It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burqa ban is 'un-Australian' say Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Obviously they are teaching their adherents and their children to be very screwed up.
That is shocking.

But that happens with every religion, not just Islam.

Lots of Christian parents teach their children to give up Sunday mornings so they can sing hymns. That's just as shocking and screwed up.

I'm not so concerned about the religious aspects of wearing a burqa. I'm concerned that fashion police think they can dictate what a person will free will should/not wear.

Those women have a right to wear their burqas. As overdressed and silly as they look, especially in the heat, that's their choice.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
How Oz behaves is free - freedom from religious nutters.

You should be grateful you are Australian.

Miss the part where I said I was an abbo? I've always been Australian and I always will be. And nobody and nothing will take that from me. I should be "grateful" for what exactly? That I'm still alive and not in jail? Yeah thanks for that.

And you seem to have some funny ideas about what "religious nutters" do in this country. We're very multicultural and very diverse. Muslims aren't any more crazy than Christians, Jews, Scientology or Orange people.

We got the KKK up here in Queensland, but we didn't kick them out did we?

If it wasn't for "religious nutters" you wouldn't have the "right" to live free because this is Gods country and all our rights are granted by Divine Right.

If there is no religion, we have no rights. It's not like we have an "inalienable" Bill of Rights like the American's do. We just have universal manhood suffrage.

Whereas the people of New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, and Tasmania, humbly relying on the blessing of Almighty God, have agreed to unite in one indissoluble Federal Commonwealth under the Crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and under the Constitution hereby established:

And whereas it is expedient to provide for the admission into the Commonwealth of other Australasian Colonies and possessions of the Queen:

Be it therefore enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

Constitution Preamble

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I do not like the full face veil as it's impossible for me to communicate with someone if I can't make eye contact.

Lying to push your agenda won't help because lying can easily be expose, hence the above statement..

You are here on ATS, you can't see my eyes, and you are saying it is impossible for you to communicate..

Is that the only wrong you could find for this religious expression?

You could have said, well they can rob a bank, that would have been a million time better excuse..

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by riley

I do not like the full face veil as it's impossible for me to communicate with someone if I can't make eye contact.

Lying to push your agenda won't help because lying can easily be expose, hence the above statement..

I assure you I was being very sincere and gave an honest opinion based on my experience as an Australian woman.

I like to be able to see someone's face and eyes when I talk to them.

That is not an unreasonable thing to expect and voicing that opinion does NOT give you the right to call me a bloody liar. You demand respect for strict conservative muslim culture yet you have zero respect for mine.. as proven by your insulting and baseless accusation.

Why assume I was lieing? because I am an Australian non muslim? :shk:

[edit on 7-5-2010 by riley]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
Whats the problem? Can't see their faces to get biometrics? Every Muslim female that is banned from their freedom of expression and belief needs to put down their burka and pick up a Guy Fawkes mask.

So... if you don't get your way in someone else's country... blow things up huh! Create terror!

That's very Un-Islamic don't you think!![/sarcasm]

IRM

[edit on 7/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
So... if you don't get your way in someone else's country... blow things up huh! Create terror!

Not here they won't. Not if they know what's good for them. I'm talking about a more passive form of resistance.

A little bit like this;

Are you aware of how biometrics can be used?

en.wikipedia.org...

Every human has a unique biometric signature. Without the cameras being able to see someone face, they can't tell who they are.

Now I don't know about you but if the cameras are tracking Muslims, they're tracking me too and I don't like that one bit. I'm not a criminal, and if the government wants any information on me it can ask and get a warrant.

Also I don't like the assumption because I'm opposed to the idea that I'm Muslim. I'm Luciferian.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by belial259]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Has anyone thought how the law would apply to a muslim lady wearling a hijab/ burka/ any face veil at all, if she is DRIVING A CAR? Surely they should have to take the face covering off to drive, and this is in no way, I think, an unreasonable request, the issue here would be public safety over religious beliefs and rights. Just a thought..............

