It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech Of The New Wave Of The Future...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
...Of Boards. What kind of boards? Hear me out.

Hear this introduction out first:

When someone has a short story to tell I'd like to hear it in their voice. I'd like to see what a storyteller they make by their being vocal with it.

So I really like the idea I'm abut to tell another way as you may tell. I'd like to do a short, steamy love novel by phoning it in. Have the ladies going crazy over my voice and my short, steamy love novel.

I tell you, you guys who'd front on this idea would be acting like you don't know what you'd be missing out on with this idea come true.

If you like doing journels, then you should really like to express your's vocally by a phone-in. If you like making poems, then you should really like making your's vocal by a phone-in.

Sometimes it's going to be like screw smilies, when you can have real emotion behind a voice for a change. And if you like to sing, hey, someone might notice you and seek to give you a record deal where you can make royalties.

Now, on to the grand idea that would be technology related:

So I have an idea where somebody can make more money than just by ads on their website. You know voice mail, right? Well, if somebody would make a site where its half about free to post messages and half about pay-per-call thread starting (and pay-per-call respond-to-thread posting) via an advanced voice mail system that automatically uploads voice mail onto a site (maybe it can even be a sister site of voice mail forum discussion type to a big brother site of regular message board forum discussion).

The cost to start a thread would cost more than the cost to reply. I'd be willing to make pay-per-threads and pay-per-posts, to even support freedom of speech, if they indeed do get to be vocal related to come across like audiobooks do.

What do you other members think so far? Would you be willing to make vocal threads/vocal posts that spare you from having to write in proper english?... That spare you from not being able to get your point across crystal clear like how it may not be when writing sometimes?

Besides, who wouldn't want to hear an OP's voice for a change? Who wouldn't want to hear my voice?
I can have such the voice of a talented audiobook personality when I want to emphasize or stress what I'm speaking about.

But how will threads be labeled, you ask? Maybe they shouldn't, to have the sister site (voice mail board) be different from its big brother site (message board). Threads on the sister site would come across just like a Cracker Jack's box, where one has to dig into it to find out what kind of a prize they get. Or maybe a moderater could help give threads a title after the pay-per-voice mail has been uploaded automatically. Anyway, the caller should be given a pin number to their topic started. And that pin number would be on the topic for many to see so that a person who wants to reply may do so with that pin number to input into the voice mail system upon calling in. So yes, the system would have to be automated.

Itunes charges $1.99 for an episode of a tv show. And .99 cent to $1.24 for a single song. Hey, maybe somebody could also make prepaid phone cards for their sister site, that are made to order from their big brother site's store. A pay-per-call to start a thread could cost $1.99 for the first minute, and .99 each additional minute. And a pay-per call to post a reply could cost $1.24 for the first minute and .99 cent for each additional minute.

The caller would state the title they want to give their topic first, then the caller would get right into their topic, and then finally the caller would signature it verbally at the end. They could say something at the end like, "This thread is by Tormentations."

Anyway, I think this idea come true would bring a new dynamic to both the world wide web and the telephone in the future.

There may be people out there that have something urgently important to share of the topic realm that just can't at the time get to a computer with internet access. They may really find a voice mail system, how my idea is describing, most useful.

No one thinks this is the future?!!

I think voice mail boards are going to be the wave of the future some day. Better to be first to jump start on it, I say. They'll be called voice mail boards that are pay-per thread/post discussion forums.

The idea is also that it needs to be so that one may call just to hear some person's voice mail thread (and the voice mail replies it got) over the phone by way of some kind of a pin number assigned automatically to the voice mail thread that the voice mail thread starter also recieves at the time of their call to start a voice mail thread. Hey, there would have to be a cost to hear like that too. Say, $1.24 for the first minute, .99 cent for each additional minute. I also think the idea will call for a limit in the length of minutes an audiobook styled voice mail thread can be. Like 11 minutes max. Face it, if you write too much, no one will feel like reading, but if you speak too much it's a different story because people will listen. "A lazy reader is a good listener."--Tormentations

And, still, the big brother site, or big brother aspect, would allow free postings while its sister site, or sister aspect, would cost. The difference is one aspect is type related, and the other is voice related.

If I had the money to start a site of my own I'd start one of these joint regular message boards/voice mail boards I'm talking about. At least then I wouldn't have to relie on ads, but could still have ads on my site to the side lines.

Voices will become strong by the idea upon it coming true. Hey, there are people that say we don't really have a voice, but now, with this idea due to come true some day, we'll have a voice to be heard world wide.

To the tech savvy which like the grand idea of mine also:

Get to it if you're into trend setting technology that changes the face of the world wide web, because if your Online Forums Statistics say it's a total of 190,212 members (currently) like ATS says... And each of those members makes one voice mail thread (because they want to or because they support the site) that lasts, say, for a full 11 minutes (say that's the max before a call termination) at the cost of $1.99 for the first minute and .99 cent for each additional minute, then that would be a total of $11.89 times a total of 190, 212 members. Which equals a smooth $2,261,620.68.

Prosperous! And no, I'm not a money blocker like some people may seem to be. And I think people should have a voice of free speech, unlike some people who think people shouldn't have their voice of free speech heard. The fun thing is, is that the sister site wouldn't end its big brother site for you who like to type or text. No, the idea is that it would be a sister site. So I don't see how anyone in their right mind will have a solid reason behind why not to like the idea. Go figure, huh? Even maybe this site isn't some people's favorite site, to why they don't want to see the site owner prosper. Beats me.

I know that that two million and something sounds about SWEET!

Continued....

