It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

RIGHT ON!!!!! I couldn't have said that better!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilw85

People are ever more getting confused because people like yourself are trying to pull them away from whats right to follow what feels good. In your brother's case, he didn't KNOW he was gay, he merely felt the urge to mate with the same gender. Are you saying if I feel the urge to binge drink that I should follow what feels right? Ironically, of all of the gay people I know, not one is happy. They are all self-loathing, bitter, sensitive individuals. Homosexuality is a "sexual" choice and exposing children to it absolutely should be a crime. They can't even remain innocent anymore without people lobbying for their minds.

If ever there was a reason to initiate a system of "negative stars" this post of yours is it. Never have I seen so many lines of BS all in one place. There's just too much negativity, hatefulness and falsehoods there to cope with.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

But i dont have to worry, because i am sure in myself that religon is completly man made. Dont you think its strange that God is ignorant,arragont,hateful,spiteful? He sounds a bit like us doesn't he.

[my bold]

I disagree with you a bit here Jay. He doesn't sound like "us". He does sound very much like many of these "Christians" tho -- arrogant, hateful, spitefull.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

But i dont have to worry, because i am sure in myself that religon is completly man made. Dont you think its strange that God is ignorant,arragont,hateful,spiteful? He sounds a bit like us doesn't he.

[my bold]

I disagree with you a bit here Jay. He doesn't sound like "us". He does sound very much like many of these "Christians" tho -- arrogant, hateful, spitefull.

There so called "peaceful" religon, is not very peaceful at all. Look around, and you will find so much hate! And these people think that God is going to except them with these hateful views. The sad thing is, they do think God will except them. But the problem here is, they think God is a human being in thinking ways. You will never get through to people like this, like you wont get through to people blowing themselves up in the name of there God. They really think they are doing what God wants them to do. But like i said before, if the christian God is real, and all these hateful people are right, then i want to go to hell! I will not worship a God that is ignorant,arragont,hateful,spiteful. Actually, he sounds alot like the devil :/

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The bible is a great tool to spread hate, just like gay hate. Its all hate at the end of the day, just like the human race, which is driven by hate and power. Just look at the state of the world at the moment!
I am responding to member jay-morris' post.

The Bible is a great tool to spread hate when used by the ungodly.
The world is in such a sad state because we allow it to happen.
We elect self- serving politicians into office and whine when they
vote out our freedoms.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by mamabeth]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

That's nice of you to say... How does it make me wrong?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And there are alot of "ungodly" people out there, and they dont even know it. Its impossible for us humans to live in peace. I thought the "great book" told us to love one another, to live e in peace. And we cant even do that because people will twist what they read in the bible into what, you guessed it, Hate!

Thats why its such a dangerous tool, that gets used more for evil and good.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Jay-morris]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UruFist

Originally posted by 1xion325alpha
Well all I really have to say after reading all these bigotry filled comments, as a homo sexual myself:

Another bigot bites the dust!!!!

The unsympathetic view most of you show towards homosexuals, I show towards hate spreaders like that. Ya give what you get.

Btw boondock-saint - that preacher sold me his daughter because the bible told him to. I had to kill her because when I married her I found out she was not a virgin.

People view the one of the two articles in the bible mentioning gay people and obviously haven't read down a few verses to see what else their ancient scholar had to say about children and women. SELECTIVE READERS MUCH???
You have a freaky sexual preference. That's all.
We all have a sexual preference. I do as well. But, I am not going to create a group for it, and hand out paperwork about it, and try to jam it down the throats of American families, or march in a parade for it, or expect my government to take money away from the rest of the country, and route it to me and my group.
Get it?
You do not deserve any more consideration than anybody else with a favorite sexual preference.
It's your sex life. You should keep it private like everybody else. And, if you want to wave it out in the air, and somebody says something negative, that is your own fault, just as it would be a heterosexuals own fault if they did the same thing.
Your sexual preference is not considered "natural" to religion, or science. That is all there is to it.
If somebody wants to explain how they see that particular sexual preference, they are within their rights do so.

