It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Bomber Suspect is a Fake!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by netwalker

Y'all need to be focusing on what this poster's thoughts are.

Everything else is a waste of time.

Fishy doesn't begin to describe the situation. What's this amazing "technology" the Army used to get ahold of this guy?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

No, unfortunately i can't provide a link.

I heard it said on a TV report yesterday (BBC i think), the report described what was found in the car..propane tanks, petrol, fertilizer etc. The reporter went on to say that there was also a crude remote detonator but didn't give specifics.

I guess an alarm clock would be pretty crude, and he would technically be remote when the bomb went off...but i was thinking a cell phone.

Doesn't anyone think it very strange that the guy went to all that trouble, but supposedly used his own regular cell phone number when he bought the car a couple of weeks earlier?

Wouldn't each and every one of you, just by a throwaway sim card or cheap payg phone and dump it right after the transaction was complete?

Who would buy a car for a bomb plot, and use a mobile number that can be traced back to you? If you answer yes to this, please do not consider a life in crime as a viable career option...as it would mainly be a life in prison.

And who amongst you, would pack a car with the boom-boom bits, park it up where your target is...and leave not only the engine running..but also the hazard warning lights flashing?! Anyone?

This guy is supposed to have a Masters University degree, so he can't be exactly a moron...but these are the actions of a complete and utter moron!

This doesn't add up.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
What's this amazing "technology" the Army used to get ahold of this guy?

Not too hard to figure out...

VIN# from the vehicle got them the name of the seller on Craigslist.

IP address found, and connected the suspect to the purchase of the SUV.

The suspect probably contacted the seller at some point with his cellphone to make the purchase.

Phone records from the seller's account most likely revealed the cell phone number the suspect used to call, or he had given it to the seller.

Once they had that number, they could monitor all traffic, and trace the signal, which they were doing from the air.

A call was made from that cell phone to the airlines, and they scrambled on over to pull him off the plane.

note: I realize they only mentioned that he contacted the seller via an IP address, but it just seems logical that the buyer/seller of a vehicle would exchange phone numbers to complete the deal.

edit to add: Remember, he did remove the VIN# plate from the dashboard, and probably didn't think the SUV would be traced back to the owner so quickly, before he got out of the country...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by lernmore]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Removed double post.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by spikey]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by netwalker

What is simply not adding up for me is how they knew who the guy was from a disposable cell phone.

He used the cellphone to contact the seller of the SUV. The seller of the SUV then identified him as the buyer of the SUV from a photo lineup.

www.cbsnews.com...

That led authorities to a Bridgeport, Connecticut, man and his 19-year-old daughter, Peggy Colas, who had posted ads on eBay and other websites to sell a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder, court papers said.

During questioning on Sunday morning and again Monday, the teenager told investigators she met the man who bought her car at a supermarket parking lot on April 24 and he took the vehicle for a test drive. She was asking $1,800; he offered $500 less. She agreed and he paid her in cash - with 13 crisp $100 bills.

No bill of sale was necessary, she said the buyer told her, and he already had plates. She did not know his name - but she did have a cell number.

That led to a prepaid cell phone activated on April 16 and used to call Colas several times, investigators said. A check of phone records showed it was also used to contact a Pennsylvania fireworks shop.

By 11 a.m. Monday, investigators knew the suspect's name.

Agents later showed Colas a photo array with six photos, including one of Shahzad. Authorities say she picked Shahzad.

From there, obtaining records from the cell provider via the Patriot Act was cake, as the calls had to go through the network. People think prepaid is super anonymous, but it really isn't.

That led to a prepaid cell phone activated on April 16 and used to call Colas several times, investigators said. A check of phone records showed it was also used to contact a Pennsylvania fireworks shop.

From another article:

No name, but a cell phone number

She also did not know the buyer’s name, but identified him as a man of Middle Eastern or Hispanic origins. But Peggy did have the buyer’s cell phone number – a rich clue for investigators.

The car seller then worked with a sketch artist to generate a draft of Shahzad’s face. Hours later, she was able to identify him from an array of six photographs.

