It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park Creators Threatened

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

When I saw it this week, I was like "OK, so they don't show an IMAGE of Mohammed" but as usual, here we go again. I wish I had a comment on this besides lighten up, but on second thought I've got a better one:
When did the planet become so Pre/Post menopausal? Geez, no one was in the cartoon bear suit guys so get real!
Oh, boy - on second thought, I think I need to be beamed up, Scotty. Intelligence, like Elvis, just left the building.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I love the fact that they are irreverent and nothing is sacred.

My favorite was the one on Scientology!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hahahahaha, this is almost as funny as the time the Pope called Islam out for being a bunch of violent thugs and they responded that they were going to kill him.

HOW DARE YOU CALL US VIOLENT!!! KILL HIM!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!

Religion of peace my butt...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
[edit on 21-4-2010 by boredsilly]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!!!!

that is really the dumbest # i've ever heard. Plus south park makes fun of EVERYBODY!!! dont take it personally muslisms "they mentioned our god KILL THEM KILL THEM KILL THEM"

I mean such primitive behaviour is reasons why human beings will never reach peace (or out side the solar system)
Like they take # so seriously, first they dont like the way we live, then our "God" we worship

Like if people keep going on about "thier reilgion is the right on and all others are wrong" we wont get anywhere, infact there isn't even a word to discribe such idiotic "voodoo"

If your a regilious freak that feels the need to tell other people they are wrong....take a look at yourself, all other reiglions AND the universe and all of life, get your head out of your ass and find peace, not war , because if your god tells you to kill people then it is no god (if you wish to see if a differnt way a demon or devil)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138

If your a regilious freak that feels the need to tell other people they are wrong...

What about us unreligious freaks that feels the need to tell other people they are wrong. Oh, and the above line is quite ironic in relation to your post.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoomoo
Hey... hey i remember Muhammad being shown on an episode as a character, not worrying about censorship at all! He was a super-hero of the Super Best Friends, who had the power of fire. It is funny how they did not point that out.

watch it in Southparkstudios season 5

i remember that!!! where was the uproar then?
muslims and their religion of peace blah

i didnt see any morman suicide bombings over the image of joseph smith or black or whatever being shown, and he had ice breath! blasphemy!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of debate about what we all should already know:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." - caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

In this country there are three choices. Abide by the above, change it, or leave it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by impaired
Religions are the most hypocritical entities I have ever heard of.

Amazing.

I will NEVER understand the hypocrisy and how their followers fail to see it.

This is why I get so amped up when it comes to religion.

Ridiculous.

a very wise man once said:
"there are no Atheist in a foxhole"

The line is used in the film Wake Island, which was released in 1942.

I'm an agnostic - not an atheist. I disagree with atheists almost as much as I do with religious folks.

You look at how atoms make up molecules - how molecules make up cells, and how cells make up living things. Look at how the Universe is put together.

There is SOMETHING that created everything.

But I would be damned if that something was Allah or Jehova - OR ANY ENTITY WITH AN EGO.

How could such imperfect "gods" (with their egos, mistakes, contradictions, vengence, etc.) create such a perfectly working universe? Doesn't make sense.

These gods are just evil aliens, IMHO.

Obviously I subscribe to the Ancient Astronaut/Alien theory. THAT'S the missing link, imho.

But yeah, folks. Keep giving worship to these guys. Have fun with that. And even if they AREN'T aliens, why would you WANT TO worship these things? THEY'RE "demonic", if you ask me.

Silly people. Sorry - but it's sad but true. That's why people get so offended when you disagree with their religions - because they KNOW that it's probably not true. They just need to fill a void or they follow it due to fear of what's in the afterlife.

Humans are so gullible.

Ok, I'm done. I got that out. I feel better.

[edit on 4/21/2010 by impaired]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Don't know if it's been said, don't care, either. This was my first thought.

Find how many Americans watch South Park.

Look at the very-current world political/military headlines in the newsance.

