It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Rumors: Can Anyone Confirm or Deny?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

We hear - again from people who are reliable sources, but who we won't name in order to keep them from getting fired, is that there are a couple of parishes (county equivalents) in Louisiana which are preparing evacuation plans because people are being made sick by the smell of the oil and gas being blown onshore.

www.rense.com...

Does anyone know for sure if certain areas are being evacuated?
Are there any reports along the shorelines of people getting bad headaches or sick from fumes?

If people are evacuated, where would they be taken? Would this be a volunatry evacuation?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
If people are evacuated, where would they be taken? Would this be a volunatry evacuation?

FEMA will have some camps available some say....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I just checked CNN and Faux
and not a peep on MSM about it.

However, I do know that LA Governor asked
the Feds to call out the national Guard in LA
to help with this event. It may be related to
that order.

There is a thread about that here on ATS.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Nothing confirmed, but I did hear about the smell last week. Seems that if it was that strong last week, this week could be unbearable. Elderly people (with sensitive respiratory systems) I think would be the most at risk. Will stay tuned.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThraexX

Originally posted by Alethea

FEMA will have some camps available some say....

Yea, heard about those, just a few thousand of them isnt that so ? And there will not be one single american in those camps, so Ive been told over and over.. Let us see.. And, they dont need guns to getthe people in there....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It sounds like the guard has their hands full with chores.
www.defense.gov...

My concern is what is in the fumes that might be dangerous to breathe?

I heard something about compressed methane, but not sure if that is what it is or if it's something that would continue.

It would be good if someone had info on the hazards and any real danger of breathing the fumes and how far inland the fumes travel, how long until they dissipate, and are the fumes expected to be on-going for a period of time---how long? Does the gas continually come up with the oil or was it just in the initial phase of the blow?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Maybe an anonymous phone call to your local cops? Or even the media?

Yes, the fumes would be dangerous. You got a mask of sorts?

The other thing that i'm thinking, although i could be (hopefully am) wrong is when is storm season? What's the chance of a hurricane or somehing in the next few weeks?

If that's a possibility, get the hell out NOW.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The amount of destruction suggested by the article is crazy! .. It this is true we will see
- gas and food prices skyrocketing
- evacuations all over the world
- health problems

can anyone confirm the truth behind the article?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
They'll have to evacuate sometime in order to make sure nobody "accidentally" see's the nuke they'll use to plug the leak.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Some people simply don't like the smell of oil. If they hear or "think" it makes them sick, then they get sick.

Personally I would get tired of smelling it day and night.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
FEMA Im sure will move in to disarm and 'protect' the citizens... Why not, after all, after Katrina, we the people sat there and watched them do this without a peep.

Do we really think anythings changed? I wonder if anyone will stand when its a second, or a third and fourth city put under Martial Law...

I doubt it.

Im sure FEMA and the Fed Govt will have nice fully operational and staffed 'ReLocation Camps'...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

The camps are ALOT cheaper than footing the bill at motels for these people who are victims of disasters.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

rain would be good actually, and the hurricane season doesn't start until June

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

That is what Hitler made the masses believe before the Jews were marched into a death camp. I don't like the sound of relief in the form of a camp campaigned by our government.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If it makes it's way up the marshes to the channels and rivers, allot of people are going to be sick.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Cant confirm
but I can say oil wells are pretty dirty... not just oil coming up ya know...

There are several gases the flow up with the oil... H2S Hydrogen sulfide is very poisonous, one breath kills... has the smell of rotten eggs... heaver than air it likes to hang low to the ground... out in west Texas and SE NM they have wells that every once an a while burp H2S, their easy to spot, you see the dead cows around the wellhead...

if that's not bad enough no simple air-filter will remove it...Gasmasks, no good... when we worked around H2S we had to use positive pressure masks and self contained air, just like the firemen wear...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by assasinforfather

Here's hoping that we all remain vigilant and connected to the web.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Louisiana is a welfare state that survives on federal money. I would imagine they will whip up all sorts of reasons to get more free Obama bucks.

It is just another scam to consolidate power in Washington, DC.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
First, the source is rense. Second, the writer is creator of the web-bot project. These guys have made too many claims that didn't pan out in the least.

Fail.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Niteboy is in New Orleans, and I have seen other posters in other parts of LA. They should know if there are evacuationns. I know one poster was talking about the Emergency Rooms backing up with people having breathing problems.

My speculation is that they are advising to evacuate if you have any sort of ailment or breathing problem that may be exasberated by the smell. I doubt if it is mandatory.

Edit to add:
I U2U'd him with a link to this thread. He has been posting about the terrible smell for several days.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by getreadyalready]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join