If you are a man who employs a number of muslim ladies, how would you know who is turning up for work? Any member of their "family or friends" could "turn up" for work in a burka and you wouldn't be allowed to see who they are........ unless you employ or have a lady working for you, who you know(and can see their face), there who can look at their faces and verify they actually are who they are. Before any smart ass says fingerprint machines to enter the workplace.... my answer .... why should we, why should we pander to the minority, show your face like everyone else!

Are muslim ladies who are nurses allowed to cover their faces in hospitals?...... just curious, I don't know,

many many questions about the burka, about it's place in western society, but it is obviously an issue where some people seem to think that the religious rights of a minority are far more important than the opinion of the majority, without even giving any thought about multiculturalism, how are you supposed to integrate with people who hide themselves behind a barrier. That's what a Burka is essentially, a barrier, an oppressive item used by men, to stop a woman meeting a man naturally and falling in love and screwing up daddy's plans for their arranged marriage!.............

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt
Before any smart ass says fingerprint machines to enter the workplace.... my answer .... why should we, why should we pander to the minority, show your face like everyone else!

Every single one of us is a minority of one. We are individuals. We should pander to the right of the individual because this is the entire basis of capitalism.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Before any smart ass says fingerprint machines to enter the workplace.... my answer .... why should we, why should we pander to the minority, show your face like everyone else!

Every single one of us is a minority of one. We are individuals. We should pander to the right of the individual because this is the entire basis of capitalism.

Does that not fly in the face of democracy(ha!) where everyone (ha!) has a vote on a decision, and the higher number of votes cast decides the outcome of that issue, while I agree wholeheartedly with your last statement,. i.e., "I am my own island", unfortunately society and law does not pander to the individual, laws and rules should be decided and voted for the good of the population in general, without religious exception.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

My comment is straight forward, your comment was straight lie..

You can't communicate without eye contact, you say it is impossible for you.. I'm not gonna defend calling you a liar..

If it is your culture to see someone in the eye, then be it. Just don't claim it is impossible for you to communicate without eye contact..

That is bullox..

[edit on 7-5-2010 by oozyism]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Does that not fly in the face of democracy(ha!) where everyone (ha!) has a vote on a decision, and the higher number of votes cast decides the outcome of that issue

No. Infact that is the entire point. The individual. Not the state. One man, one vote.

It's so lonely here in finished year 4 social studies land. Paying attention in school has made me a social outcast

unfortunately society and law does not pander to the individual, laws and rules should be decided and voted for the good of the population in general, without religious exception.

Not anymore it doesn't. Because of despots like you. You're not talking about what is good for society you're talking about tyranny!

Please, any Australian that is for this idea, get some education and do it fast because very soon this country will be in big trouble. And if you love Australia and our freedom you must support the rights of all Australians always, even if they are a minority.

If you let them take away Muslims rights, you're also letting them take yours.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by riley

My comment is straight forward, your comment was straight lie..

You can't communicate without eye contact, you say it is impossible for you.. I'm not gonna defend calling you a liar..

If it is your culture to see someone in the eye, then be it. Just don't claim it is impossible for you to communicate with eye contact..

That is bullox..

I was not lieing.

I gave my opinion. You have NO right to attack my charactor me based on your OWN bigoted assumptions. I am uncomfortable not being able to see who I am speaking to. It is a very very natural thing to feel and I should not have to put up with being accused of lieing for it.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sorry if I sounded like an asshole... zzz

We will continue this next time.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by oozyism]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I am uncomfortable not being able to see who I am speaking to. It is a very very natural thing to feel and I should not have to put up with being accused of lieing for it.

And on the basis that it makes you feel uncomfortable. It's ok to just ban a expression of religious belief and gut free speech?

Let the Muslims keep their towels and ban you instead lady.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Does that not fly in the face of democracy(ha!) where everyone (ha!) has a vote on a decision, and the higher number of votes cast decides the outcome of that issue

No. Infact that is the entire point. The individual. Not the state. One man, one vote.

