It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT kills two dogs in front of children during a house raid over a marijuana posession.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

Sorry, that just doesn't cut it. Likely scenario. The dog wasn't crated. Had free roam of the house as most pets do. Thugs bust down the door, yelling and screaming. I dont care how well trained your dog is, a brief moment is not enough to distract your dog and make it heel. Besides the owner is being told to get down , dont move , shut up.

Like I stated previously, there is no justification.

If the job is too dangerous for them...Take up needlepoint or something equally less adventurous.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Originally posted by DeltaBravoSierra

To all the people mourning the loss of an ANIMAL....f*ck you. The SWAT officers saw a clear threat and acted. Good Job Officers. The people that

What a cold thing to say. It's not human, that way of thinking mate...

Life is cold. An animal is an animal, and a human is a human. Obviously there are huge difference between the two. Now, if my statement was...To all the people mourning the loss of a convicted murderer...f*ck you. The SWAT officers saw a clear threat and acted. Good Job Officers. That statement wouldn't be cold or heartless at all, yet when I say an ANIMAL that's bloodline reputation is of viciousness and death...my logical human thinking isnt right?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
greeneyedleo is more than 100% correct when she discusses the fact that the claim of "caged dogs" is bogus. There is zero evidence.........oh, and due to the lack of reading comprehension skills posted throughout this thread i'll say it again. There is is zero evidence for a caged dog.

However, there is evidence the dog isn't caged; the big one being the SWAT team yelling at the owner to call off the dog. Even the primary article mentions nothing of a caged dog.

In other words, saying that the animal is caged is simply a propoganda ploy and nothing else whatsoever.

Next, the last thing you want when you enter the home of a suspected dealer is for an aggressive animal to hamper you in any way. Why do drug dealers train attack dogs? It is simply so that animal can buy them time and provide a distraction and warning. Dogs can clearly put the safety of law enforcement at risk by:
-Distraction
-Noise
-Agressive behavior that can harm (biting, jumping)
Anything that gives criminals an advantage over law enforcement will be dealt with. Sadly, this sometimes includes pets.

People here rise to extremely ignorant conclusions without evidence. They choose their side and use emotion to convey their perspective of the story.

Case in Point: Cops
In general on this board there is a negative perspective of law enforcement. I suspect due to the fact that there are people here who have had experience in breaking the law and either love justification for their actions and then proceed to project their justification against cops or they didn't enjoy their fines/other forms of discipline. Another reason could be that they enjoy breaking certain laws and therefore don't want people enforcing such laws. I also suspect it is due to the few times that law enforcement does go over the line and get power happy it is posted all over youtube and news sources. This doesn't usually happen when law enforcement succeeds in enforcing the law due to the non-attention and boring label it would recieve. It could also be due to bogus descriptions given to videos posted on the internet without any verifiable evidence for the description (this video being case in point).

I personally, aside from the occasional traffic violation, have stayed away from breaking the law. Therefore, I have never had a negative experience with law enforcement. I have always remained respectful in the midst of those violations because I knew I had broken the law. I knew I had put myself before the safety of the people around me. I awknowledged the fact that I did something wrong.

"It was only a small pipe and a little marijuana......oh, and it's completely harmless compared to drinking.......It should be legal."
"I was only going 6mph over the speed limit"
"I was nearly at a complete stop at the 4-way"

These are the kind of statements people make all the time. Yet laws are laws and cops have sworn to uphold laws. I agree that marijuana should be legalized but until it happens I'm going to make sure I stay 100% away from the stuff because I know there are cops living in my community who will uphold law no matter if I think the law is justified or not.

Sorry, but this video is simply another form of justification for someone breaking the law and trying to project their crime onto law enforcement. It isn't that SWAT teams fault that they had bad intelligence. It is the detective's fault. Yet, as you can see by the numerous posts in this thread the fault is projected at the SWAT team by the members here even though they didn't do the intelligence work. They simply were briefed on the situation at hand and expected the worst.

I mean are people really that thristy for cop blood here that they can't think through the situation the SWAT team was in? Are they that ignorant that they will lay the blame at the feet of the SWAT team entering the house with evidently bad intelligence? I seriously doubt the SWAT team huddled and decided, "yay, we get to take out a family pet! That'll teach him!" No, instead you clearly hear the SWAT team telling the owner to call off his dog several times. You hear a pause. Then you hear shots fired.

THis is the kind of attitude that helped the Nazi's become so succesful.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
so instead of finding a pittbull in a cage, the cops found a gun in a drawer. So would you say, since the gun is in a drawer it cannot do any damage there. No, the draw could have been opened and the gun pulled out. the dog could have been released and told "Chopper, sick balls" They shot the dogs before they had the suspect under power.

