and throwing out dumb comments. if it wasn't for us you'd be speaking japanese right now.

and i'm sure the next time the s#$t hits the fan who will you be looking to, to protect yer butts again

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan

Originally posted by insideNSA

also i love it when i detect 'America envy' proclaiming Americans to be dumb. uhhhh actually we have proven to be the smartest blokes as you might say... we invented almost everything and we dominate the world. lol. so stick that in your pipes and smoke it. yes we have dumb people but who doesn't. the few of us who run things... lets just say dominating the world isn't for dummies. lets see your country do this. lol.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by insideNSA]

Thanks for illustrating my point.

Arrogance and ignorance on bold display.

Hypocrisy at it's finest!!!! If I remember correctly, the Australians were actually the first country to give the Japanese something that they have never had in battle - a Defeat. Up in a little old place called Papua New Guinea.

Now, since most Americans can't find # on a blanket, let me help you with finding PNG. Ok, get your trusty map. Find Australia. It's that big dirty red/brown place that looks like someone has taken a bite out of the top and bottom. Now, just so you don't get overly confused, go UP, that is UP, from Australia. No, that is the sky, not PNG. When I said up, it old talk, it is NORTH. And there is good old PNG.

And if us Aussies were so bad in combat, why the hell did General MacArthur ask for our troops to help in Singapore????? Oh that's right, because he had been told a little old ragtag bunch of criminals had already beaten the # out of the Japanese, so he thought maybe it would be better to have them help him than help anyone else.

Also if you have some spare time, have a look on the web here about what a certain Field Marshall Rommel, yes, the Nazi Panzer Commander, what he thought about the Aussies. Seems he thought we did an ok job in containing his advance across Africa. Of course with some good old fashioned help with our partners in crime from the SOUTH EAST, the kiwi's, and those bucktoothed assassins, the Poms. ;D

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join