It's so lonely here in finished year 4 social studies land. Paying attention in school has made me a social outcast

unfortunately society and law does not pander to the individual, laws and rules should be decided and voted for the good of the population in general, without religious exception.

Not anymore it doesn't. Because of despots like you. You're not talking about what is good for society you're talking about tyranny!

Please, any Australian that is for this idea, get some education and do it fast because very soon this country will be in big trouble. And if you love Australia and our freedom you must support the rights of all Australians always, even if they are a minority.

If you let them take away Muslims rights, you're also letting them take yours.

You call me a despot! Ha! I'm hardly the reason for failed ideology, as for Tyranny, how can you seriously talk about Tyranny in a Western country when Tyranny is the norm in a lot of muslim countries where women have no rights and no voice in their male dominated and controlled world?

"It's so lonely here in finished year 4 social studies land. Paying attention in school has made me a social outcast
"

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and bad sarcasm is just ignorance!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You call me a despot! Ha! I'm hardly the reason for failed ideology, as for Tyranny, how can you seriously talk about Tyranny in a Western country when Tyranny is the norm in a lot of muslim countries where women have no rights and no voice in their male dominated and controlled world?

Because we're turning into a police state. And you're right this is a western country, do you want it to be like theirs? Where you can't do or wear as you wish because of the law?

Maybe we should start making the Dalai Lama wear a pair of stubbies a singlet and some thongs when he comes down here because he's not fitting in too hey?

Oh and Nuns, can't let them wear their garb anymore. Covers their face.

And the Pope, he's got some rather elaborate head gear too doesn't he? That's gonna have to come off for national security!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

talk about Tyranny in a Western country when Tyranny is the norm in a lot of muslim countries where women have no rights and no voice in their male dominated and controlled world?

Let's talk about it shall we, I don't agree with that point..

See Western women might have the illusion of more rights, but we all know they are treated like sh1t, literally sh1t.. They are raped more, they are abused more, they are left by themselves more, to take care of the family and take care of money, hence tap and gap..

It is a dream, look at the reality on the ground..

Don't just say women this women that, look at the statistics..

Come to NEW ZEALAND.. Let me show you where old guys go to find 12 year old girls.. Well known facts around here, let me show you where you can find crack whores..

Let me introduce you to my neighbors.. Do you want to know what they get up to.. Yes I know, seen it all.. Talk about reality.. Yes if you lock yourself in your home and sit in your car, go to work, then come back home and lock yourself up again, surely you will not see reality..

I've seen girls get beaten up in the middle of the streets, some call the cops, some don't.. Huge problem..

I seen young girls being pimped on.. around shopping malls.. 20 bux for BJ.. Don't want to go any further, I'm already feeling sick..

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Even our Monarch is trying to hide her appearance with some weird traditional garb that might have some religious significance.

Look at her hiding away!

Should the Queen take her head covering off?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I am uncomfortable not being able to see who I am speaking to. It is a very very natural thing to feel and I should not have to put up with being accused of lieing for it.

And on the basis that it makes you feel uncomfortable. It's ok to just ban a expression of religious belief and gut free speech?

Let the Muslims keep their towels and ban you instead lady.

I had already said I DO NOT THINK TNEY SHOULD BAN IT. You speak of freedom of expression yet when I assert that you say I shoud be banned? Thats not asking for equality thats asking for special treatment. Double standards.

Please do not call them towels. That is offensive.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I had already said I DO NOT THINK TNEY SHOULD BAN IT. You speak of freedom of expression yet when I assert that you say I shoud be banned? Thats not asking for equality thats asking for special treatment. Double standards.

Double standards you say? Special treatment? I think you're the one that wants special treatment, by way of racially profiling one group of people by where they come from and what their religion is.

You have a problem with Muslim women, wearing their head scarfs. Or Burkas or whatever you want to call them.

Do any of these women make you feel uncomfortable??

What about this bloke? He's wearing a religious hat, I can't see his entire head!

And this gentleman. Why that could be a fake hat beard and glasses, how do we know he's not one of his relatives coming to work for him?

Look at these potential terrorists from the Exclusive brethren!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join