Here is a crazy idea, your a parent, don't bring illeagal substances into your house and endanger your kids.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

To all the people that are downing the police officers for doing their job...nobody really gives two sh*ts about your opinion. I think it would be great for the cops to show up while you were working so they could critique and judge the way you do YOUR job.

If MY job involved killing the innocent pets of others, then I am pretty sure the cops WOULD show up to "critique and judge" me on my job.

And congrats, actually your opinion is the only one so far that I don't give two sh*ts about.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thinline

Only danger I saw was a bunch of thugs with automatic weapons.....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It doesn't matter that the dog was a dog. They killed it because they felt it was a threat. What if that had been a teenage son? Someone busts into the house in the middle of the night, he grabs a shotgun and they shoot him dead over a little weed?

The police were vastly in the wrong. You don't use lethal force against a person in their own home in the middle of the night for any reason! Not unless the warrant you are serving is for an extremely violent crime. You never never never have the right to bust into a home in the middle of the night for a non-violent warrant, and then use violence against a family that is defending themselves against who knows what?

If it had been my dog, there would have been h*ll to pay. If, god forbid, it had been a person, lawfully defending themselves against an intruder, then the revolution would still be ongoing!

These police were intruders, the dog was lawfully doing his duty. The police should pay dearly. Since this is America, they will probably pay monetarily, but if it were my dog, the payment would run red!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CDippa

To all the people that are downing the police officers for doing their job...nobody really gives two sh*ts about your opinion. I think it would be great for the cops to show up while you were working so they could critique and judge the way you do YOUR job.

If MY job involved killing the innocent pets of others, then I am pretty sure the cops WOULD show up to "critique and judge" me on my job.

And congrats, actually your opinion is the only one so far that I don't give two sh*ts about.

Yes, your absolutely right. When a police officer is sworn in, their oath has a line that says "they will dutily kill any and all household animals." Good call on that one. You don't give to #s, yet you took the time out of your day to post on it. Well played.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wow, you guys are all FULLY indoctrinated. Cops are just "doing their jobs" is the simple Nazi defense, only makes sense to utter morons.

And why is everyone getting so worked up over the fact that they shot a couple of dogs? This points out the misdirection brainwashing that is going on. How about the fact that they BROKE IN THE HOUSE AND STARTED SHOOTING IMMEDIATELY? This is a much bigger deal.

Cops are totally allowed to shoot your dogs. This makes sense. A dog can be trained to be like a weapon for you, a type of "suicide bomber" if you want to stick with Newspeak. Cops are fully justified in shooting them at the drop of a hat. I had cops threaten to shoot my friend's dog in a mere traffic stop because the dog was barking at them from the back seat. Luckily for him, my buddy is a lawyer and knew how to talk his way out of anything, and KNEW ALL HIS RIGHTS. The fact that he was a lawyer made the cops treat him differently as well.

And a Corgi is a FAR from harmless dog. They look cute because of their short legs, but the legs are short because they were bred to run right down into the burrow of wild animals, AND BATTLE TO THE DEATH UNDERGROUND. They are very tough. The corgi could probably take the pitbull. Hell, the Corgie survived the shooting, the pit bull didn't!

The big deal here is the search warrant. These dumb pigs were obviously operating on very bad intel. Whomever is responsible for THAT should be strung up. And people, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. When someone kicks in your door at night and fires a shot right away, you are fully within your rights to fire back and even kill them. Yelling "Police!" as they come storming in does not count as identification. The fact that you are merely a 25 yr old fat stoner with no weapons and no backup would mean you simply die in a hail of lead, but at least you took one of the scumbags with you.

However, if these chumps were actually storming a major meth lab, crack house or other real drug operation, and encountering a bunch of hard bitten well armed drug dealing gangbangers who fear nothing including their own death, and are always at least half ready for a raid or a gunfight, it would have been a different story. These bozos seemed so incompetent that I think it would have been the PIGS dying in a hail of lead. They are so afraid of a little dog that they fire immediately and give away their advantage of surprise?

If you are awakened by gunfire in your own house, you are fully within your rights to grab that piece you should keep under your pillow, and shoot the first unknown person you see. There was a case recently in one of these no=knock warrant raids, where they were entering the WRONG HOUSE, and the awakened householder shot and KILLED a cop and the case was dismissed. That's right, he was well within his rights, and your rights, to defend himself against unknown assailants invading his home.

These cops were acting like they were expecting to find strong, armed resistance to their unlawful invasion, though they appeared so keystone cop-like that any real resistance would have massacred them. If this guy was a big drug lord, chances are good that he has a least a few soldiers around him heavily armed at all times. Entering through the front door without surrounding the place is NOT going to work out well.