Propaganda at it's finest.

Edit: By the looks of it... it's working.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by shanerz]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Come on guys! This is ATS! The best conspiracy site on the web! Surely everyone can that Matt Stone and Trey Parker are CIA shills that are clearly trying to smoke out any extremists that wish to commit acts of terror?!

*giggle* I just had to put that out there since no one else did. I love Stone and Parker, everyone gets a good beating with the humor stick ^_^. I look forward to watching episode 201.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
All I can say is...
WOW

I posted last night and just came back now and there are 7 pages.

I perused through all 7, scanning all the posts as I went through. I personally have always liked South Park and applaud the creators. Nothing is off limits to them and I can relate to them in a way. My mouth tends to get me into tight spots sometimes because I refuse to assimilate to the way we all have to be politically correct. I never have been and I never will be. I speak my mind and don't beat around the bush.

I like that they are not afraid to call a spade a spade. I think my favorite episode was probably the Scientology one. I laugh thinking about the text flashing at the bottom of the screen, "this is what they really believe" or something along those lines. I have not seen it in awhile.

Yes, you are all correct. They have featured Muhammed on the show before and I do not recall any backlash for it. Why now? They can talk all they want, but God forbid they act on it and actually attempt to do something to Matt and Trey. I have stated it before, and I will do it again. I have spent time in and amongst the people of the middle east. Religion of love my left nut!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
All I can say is...
WOW

I like that they are not afraid to call a spade a spade. I think my favorite episode was probably the Scientology one. I laugh thinking about the text flashing at the bottom of the screen, "this is what they really believe" or something along those lines. I have not seen it in awhile.

My favorite part was "Tom Cruise is in the closet and won't come out!" The SP TV announcer kept repeating it. It was SO funny!

Matt and Trey can just use their drag queen disguises again.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Time the world stood up to Islam and told it to "get a grip". Time to say NO people...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Cowards!!! Weasels!!!! Worthless douchebags!!!! That's IT!!!!!!!!!! I'm never watching comedy central AGAIN!!!!! Damnit!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Let's remember that those comments come from a radical minority of followers of Islam. I agree it is ridiculous they are making threats against the creators in the name of religion. They obviously don't know much about the show because literally every single type of people, race, religion or ethnicity has been made fun of in a satirical fashion.

But let's not turn this into a "all of them are evil" thread. While I am critical of many aspects of Islam myself, I do respect those that choose to follow and adhere to its teachings. If you have valid criticism that is not driven by hate, then express it. But the moment you use hate as the reason to denounce and disrespect the followers of another religion, you are stooping to the level of Extremist.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit
Time the world stood up to Islam and told it to "get a grip". Time to say NO people...

Yeah...Good luck with that one.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
ISLAM: Who Needs diplomacy when you have death?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c4fb618b951.jpg[/atsimg]

One trick Ponies... the lot of them!

IRM :shk:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

But what you have to remember is that George Bush is not a good christian. He likes money too damned much to be a proper worshiper of Jesus. Hes no philanthropist, and you cannot trust greed. You know why ? It is not of God.
He may have SAID all sorts of blasphemies , and subltly linked this war to Jesus and God... But hes still talking out of his short, weak , degenerate butt when he does so. It is a Crusade ... I agree with that. And like the Crusades it has NO genuine connection to God, save for the fact , that thousands of the people fighting that fight, have been duped into the idea that they are doing the work of God. This is hellblasted lies and nonsense . Regardless of what George W says, this war is NOTHING to do with Jesus, and everything to do with greed, specificaly the wests greed for oil , contracts, and power.
That is why I can say to radical factions with a totaly straight face "Grow, the hell up".

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ahhh, South park and Islam....

One is a vile, hate filled Parody of life, hitting out and insulting people all around the world. Causing problems and conflict everywhere it touches, with an utter disrespect for peoples feelings and freedoms.

The others just a silly cartoon.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join