Peggy also told investigators that the buyer arrived at the parking lot in a black Isuzu Rodeo, which he left behind when he drove off in his newly acquired car.

He also used the prepaid to call and receive calls from Pakistan, but he has family there, so the intent and location of the receiving end of the calls has yet to be determined, however.:

sweetness-light.com...

Among those arrested in Pakistan was Tauhid Ahmed, with whom Shahzad had been communicating via e-mail and whom he’d met at least once.

Also busted was Muhammad Rehan, who was picked up at a mosque associated with militant activity. Shahzad during his trip to Pakistan had met with Rehan.

Investigators were also looking at possible ties between Shahzad and David Headley, another Pakistani American, who pleaded guilty to the 2008 bombings in Mumbai, India, The Daily Beast Web site reported.

The criminal complaint says Shahzad bought the 1993 Pathfinder on April 24 from a person in Connecticut to whom he paid $1,300 in $100 bills after test-driving it in a parking lot…

The same day as the purchase, Shahzad received four calls from a telephone in Pakistan on a prepaid cellphone he had bought.

The next day, that phone was used to call a Pennsylvania fireworks store that sells M-88s, like those later found in the Times Square bomb

Here is a copy of the original complaint, US vs Shahzad, where you can read a lot of the details *without* media bias/errors/assumptions.

www.cbsnews.com...

The really odd thing to me was this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the video of the Bloomberg press conference. In the video, he makes a statement about someone going to PA to buy fireworks.

An ATS user then makes this comment:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did find it odd he reference Pennsylvania as the place to get commercial grade fireworks. Other states offer them also. Maybe a slip f evidence on his part, maybe just a gereralization.

And then this comes out:

www.nypost.com...

(AP) NEW YORK (AP) - A man accused of trying to detonate a car bomb in Times Square was videotaped buying consumer-grade fireworks at a Pennsylvania store that a company official said were not nearly strong enough to make a powerful bomb.

I believe he thought he was obtaining M80's, which, before they were made illegal in the US, was the equivalent of 1/4 stick of dynamite. M80 fuses could also be chained and would light from one another. The PA fireworks store claims that M88 fuses have to be individually lit.

The questions in my mind are, did he simply go to PA so as to not draw any attention in NY?

How did Bloomberg know the PA connection? Was it a wild coincidence? Or, did they already have more information than they let on?

Don't look now, but is the sale of M88's enough to trigger your name on a government watchlist? Especially if you are "of foreign appearance"?

According to another article, they knew about this guy *quite* a few years ago, at least since 2004:

www.nytimes.com...

George LaMonica, a 35-year-old computer consultant, said he bought his two-bedroom condominium in Norwalk, Conn., from Mr. Shahzad for $261,000 in May 2004. A few weeks after he moved in, Mr. LaMonica said, investigators from the national Joint Terrorism Task Force interviewed him, asking for details of the transaction and for information about Mr. Shahzad. It struck Mr. LaMonica as unusual, but he said detectives told him they were simply “checking everything out.”

Even more interesting is this report:

motherjones.com...

But a bigger question may be how long the feds had Shahzad in their sights and how he came to be there to begin with. The matter was addressed briefly at Wednesday's White House press briefing, when ABC News correspondent Jake Tapper asked Robert Gibbs about the passage in the Times story:

TAPPER: And do you have any response to reports that this individual Shahzad, Faisal Shahzad -- the Joint Terrorism Task Force did know about him, had been alerted about him years before?* Is there any new information you have about it?

GIBBS: Not that I'm aware of. No, not that I'm aware of. I have not seen that report. Let me take a look at it and see where the best place is --

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

The answer is easy, he thought the bomb would go off and destroy all the evidence left behind.

If I were to park a car on the side of a busy, busy street in NY, I would leave the flashers *on* so as NOT to attract attention.

Otherise, it was probably in a No Parking zone anyway, and not leaving the flashers on, which denotes it is parked there for an emergency, and police would be *more* likely to approach the vehicle. If anything, most people would assume the person will be coming right back.

Leaving it running, to most anyone, means "I will be right back!".