Pigs given military training, military weapons and military jackboots are not the same as battle hardened veterans. When the bullets really start flying, most cops can barely hit the side of a barn. They usually unload fifty or sixty shots between the six of them, and only one or two hit the granny or teenager that was terrifying them so much they felt it necessary to use lethal force. Whereas real gangbangers have BEEN in gunfights, and sometimes lots of them, and on the receiving end of unfriendly fire. The pigs' invasion ain't THEIR first rodeo. And their dogs ARE trained to attack strangers.

Even if these dumb pigs have been in Iraq, and a lot of them have, they are still far from battle hardened veterans. They have received extensive training in how to do house to house searches, terrorize women and children, rape, beat and murder them, and use whatever tactics they want because there IS a chance, however slight, that they MIGHT come across some real resistance fighters trying to defend their homeland. In which case they have air support. They still are cowardly weaklings who have overwhelming firepower and still can't win. Gangbangers have been in real gunfights with other crazy a$$ mofos who are not afraid of dying either. Shooting at guys who are shooting back at you is vastly different than shooting at targets at the range or enemies in a video game.

These no-knock warrants are blatantly unconstitutional. Unfortunately, they have changed the rules on you and you don't even realize it. There is no more innocent until proven guilty, you are either guilty or not guilty. If you fight back, you are obviously guilty, and therefore their murder of you is justified. Just like witches. You throw them in the water with their hands tied behind their backs. If they drown, then you know they were not guilty. If they can swim, they are obviously guilty. (I'm a really good swimmer, I could swim for quite a while with my hands tied behind me. I'm obviously a witch, and guilty)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a barking animal would not be a danger to anyones self, so not sure what the reason was to shoot.
having children around and seeing their pets be killed certainly does scar them, sometimes for life. how sad for those to witness and so heartless for them who could do such a thing without any justifiable reasons.

I remember a time where there was caught and caged wild pigs in the outskirts of town, the police in district found and used these pigs for target practice while still in their cage instead of just releasing them. they were going to be for sale so were in good health and caused no problems being there.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
reply to post by Looking_Glass

Do your own damn homework! Drugs = loads of money to the wrong people.

I read both your posts, and can only conclude your trolling to get a rise out of people. The laws in Amerika are so bent in favor of putting you in prison it's actually amazing that every single person doesn't have a criminal record already.

Now, troll boy. You do realize that hundreds of tons of drugs don't make it across the US borders without the government knowing about it right? And those wrong people you mention above are in fact the SAME government you pay your taxes to. It might come as a shock to you, but even drug dealers pay taxes. They pay sales tax, gas tax vehicle tax pretty much every tax except income tax. However I digress...

Although weed is against the law, are you aware that at one time it wasn't? And, do you know why it was deemed to be illegal? You might look into that before you jump on the "war on drugs" mantra.

Lastly, the police shooting the dog, 2 seconds into the house based on the belief that it posed a threat, is painting all dogs with the same sweeping generalization brush that we paint the police with when we encounter them. yet the badge kissers whine about a few "bad apples", but only when it applies to them.

It really is warrant procedures like this which are going to get police officers shot. And the police fan boy above should really consider what happened to the brown shirts. Germany had their pain, now it appears to be time for Amerika.

..Ex

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

They can do whatever they want now. NOBODY will stop them. They are the law.

America - Land of Sheep, Home of the Jackboots

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Are u really an idiot or are just faking it?! So their job was to shoot a dog in a cage? Get real. He wasn't even dealing. He had a small amount of mj.

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Don't be mad at the Cops , for doing their job... Be mad at the guys buddy that dime'd him out. It's obvious they got bad intel from a CI. You don't know what sort of intel was passed , you don't know if the guy is alone , if he has weapons , if has has buddies with weapons. when you make entry into a house the last thing on your mind is the welfare of the family pet. Once It's cleared , THEN you can worry about those things. I know PLENTY of guys that had to put dogs down because , douchebag drug dealers keep them in the house ,you know why they're there?... so when you make entry THEY BITE YOU!!!!

So I guess the guy that's dealing out of his house with his kids there isn't at fault huh?... And you even call for someone to get fired?!? C'mon!...lol

It's really simple , unless you have X-Ray vision , YOU DON'T KNOW what's in a house before you enter it , and things happen REALLY fast. It sucks that the guys dog got double tapped but sometimes $*** happens.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Ok. I have some questions.

When they entered the house - they said: "Call the dog off. Call the dog off" numerous times. And you could hear the dog going nuts and the owner [apparently] was not calling their dog off.