Just the way you are calling them "bigots", they are calling you a "sinner".

[edit on 3-5-2010 by UruFist]

[edit on 3-5-2010 by UruFist]

I think you are very wrong. Wrong morally and wrong in general. The "group" as you put it, is not some religious group. Its (not that I would expect you to understand given your comments) a way of being. You are born like it. You do not have a choice in the matter. Like being born blind. The cruel bit is that you can hide it unlike blindness. That means (due to comments like yours) you feel the need to hide it because its "unatural to god and nature". Lovely opinion NOT.

Sadly because you feel the need to hide it you do hide it. That makes it a "thing" when it does not need to be. So when a straight person walks down the street holding hands with their partner, we cant without getting looks. Because its unnatural and against god. We cant adopt kids easily because we have to consider what those children might have to endure at school give the fact that people like you are allowed to have opinions like "its unnatural and against science and god". We wouldnt want them to feel that had the right mummy and daddy come along they could have had a "normal" life instead everyone knows they have gay "unnatural and against science and god" parents.

Freedom of speech is something I agree with. I do not agree with the freedom to impact on others so that they feel victimised. The police officer is obliged to prevent that. They make a decision on whether something said in public may offend. If it "may" offend then they are permitted to take action.

If your not "unnatural and against science and god" I would suggest you do not have a valid perspective with which to form a decent opinion as to whether the comments made by the preacher would be offensive or not, to an unnatural person. How could you your str8. Lucky old normal you.

BTW god does not exists just so you know. Because if he did he made me in his image "as per the good, totally correct not wrong ever, book". But wait if he did, then god must be gay, or did the great lord made a mistake?

No wait that cant happen, unless he was human, no wait maybe nature went wrong, but then I wouldnt be against it but part of its diversity. pffff get a life.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilw85

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Bilw85
A preacher isn't allowed to preach in public because it hurts a few peoples feelings.

Yet, I have to see same sex couples holding hands and kissing in public. See propaganda everywhere about being "openminded". Turn on TV to see Rosie's big gay cruise. Even take a Cultural Diversity class at university that turns into nothing but a big homosexual awareness class.

I find it offensive that society is trying to teach my kids that this is Ok and normal. I have no problem with someone choosing to do this in private; but is it just me that feels it is being flaunted.

And before I hear the "animals do it in the wild, so it's natural" argument; they also eat their young, and eat their feces. Most animal homosexual activity in the wild is an act of dominance, which puts it in the category of rape.

Of course its a good thing to teach children about being gay, as some of them children will be gay and confused. My brother went through school knowing he was gay. Always scared that people would find out. So, yes, we need to teach children that this is not a bad thing, before the bible people get them anyway!

People are ever more getting confused because people like yourself are trying to pull them away from whats right to follow what feels good. In your brother's case, he didn't KNOW he was gay, he merely felt the urge to mate with the same gender. Are you saying if I feel the urge to binge drink that I should follow what feels right? Ironically, of all of the gay people I know, not one is happy. They are all self-loathing, bitter, sensitive individuals. Homosexuality is a "sexual" choice and exposing children to it absolutely should be a crime. They can't even remain innocent anymore without people lobbying for their minds.

So you can choose to have sex with the same gender and it would feel good to you.
Guess what? I have some news you're not gonna like!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I felt the need to reply to a particularly pathetic and uninformed post on this thread when I got to it. Sadly I did and read other posts much the same. Opinionated straight perspectives. Thankfully there are some informed postings and less informed posts but non the less disgusted at some of the less moral stances.

I would ask a moderator at what point are you going to step in and remind people that this is a conspiracy site instead of a sexuality site. I dont think that sexuality falls in the realms of conspiracy IMHO so could you please step in and sort this out before it turns into a hatred thread.

Finally I find the information on here fantastic and despite the odd individual being pompous on matters of spelling (yay for them), love coming here to read through it all.

