It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the horses mouth. The truth comes out on Obama's birth origin.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
During the annual White House Correspondents Dinner, The President of The United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama, made some jokes to the politicians media and celebrities in attendance.

Among those jokes was one about his birth origin.

"It's been quite a year,'' said Obama, making his second appearance at the correspondents' dinner. "Lots of ups, lots of downs, except for my approval ratings, which have just gone down. But that's politics. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I know my approval ratings are still very high in the country of my birth.''

Of course we all know that in every joke is a little bit of truth. So what does this admission mean? Is it a red haring or is it the truth straight from the horses mouth?

The entire speech:

EDIT: ADDED VIDEO

[edit on 2-5-2010 by chrisrand]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No Obama fan here. But anything said at these types of dinners shouldn't be taken seriously.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
No Obama fan here. But anything said at these types of dinners should be taken seriously.

I assume you meant shouldn't be taken seriously. But like I said before, there is a little truth in every joke.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
can you post a link to a video of this?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisrand

Originally posted by Carseller4
No Obama fan here. But anything said at these types of dinners should be taken seriously.

I assume you meant shouldn't be taken seriously. But like I said before, there is a little truth in every joke.

Thanks for the correction!

You are right though, good humor requires a little bit of truth for it to be effective.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisrand

Hate the man for his policies.

Hate the man for his car salesman smile.

But the Birth Place issue is dead.

Move on.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Move on.

Right on! I mean, how much money does Obama have to spend to put this behind him? Give the guy a break. Right?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah that's definitely similar to Bush joking about not finding the WMD in Iraq -- joking about genocide!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Ummm... Source?!

This would be a very interesting statement if true.

You can't just say that without intentionally trying to divide people.

The people that think he's legit will say obviously he's joking and poking fun at the 'fringe'' birthers'

And the people that are actually researching the suspicious man will say this is an admission of guilt...

So source would be nice.

edit to add: here is one story:LAt imes

[edit on 2-5-2010 by beebs]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by beebs]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Many a true word is spoken in jest. - Old adage.

Be nat wrooth, my lord, though that I pleye. Ful ofte in game a sooth [truth] I have herd seye!
[c 1390 Chaucer Monk's Prologue l. 1964]

Manie suith word said in bourding [jesting].
[a 1628 J. Carmichaell Proverbs in Scots no. 1099]

Many a true word hath been spoke in jest.
[c 1665 in Roxburghe Ballads (1890) VII. 366]

‘I did a very foolish thing yesterday.’‥‘They say, many a true Word's spoken in Jest.’
[1738 Swift Polite Conversation i. iii.]

There actually are Johannis churches here‥as well as Apollinaris ones. ‥There is many a true word spoken in jest.
[1898 G. B. Shaw Widower's Houses i. in Plays Pleasant & Unpleasant I. 10]

By the time we have finished I expect we shall have a dozen or more [children]. ‥Many a true word is spoken in jest.
[1979 D. Lessing Shikasta 356]

From answers.com, link above.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel

Yeah that's definitely similar to Bush joking about not finding the WMD in Iraq -- joking about genocide!

You need to look up the definition of genocide. Invading another country does not constitute genocide.

Yeah Obama knows the truth and he is narcisstic enough to think he can get off by making a joke about it.

To the OP... are you sure your thread was titled correctly? Did you means horses mouth or the horses @$$?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by SlickOil]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

His US ratings are still pretty high. That's what it means. do try to keep up.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Move on.

If it is indeed dead, it continues to res-erect itself.
And it will not lay down, until fully disclosed.
It's kind of like JFK, 9/11 and UFO's. There IS something, but the
fog of plausible deniability is obscuring the truth.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wish I could ask President Obama for his source that states....

Lots of Ups

I haven't seen em.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This puke is laughing at American dupes and how easily they are duped. You have seen it here, they ignore the overwhelming evidence and just resort to name calling and ridicule. And we wonder why the country is circling the toilet bowl...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
as a citizen, anything i say can and will be used against me in a court of law. its all up to interpretation, and that was a low blow by him i'd say.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
can you post a link to a video of this?

Your right I should have posted a video to begin with. I added it to the post. Enjoy!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisrand
During the annual White House Correspondents Dinner, The President of The United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama, made some jokes to the politicians media and celebrities in attendance.

Among those jokes was one about his birth origin.

"It's been quite a year,'' said Obama, making his second appearance at the correspondents' dinner. "Lots of ups, lots of downs, except for my approval ratings, which have just gone down. But that's politics. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I know my approval ratings are still very high in the country of my birth.''

Of course we all know that in every joke is a little bit of truth. So what does this admission mean? Is it a red haring or is it the truth straight from the horses mouth?

When I heard that joke, I thought "Okay, who will say this has some deep meaning to it?"

Then I thought "Where will I find someone who thinks this is a bombshell?"

Of course, I came to ATS and was not disappointed.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Seeing as how all of his jokes were written by the "Daily Show" writing staff, I'm not surprised by this crack at all. He never misses a chance to mock those who don't trust him or believe him.

He is just fanning the flames...and it worked

Anything goes at these events and nothing can be taken seriously of course because anything he says is an automatic mulligan.

new topics

top topics

join