[edit on May 5th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

I don't hear him saying "call the dog off", it sounds more like "drop and don't move". But either way, was the dog even attacking? How do you call a dog off that isn't even lunging? Also, if you, the civilian, don't even know WTF is going on, why would you call your dogs off, #... could be a robbery for all you know... if you've only got a bowl, and you know you've done nothing to necessitate a SWAT team coming into your house...? Even if he was selling weed... holy #! I think its more evil to storm the house of a family that way, and kill a kids dog. If you support this kind of behavior, you are evidence of the biblical statement that Satan rules the planet. Only a total human waste of life would feel it "moral" to freak out like that over weed distribution. Cops whining about how dangerous their job is? Try being a civilian!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

They can do whatever they want now. NOBODY will stop them. They are the law.

America - Land of Sheep, Home of the Jackboots

www.youtube.com...

Too bad that you are 99% correct. The 1%ers (like me) are usually handled a little differently, and we don't have those same problems, because the police force is aware of the potential flare up.

They use overwhelming force with the sheep, and they use kid gloves with the wolves.

One day, they will be mistaken, and they will handle the wrong people the wrong way.

Now, I am not so arrogant as to pretend that I could overcome a SWAT team descending on my house in the middle of the night. Of course, they could do whatever they wanted, and I would comply. BUT...that is just one battle, not the whole war, and it would not end that particular night! Especially if there were casualties involved in my home, dog or otherwise!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Have to agree with Leo. They clearly told the guy to call off the dog and he didn't, so they shot it. It was the right course of action, whether you agree or not.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Don't be mad at the Cops , for doing their job... Be mad at the guys buddy that dime'd him out. It's obvious they got bad intel from a CI. You don't know what sort of intel was passed , you don't know if the guy is alone , if he has weapons , if has has buddies with weapons. when you make entry into a house the last thing on your mind is the welfare of the family pet. Once It's cleared , THEN you can worry about those things. I know PLENTY of guys that had to put dogs down because , douchebag drug dealers keep them in the house ,you know why they're there?... so when you make entry THEY BITE YOU!!!!

So I guess the guy that's dealing out of his house with his kids there isn't at fault huh?... And you even call for someone to get fired?!? C'mon!...lol

It's really simple , unless you have X-Ray vision , YOU DON'T KNOW what's in a house before you enter it , and things happen REALLY fast. It sucks that the guys dog got double tapped but sometimes $*** happens.

There's a huge difference between doing your job, and killing caged animals for the sake of demonstrating control.

This crap has gotten out of hand with the police force, and there are more and more abuses being perpetrated by these psychopaths everyday. I for one am sick of looking in the paper or online to see thousands of reports of police brutality and abuses going unchecked and then reading the post of some ill-informed guy defending their actions. Its all fun and games until its in your own backyard. But, let me guess. If it happened to YOU, you would completely understand why the cops would have taken the actions that left you without family, friends, or your pets...RIGHT? Acceptable losses...no big deal. Lets just say it was your mom...who are you going to defend then? I'm sure you could simply overlook the fact that your mother was blown away right before your very eyes and come to the simple conclusion that the cops simply had bad intel.

Give that man some applause.

Despite the nature of this thread and the post that I just responded to...Much love to all, even the guy defending the psychotic behavior of the police who killed innocent and caged animals.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I hear ya.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow, some of the psychotic, delusional responses condoning these actions is unbelievable! You people doing this should be locked up for being domestic terrorist's because your psycholgical profile is a perfect match.

There is NOTHING that excuses the direct response of these officers. The man, his family, and dogs are ALL CONSIDERED INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! They busted his door down in the middle of the night with guns a blazing without even giving this guy a chance to respond to the orders given by the police to open the door.

What's even worse there is not ONE word about this in the MSM and there is NOTHING in the NEWS on the INTERNET about this besides Komu, which is some college news station that's a local affiliate of NBC.

I would hope that people flood the emails of the Columbia Police department, the Mayor of the city, and the Governor of the state of Missouri DEMANDING that these officer's be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by curious_soul]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yes, your absolutely right. When a police officer is sworn in, their oath has a line that says "they will dutily kill any and all household animals." Good call on that one. You don't give to #s, yet you took the time out of your day to post on it. Well played.

You're talking in circles there, buddy...and you're trying to put words in my mouth. I don't think police have a right to "kill any and all household animals." I am saying quite the opposite. I think that we have a right to hold the police accountable when they act against the will of the people...just as they hold us accountable.

And I don't think the will of the people is for the police to pursue a NON-VIOLENT crime at the cost of taking lives, whether they be pets or humans.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join