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Reality check:

Youtube doesn't respect freedom of speech. And the upload would be made automatic by a simple automated pay-per phone call. Plus, here with this idea you'd be looking out for people who have no internet access (or lost it) that would like to post something that would of course be vocal. Yeah, what about those people? Why wouldn't somebody care about them who should have a voice in the world wide web or even the world for that matter?

Plus, the sister site wouldn't be it's big brother site. No, it would be as though on its own site. So it shouldn't be a not 'terrible to implement' type of thing. You know there would be a link of course to it from its big brother site somewhere in somehow.

The money aspect wont take away its big brother site's 'free to post' aspect. So keep your mind off of that. And the money aspect to the sister site would make for good support money.

What would there be wrong with a site owner making money in the board field (a board field tied to a phone field)? Are there really money-blocking people to why there are people that can't make money these days? Money blocking other people isn't cool.

A pay-per voice mail thread/post would grant people their freedom of speech. Not where any Tom, Dick, and Harry can just easily make sure your message is taken down. And we know live chat doesn't respect freedom of speech. You can get kicked off. Plus, on live chat you can't really form a topic that remains up after you're gone so that you may come back to it and see the replies to it, you know?

Edit:

O, and if it's automated, how it should be, the caller should be able to choose which section to put their voice mail thread under, that is, if there are some sections on the sister site in how it's set up.

PS

I know certain of you are tired of spelling errors you have to go back for to fix when it may be too late. And I know cetain of you tire of the trolls. Would a troll go way out the way to pay to make a post just to come across as a troll? Well you never know how far certain people will go, but the idea would put a damper on trollism being such the thread plague.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Make your U-Tube video and post it on ATS .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering ATS` international user base , a text format may better suit those whose first language is not English .

==============================================

Tormentations

I'd like to do a short, steamy love novel by phoning it in. Have the ladies going crazy over my voice and my short, steamy love novel.

You best get cracking on your u-tube video mate..... best not keep the ladies waiting

Thanks for coming up with so many ways to part me from my cash though .

No need to reinvent the wheel : Tormentations

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Did you read my continuation thread? It's about sites like Youtube. Run, quick, see.

I'd rather trust my freedom of speech is going to remain up on a site by paying up what I'm willing than to put my freedom of speech peice on some free site that might take it down just because every Tom, Dick, and Harry got a damn problem with what I said.

A voice mail board would indeed disclaimer that you listen at your own risk to freedom of speech because none of that which is uploaded automatically on a voice mail board is going to be taken down by complaint. That ends anyone even thinking about complaining to try to get someone's free speech taken down.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Did you read my continuation thread? It's about sites like Youtube. Run, quick, see.

I'd rather trust my freedom of speech is going to remain up on a site by paying up what I'm willing than to put my freedom of speech peice on some free site that might take it down just because every Tom, Dick, and Harry got a damn problem with what I said.

A voice mail board would indeed disclaimer that you listen at your own risk to freedom of speech because none of that which is uploaded automatically on a voice mail board is going to be taken down by complaint. That ends anyone even thinking about complaining to try to get someone's free speech taken down.

If your "free speech" breaks ATS terms and conditions , it would be taken down too . U tube and ATS are privately owned , we are here as guests and as such we must abide by their rules .

Run, quick, see.

Tormentations indeed !

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

If your "free speech" breaks ATS terms and conditions , it would be taken down too . U tube and ATS are privately owned , we are here as guests and as such we must abide by their rules.

I know that. But out of respect for a person who pays up on, say, a voice mail board, I take it people wouldn't have any terms and conditions extended off their big brother site (regular message board) to their sister site (a voice mail board). The only thing to follow when on a voice mail board would be not rules but the law so you wont be subject to a prosecution in a court of law. So again, that disclaimer should be up that a listener listens at their own risk to what is freedom of sheech expressions.

I tell you what is no longer a secret, if you really want to threaten somebody, you'd put it in the art form of, say, a song that sounds like a song on a voice mail board. And that means you have not broken the law because a song is classified as art and entertainment. Movies get away with making threats all the time, why?, because it's art and entertainment. I made a topic not too long ago about this secret that isnt a secret any longer. You see rap stars making diss records that talk about how they are going to do in their rival, but you see no arrests being made. Why? Because rap songs are under art and entertainment.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Telephone tied more into the internet will be the wave of the future! A telephone-in makes it easy so you won't need some computer or a microphone or an internet access (or wi-fi). This is it folks. You heard it here from me first.

I can think of some cool voice mail board sections being: "short romance novels," "short stories," "hook up and connect" (would beat e-harmony hands down), "roll call," (where you call in to flow, say, a rap song you wrote to an automatedly selected beat), "voice personalities on topic" (where you do like a radio personality on serious and fun topics. And where you can have a talk show type of thing up and going in vocal topic format), "VIP section" (where it costs more to phone in but provides you with more minutes), etc. Well, at least that's what I'd have on my sister site which would be such the voice mail board. People are going to make a fortune on voice mail sister boards that link from their big brother message boards that have high traffic.

A thing I know is that a person can cover more ground being vocal than more ground in typing/texting. But I think you all know this as an honest fact.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is ATS really the place to look for funding for your business idea? I'm not really sure how many suckers you think you hook with your business pitch, but count ME out.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

More like a pitch for tech to advance. You have a problem with advancements in technology? Or do you just a problem with advancements to the world wide web?

You sould like you dont like free speech. And you sould like a wanna-be money blocker.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Nowhere in my very short reply did I say I was against advancements of ANY kind--tech or otherwise. Life is about advancement, becoming.

I guess I'm more anti-scam.

And you say I'm against free speech because I don't agree with you? Come on....LOL

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

join