How ever if I ever see such a disgusting show of stupidity and arrogant rubbish again on matters of sexuality with no intervention from the owners of the site, allowing matters to run amok again I will leave the site.

This is appalling, its UN Christian, its immoral and I have to say if their are UFO's and aliens and other races, the only reason they are not in full view of us all on a daily basis is not because they are conversing in secret with our governments. Its because we are such a bunch of disgusting mud dwelling cock roaches in how we treat each other, they probably think we would have them in chains in a week doing our cleaning.

And we probably would. If another race is able to read this thread, I ask you now, burn the earth to a walnut. There are some very good people, but sadly their deeds are over shadowed by the loathsome many. Who are allowed to breed not only other humans, but humans in their image. Lovely. A new race of hate filled humans.

Sad isnt it?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I may not agree with what he said, but I sure will defend his right to say it!

How sad that censorship has reached these levels in our society. He did nothing wrong, he was stating his opinion from a religious standpoint.

~Keeper

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1xion325alpha
Well all I really have to say after reading all these bigotry filled comments, as a homo sexual myself:

Another bigot bites the dust!!!!

The unsympathetic view most of you show towards homosexuals, I show towards hate spreaders like that. Ya give what you get.

Btw boondock-saint - that preacher sold me his daughter because the bible told him to. I had to kill her because when I married her I found out she was not a virgin.

People view the one of the two articles in the bible mentioning gay people and obviously haven't read down a few verses to see what else their ancient scholar had to say about children and women. SELECTIVE READERS MUCH???
How is he a bigot? All he said was homosexuality is a sin. That's all he said. He didn't say that they were going to hell, he didn't say that we should kill them all, he isn't saying that they're sick and disgusting, and he especially isn't talking about their supposed "agenda". All he said was that it's a sin, and seeing how this was in fact, one person he was talking to, he wasn't spreading hate at all. And this is coming from a guy who hates religion. Maybe in your mind he said all of those things, but reality says otherwise. Making comments like these does nothing but prove the points of those who think homosexuals are shoving their lifestyle down our throats.

Originally posted by Tykonos
They should lock him up for insanity.

If you treat a belief as a proven fact and start preaching hate towards people who don't share your belief then where do you draw the line?
Except he wasn't treating it as a fact at all, and he wasn't preaching hate. Please read the article before posting.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by technical difficulties]

[edit on 4-5-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by Tykonos

You are so wrong, he was actually preaching hate towards a section of society. It wasn't just his opinion he was giving to a mate.

How was he preaching hate? His belief and opinion is against gays, and that is his right to feel that way. He was not denying anyone a civil right. In FACT his civil rights were just trompled upon. I dont understand how this fact escapes one.

It was this guys right to voice his opinions just as it is the cops right to pull rope, or dance with the slippery clam which ever be the case if he/she likes. This preacher was not out asking people to commit violence upon gays, but rather just stating his beliefs. When you decide to live as a homosexual then you expected ridicule it just comes with the territory. The cop should be fired for abuse of power. I suspect he will be on the giving end of a large settlement very soon, as people are undoubtedly up in arms here.

You homos might consider that by limiting free speech and trying to dictate your philosophy as law, will bite you in the ass “no pun intended”. Just because you push certain speech underground does not change its impact one bit. Enjoy the freedoms you have now, and approach those issues which prevent you from enjoying the same benefits that same sex couples enjoy. I am all in support of securing rights for homosexual couples, but I will never support laws which limit religious expression and free speech.

