It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man 'hasn't eaten, drunk in 70 years'

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Dagar.....

Thank you for your thoughtful & well expressed reply.

As per my previous posts:

It is impossible for someone to survive for 70 years without eating or drinking.

I don't trust the medical team that is supposedly going to publish these results.

Therefore like you, I will want to see any positive results repeated & verified by a credible institution with a credible team & the results published for robust & thorough examination in a peer-reviewed journal.

I don't believe that will ever happen.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
An interesting thing is that seeing as he didnt urinate then theres no way he could have had a big drink before he went to hospital/lab to start the tests.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
An interesting thing is that seeing as he didnt urinate then theres no way he could have had a big drink before he went to hospital/lab to start the tests.

Polarwarrior.....

I agree.....it's all just silly.

I've been in the medical game all my life.

If you want to discuss kidney function, etc... then in the past week alone I've met with 4 professors of nephrology as part of a project I am getting up & running.

It's all just a hoax by the old guy & the Drs who are involved with this because they think this will get them attention, on the lecture circuit, etc...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Polarwarrior.....

I agree.....it's all just silly.

If you want to discuss kidney function, etc... then in the past week alone I've met with 4 professors of nephrology as part of a project I am getting up & running.

It's all just a hoax by the old guy & the Drs who are involved with this because they think this will get them attention, on the lecture circuit, etc...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

Well, it comes down to this. Either he can do this, or the scientfic team is lying. I will keep an open mind on this until we see what happens. I remember watching a documentry about a boy who was meditating under a tree. A british team went out there to watch him, and he did not eat anything for weeks or drink. The mind is a very powerful thing, and there is so much we don't know.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Well, it comes down to this. Either he can do this, or the scientfic team is lying. I will keep an open mind on this until we see what happens.

There's being open-minded which is good, and then there's being so open minded your brain falls out which is not good. I think the latter applies to believe a story like this one.

(See my signature...
)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Well, it comes down to this. Either he can do this, or the scientfic team is lying. I will keep an open mind on this until we see what happens.

There's being open-minded which is good, and then there's being so open minded your brain falls out which is not good. I think the latter applies to believe a story like this one.

(See my signature...
)

Read what i wrote! What i said was right. Im not saying he can do this, but i always keep an open mind until proved other wise. There is only one way that this is false, and that is if the medical team are lying. If they are lying, then that will come out in the end. Like i said about the boy meditating under the true. He was filmed by a bbc documentery team. Were they lying too?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a possible explanation is that, if it is "do-able", to put himself into a self induced coma while meditating? i'm not sure, or some kind of shock, so he can shut down his body. which could explain his 25 year old brain also.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
a possible explanation is that, if it is "do-able", to put himself into a self induced coma while meditating? i'm not sure, or some kind of shock, so he can shut down his body. which could explain his 25 year old brain also.

To be honest, it could have been any scientific team, and the same people would be saying the same stuff. This needs to be proven a hoax before people start saying it is. Thats how it normally works.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

(See my signature...
)

... and there's been close-minded which is not so good, and then there's been so close minded you become a laughable parody of what a true sceptic should be. I think the latter applies to a few around here.

(my signature is irrelevant to this situation ...
)

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
In advanced forms of Yoga its entirely normal to train full body control, and that includes doing without food and drink for a long time. There are hundreds of Yogis alive who can do this.

Someone going mass-media with it may be a fraud, because actually the real cases dont want to be known. Being observed by doubting thomases actually impairs the ability.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar

(See my signature...
)

... and there's been close-minded which is not so good, and then there's been so close minded you become a laughable parody of what a true sceptic should be. I think the latter applies to a few around here.

(my signature is irrelevant to this situation ...
)

Thats what these people dont understand, or will never admit. Being so closed minded or being too open minded, to the point where you believe most things, are basically the same. Kind of the same belief system they are sing. Being a skeptic, you will look at this the way i have. Either he is doing this, or the medical team are lying. So, its all about finding the truth. But if you believe it straight away, or deny it straight away, then thats your belief system kicking in im afraid.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

But you havent been in the Yoga game all your life.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
In advanced forms of Yoga its entirely normal to train full body control, and that includes doing without food and drink for a long time.

It depends on what you mean by a long time. A week seems like a long time to go without food but people can survive longer if they drink water, perhaps a few months.

If we were talking about how many weeks or months I could understand the debate, but 70 years isn't even debatable.

Thats what these people dont understand, or will never admit. Being so closed minded or being too open minded, to the point where you believe most things, are basically the same. Kind of the same belief system they are sing. Being a skeptic, you will look at this the way i have. Either he is doing this, or the medical team are lying. So, its all about finding the truth. But if you believe it straight away, or deny it straight away, then thats your belief system kicking in im afraid.