Those two things combined to most anyone mean "I will be right back!"

I think those two actions, along with leaving the personal items in the SUV make perfect sense.

There are some simple presumptions that could be made. He bought the wrong kind of "fireworks" and thought M88's would act like M80's, and chain light from the fuse. They do not, they have to be lit individually.

He bought the wrong kind of fertilizer. Not a wild stretch there to someone from another country. Not a wild stretch his equivalent of Paki back yard trainging didn't give him necessary details, or perhaps he couldn't locate the kind he should have had and thought he could substitute.

There was also "black powder" in a coke can in the car, no idea if this was gunpowder or not. The fertilizer was alleged to have been in the lock box.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

What technology? The internet. Mainly his email address.

www.thestar.com...

And how would a bomb scare like this completely wipe the oil spill off people's minds? The Arizona immigration law and the oil spill are still the two biggest new stories. I haven't seen a thing about the bomb scare on TV.

For the people claiming they haven't heard the guy in the video wasn't a suspect, Bloomberg had warned that the man might not even be a suspect. He mentioned it was a hot day and he may have just been taking off his shirt.

www.nydailynews.com...

Him being on the no-fly list and still getting on the plane? Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. You're giving the people who work at airport security too much credit.

Seriously, this wasn't some conspiracy by the US to cover up the oil spill (nor was it BP doing it). It was simply a failed bombing by some wannabe terrorist. Even if it was to take the view away from the spill then why would they think a failed bombing would take view away from the biggest economic disaster ever? They would have actually blown something up.

And some believe the msm misinforms people. Why, then, wouldn't they still be covering the story? Instead they're all talking about the oil spill or immigration laws. Two things going on well before this failed bombing.

Anyways, there's my views. I'm 100% sure that this wasn't some setup in order to change focus away from the spill nor that this guy is just a patsy.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This was a dry run ,and could be called a Smoke and Mirrors Mission.
I do not believe it has anything to do with the Oil Spill .
I do however believe it has something to do with trying to make it look as if Obama has things under control ,I mean he has been campaigning for the next election since he took the oath of office .
He just fails to realize how many ppl have more knowledge of these issues than he ,or his cronies

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Some new stories

New U.S. anti-terror measures in place after bomb scare

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

Fox news making up this news headline? you be the judge

Times Square Bomb Suspect May Have Received Online Education in Jihad
www.foxnews.com...

AGAIN! The Taliban mentioned.
Bomb Suspect's Links to Pakistan Taliban Probed
online.wsj.com...

but whatever happened to this?

www.cbc.ca...

I guess after they arrested him, they might have tortured him to admit all these crimes against him.

Remember, there was a bald guy in the video, the guy the police arrested isn't.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They now have a picture of him in Times Square 100 yards from where the SUV was parked:

www.cbsnews.com...

A photo obtained exclusively by CBS News shows the would-be Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad with friends in Times Square, less than 100 yards from the spot where he abandoned an explosives-laden SUV Saturday.

The photo shows Faisal Shahzad standing on the far right with his wife, Huma Mian, and several other unidentified people. Sources tell CBS News the photo is believed to have been taken a year and a half to two years ago.

To date, most images of Shahzad have come from the Orkut.com social site, where his wife had a profile.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ericds

I have to agree with you.

People are too busy just screaming "false flag" to use some common sense.

They act like people can only pay attention to one topic at a time, and frankly, it is insulting if you think about it. It also denotes the simplicity of thought, "They are trying to distract you!'. Uhm, no. I think most people can have cohesive thoughts on more than one subject at a time. "False flag" is becoming about as useless a statement as "racism" is.

Events do not happen in singularity. News is 24/7 for a reason.

The focus of an event is up to the reader/interested party, the media is just there to entertain, and sometimes even lie. Most of the time, they just plain *get it wrong*.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You people better wake up and realize, we have been "attacked" on US soil 10 times since Obama took office.

Just because they refuse to label things as "terrorism" that clearly are doesn't change this fact.

This administration wants to whitewash terrorism and call it "man made disasters". Well, they can call it whatever they want, but it is still terrorism, and having anyone tell you otherwise is BS.

