It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty for Illegals would broaden the tax base.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Last time they did Amnesty, illegal immigration increased by 300 percent after!
Statistics now show that 10 percent of the population of Mexico has now come here illegally. That is a LOT!

Amnesty did not work last time, why would it now ? Did not solve anything? No, it got worse.

At this rate we will have half of Mexico here. We can not afford to support an entire country! We can not even support ourselves . I am in my late 30's. There will be no SS that I paid my entire life into.

What about the schools? The states can not afford classes to teach people English. With Amnesty and rules that require this, where will the money come from?

I live in Arizona. My daughters school has dropped ALL extracurricular activity. They did not even takes the aimes test this year because the county schools here could not afford it!! I am in an area where the the schools here
have a lot of illegals. I know they are. My daughters classmates tell her so even. They are at 4 days school week, and now are going to reduce more days. The classes are up to 40 students per class with one teacher.
Drugs are high. Crime is high. A ten year old just stabbed another student there last week. Drugs are all over the schools here.

I live next to the Sanctuary city of Eloy. They do not even have their own school, so their kids comet to our towns school, and have a lot do not speak English. The schools are so far behind it is pathetic and I can not afford private school.

No amnesty. Already been there and done that.
In my opinion, those who want amnesty are here illegal, or know people who are . There are a LOT that are, so they cry is great!

My grandparents came here from Lithuania LEGALLY. They learned English.
The respect the county, they do not look for free hand outs. They do not
carry a Russian Flag, they went through due process. They were not rich either.

They were dirt poor when they first came here. My mother lived in a basement of a home they rented when she was born.
They worked, saved, and bought a house 10 years later.

My parents then had a better life, than theirs.

So if you want to come here, do it legally! The process would NOT take so long if all the cheaters would stop jumping the border and tying up time and resources . Then we COULD process the correct way.

I am also tired of politics of the minority leading the majority.
This whole system needs an overhaul, and there is going to be some serious
repercussions of this crap does not stop. Every bill I see pass is against what
the people want. When the people want something it is struck down.
Media has a lot to do there, who is paid for by special interest.

We need to stop dealing with Mexico, until they can get their own country together. We can go to war in a county far away for far less.
We need to send troops to our borders.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Amnesty did not work last time, why would it now ? Did not solve anything? No, it got worse.

Amnesty cannot be done unless the border is absolutely secure. It is not secure now.

We solve the problem with the border first otherwise any other laws will be nothing but destructive.

Once we can get that resolved, then we look into what options there are to fix the situation.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Amnesty cannot be done unless the border is absolutely secure. It is not secure now.

We solve the problem with the border first otherwise any other laws will be nothing but destructive.

Once we can get that resolved, then we look into what options there are to fix the situation.

Actually, I think you are ahead of yourself. You can not secure the border without money and trained man power. You must cut spending (as this will be a costly project) and you must get men to do it.

A simple solution is to get the Sea Bees (much cheaper) to do it and we save more money by closing down overseas bases and relocating the military here at home.

<< 1   >>

join