Yes some people were open-minded about the Cottingley fairies , and in some cases people continued to believe even after the hoax was admitted many years later.

Technically speaking all beliefs require the same amount of evidence, but we already have extraordinary evidence that people can't live a long time without water (or water containing food), so convincing us to change our beliefs about that will take some truly extraordinary evidence indeed. From www.wildsurvival.com:
www.answerbag.com...

Without water you will last about 2 1/2 days at 48C (120F) if you spend the whole time resting in the shade, though you could last as long as 12 days if the temperature stays below 21C (70F).

With water, but no food, hunger strikers have survived a little over 40 days; some people put 8 weeks as the upper limit.

I've heard of people surviving a week without water, 12 days is a really long time though to go without water.

If you drink water and you're really fat, I don't see why you couldn't live longer than 8 weeks digesting your own fat. But still these aren't getting anywhere close to 70 years.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Skyfloating.....

I don't disbelieve that advanced yoga techniques could help somebody eat & drink less or even nothing for a modest period of time, as measured in days.

However, it is absolutely impossible for someone not to eat or drink for 70 years, as per the title of this thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
hey anything can be faked, just look at Pen and Tellar! I'm just telling what I watched, and I'm no idiot. I'm just not prepared to right something off just because I don't understand it or how it could be possible. The world is full of stories about people who didn't listen to the phrase "It can't be Done" without them we wouldn't have half the toys we have now.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by k0mbination
hey anything can be faked, just look at Pen and Tellar!

Or look at the "flying Yogi". I know how the flying yogi flies but I don't have all the details about how a fasting yogi avoids starvation, though I imagine the techniques mirror those of the "flying yogi".

What you know is more important than how long you've been at it.

Check out this flying yogi:

www.moillusions.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/101bcb294a68.jpg[/atsimg]

I've seen video of Yogi's who've been trying their whole lives to levitate as well as this guy and still can't do it. But I can levitate exactly like the flying yogi in that photo and I've only taken about 3 or 4 yoga classes, none of which covered levitation. You just have to know the secret.

Sometimes people's desire to believe the unbelievable overpowers their common sense.

Sure we can see the guy is levitating, but contrary to popular opinion, seeing is NOT believing!!!

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Or look at the "flying Yogi". I know how the flying yogi flies but I don't have all the details about how a fasting yogi avoids starvation, though I imagine the techniques mirror those of the "flying yogi".

www.moillusions.com...

I've seen video of Yogi's who've been trying their whole lives to levitate as well as this guy and still can't do it. But I can levitate exactly like the flying yogi in that photo and I've only taken about 3 or 4 yoga classes, none of which covered levitation. You just have to know the secret.

Sometimes people's desire to believe the unbelievable overpowers their common sense.

Sure we can see the guy is levitating, but contrary to popular opinion, seeing is NOT believing!!!

Yes, i have seen that bloke before. The thing is, if we were to go up to him and investigate, then we would realise that he was not levitating, but sitting on a thin slate, connected to the stick. But with the the case where the man has not eaten, we have medical people studying him.

So, what we have to do is find out if the medical team are telling the truth, or not. And for that, we need proof either way.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

www.moillusions.com...

Yes, i have seen that bloke before. The thing is, if we were to go up to him and investigate, then we would realise that he was not levitating, but sitting on a thin slate, connected to the stick. But with the the case where the man has not eaten, we have medical people studying him.

So, what we have to do is find out if the medical team are telling the truth, or not. And for that, we need proof either way.

Jay-morris.....

As per my previous statements in this thread:

I don't trust the medical team that is investigating this guy.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Maybe...maybe not

And you could be right, and most prob right, but to put it to bed, we need to know if this is the case. Im waiting until they release the results, and see where it goes from there. If you are right, then the truth will come out.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I found this update though I hesitate to post it since it has the Sun logo under the FoxNews heading:

www.foxnews.com...

If that article is right, it doesn't matter what the scientists say, they ended the experiment after 15 days which is 3 days more than the 12 day estimate I just posted about how long someone can live without water. Now I'd like to know WHY they ended the experiment after 15 days, because I thought it would last at least 21 days from reading the article linked in the OP.

If they had kept him in isolation another 2 weeks I'd be eating my words, but going without water 15 days instead of the 12 day estimate I posted only makes me say, the scientists must know it's baloney to end the experiment so soon. However it might show what MMN said could be true, that using Yoga techniques, a yogi can go a little longer than the rest of us without water, maybe the average person would have lasted 12 days and the yogi lasted an extra 3 days due to meditation or what not. But 15 days is a far cry from 70 years and apparently 15 days is all we're going to get if that article is right.

However if you can find another update from a more reliable source, please post it, I don't really trust the Sun.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Arbitrageur]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join