Terrorism is a psychological state of mind.

Terror attacks, fail or not, have the same effect, striking terror in the hearts and minds of people. Maybe you are not afraid, but there are plenty of people who are.

If this administration were to come forward with the honest truth, and just state openly the facts they tend to allow out in tidbits, the entire country would be in a panic.

They expect you *not* to put these pieces together, not to set them side by side, and not to come to the conclusion, *we are under attack* and it is not going to stop.

You may not consider this as a fact yet, but give it time.

And heaven forbid the day they start attacking our rural areas, and bombing our school buses and shopping centers and malls. Is this what it is going to take for the deniers to finally realize what is happening here?

edit to change made to man >.<

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

actually hes a Israeli Mossad Operative

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
They now have a picture of him in Times Square 100 yards from where the SUV was parked:

www.cbsnews.com...

A photo obtained exclusively by CBS News shows the would-be Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad with friends in Times Square, less than 100 yards from the spot where he abandoned an explosives-laden SUV Saturday.

The photo shows Faisal Shahzad standing on the far right with his wife, Huma Mian, and several other unidentified people. Sources tell CBS News the photo is believed to have been taken a year and a half to two years ago.

To date, most images of Shahzad have come from the Orkut.com social site, where his wife had a profile.

that photo doesn't prove anything

I still believe this was a false flag.

Again the first video showed a somewhat white bald guy, taking off his shirt.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Fourth, why did they first say that it was a white man in his 40s when the suspect later proved to be a ME man his his late 20s to early 30s.

Finally something hit me when they released the photo of the suspect.

I am not that good with grabbing still shots off video, but rest assured, there is many angles and shots where this suspect reveals a FULL HEAD OF HAIR. However, when you watch the video (below) you can see the suspect really has a receding hairline and a huge bald spot on the back of his head. I am really at a loss and would like the great people of ATS to help me with this anomaly.

This alone makes me question the story TPTB's story. Good one AAC

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Again.. the bald guy in the video ISN'T EVEN A SUSPECT.

The OP failed to do his homework, claimed that we were told the bald guy and the guy from Pakistan were supposed to be one and the same, then got a zillion stars and flags on nothing more than the inability to get his facts straight.

This entire thread is an insult to those who work so hard to research and present valid evidence to ATS.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by lernmore]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

that photo doesn't prove anything

I still believe this was a false flag.

The photo proves he was in Times Square before, and probably plotting where he was going to leave the SUV when he carried out his plan.

Again, Bloomberg even said the guy in the video was "a person of interest and may have nothing to do with this."

Ah yes the racist false flag omgz!one one! one

Most people are not so simple minded they cannot think of more than one thing at a time.

Selective reading much?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Seriously, I think the real false flags here are the posts screaming "false flag!"

You are distracting yourselves from the truth of the entire matter.

He is what he is, what the evidence says he is, and people need to face that.

The real distraction is the administration that wants you to not panic, refuses to call terrorism what it is, and hopes you *do* pay attention to other things, because if you knew and realized the impetus of what was really going on, you would be frightened.

Have an open mind, but not one so open that your brains fall out.

Not everything is a false flag, and the only real conspiracy here is the one by your own government to drive your thinking in any direction but the road that leads to terrorism being real in the United States.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
yay someone doesnt believe everything the news tells them *little happy dance*

Seriously though things like this piss me off, oh lets lie to the public once again, they wont notice

YOU KEEP LYING TO THE PUBLIC EVENTAULLY BAD THINGS HAPPEN, # it's like they think lying will make life all better

ATS makes me somewhat depressed sometimes because the people in charge all they do is "lie lie lie steal money, assasinate bunch of people, lie some more, then lie just for the hell of it to see what people will believe"

i mean come on, you have had your fun...let someone else have a turn lol kidding, but seriously lying isnt cool

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
if anyone would like to get an idea of what the media (all media) actually is and how its controlled to provide citizens with a custom designed reality that fits the agenda of its elite ownership et al check out a book called The Missing Times by Terry Hansen. well referenced and a real eye opener

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join