It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The craziest photo I've ever seen! (which says alot!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
And also the hardest thing I've ever tried to write a headline or caption for. This was titled "THE SINGAPORE SOLUTION" by National Geographic (emphasis theirs), and it did not include a question mark after the title.

The photo:
The Singapore version of The 4th of July, the National Day ceremony.

Picture Bush or Obama up there in the eyeball shaped display!

I have the National Geographic magazine the photo came from. In the book, the photo is 2-page with more detail, and under it across both pages is a thick red border that says "THE SINGAPORE SOLUTION". The article goes on to explain all the benefits of the worlds most sci-fi corporate police state. I can scan it if anyone is interested. I could really use some video footage of that event.

After all, LKY, as he is known in acronym-mad Singapore, is more than the "father of the country." He is its inventor, as surely as if he had scientifically formulated the place with precise portions of Plato's Republic, Anglophile elitism, unwavering economic pragmatism, and old-fashioned strong-arm repression.

I've seen just about every dystopian sci-fi movie out there, and this madness is even more creative. And to think that is the proceedings of their form of 4th of July.

Lee masterminded the celebrated "Singapore Model," converting a country one-eighth the size of Delaware, with no natural resources and a fractured mix of ethnicities, into "Singapore, Inc." He attracted foreign investment by building communications and transportation infrastructure, made English the official language, created a superefficient government by paying top administrators salaries equal to those in private companies, and cracked down on corruption until it disappeared. The model—a unique mix of economic empowerment and tightly controlled personal liberties—has inspired imitators in China, Russia, and eastern Europe.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the link. Shows the West and the rest of the world people can make it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Happy 4th of July!!!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I smell meme worthiness!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/408b4dad7aab.jpg[/atsimg]

That is crazy, and very disturbing to say the least. Just though I'd put outline there. Thank you for posting this! I can only imagine when Obama, or the Queen puts their face in that eye. That should wake some people up....

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Enigami]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

Nice response time

But wait, there's more:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
How is this real? Am I dreaming... Looks like a page from 0rwell's works.

Bah, there must be a negative side, a murky underbelly to Singapore... Just as there is in every country. I wonder what that is.

I wouldn't like to live there. Way too corporate, too miltaristic, too many rules.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Great in theory but Singapore is the next best thing to dictatorship..
The opposition goverment is not paid and they call elections on a few weeks notice giving no chance of a fair, unbiased election.

Also the family controls everything with members in charge of treasury, defence etc....

That aint no democracy but they have done well by ripping off THailand and Malaysaia's cheap wages and calling their goods "made in Singapore" when in reality Singapore produces very little.

Big Big extortion family.....

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I'd like to get this article scanned. Looks interesting. Sorry for the 1 liner

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Ahh yes! didn't catch that! That just makes it more sickening to me. This world is under control, I really hope people wake up soon. There is just no denying what is plainly visible!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I've been marveling over this image for months. After months I still can't get over this image.

Did you now that the letter A is considered a "truncated pyramid', as is the word AmericA?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Please tell me all you can about Singapore!

The story I see in that image alone inspires me to have to talk about it, and what it means for the projections of the rest of the world.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I've been to Singapore 3 times. Considering how organised, clean & tidy the place is & how polite everyone is, what I've found most surprising & a bit scary is that there really doesn't seem to be much repression involved. The place is just the way it is & the people honestly seem to like it like that.
If it wasn't for work, I wouldn't have wanted to go back after the 1st time. I had to carry a little ashtray with a lid around so as not to risk littering!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
great! score for the new world order.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Yep it will be like the brave new world delusion thing.

Amazing how hard it is to wake people up, but most do not care.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Amazing post. I really enjoy it when people see masonic symbols in Orwellian like societies. The pyramid, and the eye, or the number 13.

I don't mean to go off topic, but it seems the symbols you see everywhere are not there by accident. Inauguration of the 45th president.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb230e541934.jpg[/atsimg]
I see it, do you?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Very thought provoking picture, thanks for posting it.

Whenever I see the military parades in China, the thought occurs to me that that is the way the us government wants our country to be like. Forget the Easter Bunnies, Santa, and Irish parades. They want military parades!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
To IgnoranceIsntBlisss,
Iconoclast Extremist,
Reverse-Disinfo Agent:

dude, you should make horrors.
Maybe go and watch some basketball...

(which says alot!)

Ridiculous.

But wait, there's more:

..more BS, yes.

Did you now that the letter A is considered a "truncated pyramid', as is the word AmericA?

What about Absurd? I found it ridiculous, that such people like you, dude, are getting points in "flag contribution level".
I can ASSURE you, that ALL world's mysteries are SAFE with people like you, man.

I've been to Singapore 3 times. Considering how organised, clean & tidy the place is & how polite everyone is, what I've found most surprising & a bit scary is that there really doesn't seem to be much repression involved. The place is just the way it is & the people honestly seem to like it like that.

You know, mcdonald users(these great truthers), aren't able to imagine place DIFFERENT from their armchair.
They surely want to see DEMOCRACY by US there(ASAP).

To all US people busy searching for pyramids in bucket, go and watch "No end in sight". Then talk about masons, NWO and other countries.

great! score for the new world order.

Typical useless, TOS breaking post.

ATS is going down. Shame.

I say it again:
To all US people busy searching for pyramids in bucket, go and watch "No end in sight". Then talk about masons, NWO and other countries.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by potential_problem]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Singapore has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Those rules! Those inane, trivial, never-ending rules.

Someone once told me: In Singapore it is against the law to allow a mosquito to enter your house.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This website is quite enlightening about Singapore:
www.talkingcock.com...
Check out the comprehensive disclaimers!
Btw, its not true that letting mosquitoes into your house is illegal, but its 1 of those jokes that are funny because they're close to the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join