Just 15-20 years ago many had to keep their way of life hidden. When I was young we used to attend bible meeting at an apartment in Hooks Texas. The preachers name was Phil. Many years later when Phil died it came to light that Phil was a female. I am sure many knew but I never did. I hate the thought that Phil had to hide her way of life and I can only imagine the troubles she faced throughout her long life. I also have some family members who are gay, and yes I call them fags, homos, you name it. None of them care in the least, and even if they did screw em. If your gonna be a peter puffer then expect some ridicule ya faggot. On that note I like buttering my ass and lollypops in my mouth. By saying it openly I would expect some ridicule and I am ok with that.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

Good then, because religous people should take the ridicule too. Difference is, gays are real, God is not. So, religon is not important to me and never has been.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Most people that are so vocal about thier hate of the Bible, or disbelief in God, are doing it because they are so terrified by the concepts inside. Usually, concepts that they cannot understand. Or, because certain behaviors and actions are described as "evil" or wrong. Behaviors and actions that the person is engaged in. So, of course they need the Bible to be wrong, or evil or flawed, otherwise it might mean that they are at fault, are sinners, or are engaged in wrong actions.

The sad thing is, that if they stopped listening to the anti-Bible BS out there, and just looked a little deeper, with more of an open mind, they would see that it isn't about being condemned for evil activity.
It's about being forgive. And, that it IS ok, and "human" to do such things.
It's about things being "OK".
But, first, people have to realize that the human factor might be flawed, but a good message can still be found.

There's something about talking snakes and virgins getting pregnant without sex that does tend to frighten me, yes, lol.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Edit: I may be wrong as the filter didn't work?
to ATS if they have fixed this inconsistency.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Nutter]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Most people that are so vocal about thier hate of the Bible, or disbelief in God, are doing it because they are so terrified by the concepts inside. Usually, concepts that they cannot understand. Or, because certain behaviors and actions are described as "evil" or wrong. Behaviors and actions that the person is engaged in. So, of course they need the Bible to be wrong, or evil or flawed, otherwise it might mean that they are at fault, are sinners, or are engaged in wrong actions.

The sad thing is, that if they stopped listening to the anti-Bible BS out there, and just looked a little deeper, with more of an open mind, they would see that it isn't about being condemned for evil activity.
It's about being forgive. And, that it IS ok, and "human" to do such things.
It's about things being "OK".
But, first, people have to realize that the human factor might be flawed, but a good message can still be found.

There's something about talking snakes and virgins getting pregnant without sex that does tend to frighten me, yes, lol.

Yeah, its funny how these "stories" totally fitted in with the times they were told lol. It is so obvious to me that the bible is bullsh*t.

World made in six days - wrong
If we were to believe the Bible, then we would have to believe the Earth was created before the stars, which is the wrong order. If the stars were created 10,000 years ago, we wouldn't be able to see stars that are more than 10,000 light years away. That's because if a star was further away than 10,000 light years, the light from that star wouldn't have got here yet. Our galaxy alone is about 100,000 light years across. If the Bible were true, we wouldn't be able to see but 1/10th the way across our own galaxy. We surely wouldn't be able to see other galaxies or galactic clusters or know that the universe is expanding. The authors had limited knowledge of the nature of the universe and wrote the Bible based on what they believed at the time, its as simple as that!

They didn't know the Earth was round and that it orbited the Sun, which is a star among billions of stars in the galaxy, which is but one galaxy in billions of galaxies that have existed for billions of years. To them, the world was flat. There was up and there was down and God lived in the sky. They didn't know the world was round and there was no such thing as "up". They didn't know that the sky was a thin layer of gas that surrounds the surface of this planet. We have been to the sky and we have been above the sky and God isn't living there.

But no matter what you say, these people just will not listen
But they are more than willing to ignore the false crap in the bible, just so they can turn certain sentences into hate.

Oh, by the way. Please show me evidence that the bible says being gay is a sin?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I may not agree with what he said, but I sure will defend his right to say it!

How sad that censorship has reached these levels in our society. He did nothing wrong, he was stating his opinion from a religious standpoint.

~Keeper

I agree to a certain extent. But, what would have been done to him had he replaced "homosexual" with "Jew"?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Nutter]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well it does say that we're supposed to be put to death, but then so are people that eat shellfish, wear clothes made of more than one fabric, adulterers and naughty children.

So I take it as BS just like everything else in that book, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join