It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park Creators Threatened

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by zaiger

Why not? I stand behind South Park on this one. Free speech is free speech and to be frank the whole 'kill infidels that show our child raping lord as evil' thing is a bit much. I really dislike muslims.

That is all nice but that was not the threat there was no real threat what they said was.

We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably end up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”

So free speech but not for muslims?

[edit on 20-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There's a reason why there aren't too many negative things about Farrakhan. A friend of mine is a famous impersonator...does an incredible Farrakhan. He's been explicitly told by various people never to do it in public. To date, he never has.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Removed. Sorry wrong thread

[edit on 4/20/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nal War

I said nothing Racist it's the Truth, I'm just not being PC about it, They like Christians want their Religion to cover the entire world... but they do it, in other ways.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

The quote was posted along with a photo of Van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was murdered in 2004 after making a documentary on violence against Muslim women. They continued to say that this wasn’t a threat but a likely outcome if they continued with their parodies. If that wasn’t scary enough, the website also has audio of Anwar al-Awlaki, an American born preacher (believed to be hiding in Yemen) who promotes assassinating those who defame Muhammad. There was even a report that he along with several others have the details and locations of Parker and Stone’s homes in Colorado.

screencrave.com... ened-over-muhammad-bear/

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Anwar al-Awlaki can say whatever he wants. But the site said

We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably end up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them

That is not a threat. So freedom of speech only for those we like?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I completely support free speech. I embrace it. I despise the Westboro baptist church, but do not think they should be shut up by the government. If 4chan hadn't already destroyed the site you are quoting from I would give you some screen caps where the same man said that he wished to his raping and pillaging leader to be imbued with the power to slice the two mens necks with a rusty blade. I even support his right to say that, I just think this guy is nuts.

I love that Muslims whine about free speech, then turn around and make threats to anyone that 'insults' their religion. Cartoonist??? Remember???

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Here's a link to the episode, itself, at the South Park Studios site.

Fair warning, a lot of NSFW language in the episode - they don't censor the shows on their website like they do on TV.

[edit on 4/21/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If the website ever comes back on, here is a link to the moron posting he wants to kill the South Park creators.

www.revolutionmuslim.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4384

'tery and matt has to be sliced...inshallah 7 Sunday, 18 April 2010 02:49
I wish i could slit their throats with a rusty knife,so it be more painful....
May curse them and may Allah give me the strength to do that honour.
How dare they insult out prhpethets,they won't get away this time Inshallah.'

Draw your own conclusions.

There was a fake hack on a website today called revolutionislam.com

Warning that it may be offensive to some to visit this site. If we delve a bit deeper it is obvious that this site was recently purchased and set up to make some script kiddy feel like an elite hacker. It is fake, but I laughed and you may too.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
And the (Snip) Muslims wonder why everyone hates them.

You dont see them coming out of the woodwork to stick up for south park do you I wonder why? They also stand quietly by when radicals use there religion for evil deeds I wonder why?

It is what it is and Islam is a failed religion they just dont know it yet they have boxed themselves into a corner and the only way out is them or us.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by asala]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
That is not a threat. So freedom of speech only for those we like?

I think there is a huge difference between comedy writers speaking freely within their venue and extreme religious fanatics using free speech as a weapon to suppress the freedoms of others. Using examples of murder if you don't play according to their rules may not be a direct threat but it smells rather sinister to me, Mafia-like. Idk just my opinion.

I know it's their belief but guess what it's obviously not what Matt & Trey believe or is it what the vast majority of South Park viewers believe. We all have the freedom of speech in this country, even those stick in the muds, but we also have the freedom of religion. We cannot be forced to comply with religious dogma of any kind. Using the example of "who knows murder might happen" to muscle people is extreme, rude and a bunch of fear mongering crap.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Argh, while I generally dislike islam, I don't think it is a failed religion. If it is that little extra nudge that helps someone be a good person I think it's wonderful. It just seems that there are some VERY big problems with muslims and the rest of the world. Any religion or branch of ideology that preaches intolerance is a problem, it just seems intolerance is a bit more rampant in the islamic countries/religion. I would rather women and homosexuals were not killed for a moronic belief system. I would rather people were free to express their distaste for a religion without the fear of violent retribution. There are a number of Christians that are a huge intolerant pain, but I am a hell of a lot less worried about visiting any predominantly Christian country with a girlfriend than visiting an islamic country. I don't think I would be locked up in Ireland for kissing a girl. To each his own, but leave me alone muslims.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
My mother is a hermaphrodite so she's my real father.

You still believe that crap! haha.

Classic line.

Man talk about suspenseful ending!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

But this story is getting blown out of proportion. i would agree with you if this site was making threats but there was no death threat.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I consider it a failed religion for one reason they are becoming more inclusive with time and not less like other religions tend to be.

They will keep pushing and pushing until finally the non Muslim people of this world truly push back look at Europe they have maybe 10 more years before they kill them off why? Because they keep pushing their way of live on others.

I would have no problem with them if they just made some lines between the moderates and the radicals. But the moderates are weak and do nothing. And the radicals lead the way.

Like I said mark my words in another 10 years if they dont change their collective ways their religion will be a death trap for them. And Mohammad will not be able to do a thing about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Actually I agree with you on this. Sometimes I argggghhhhh when I should not. My arrrggghhhh was directed at myself as I have been rather contradictory of my own posts. Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh. Islam will fall, I hope I am alive to laugh. I have never seen a statement from 'moderate' muslims decrying the extremists. I hope that some may find peace, and I think some do. I am rather skeptical of muslims though, and have had personal experiences that absolutely shocked me and made me rather despise the religion in general.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

I did not take it personal your words were well thought out and I respect that.

I also wish they would become more moderate and speak out I think they are a weak people who tend to follow rather then lead it is ingrained in them at such a early age.

It is also why they can treat women like crap and get away with it in the eyes of the sheep. I feel sorry for them they are alot like children who do not realize the consequences of their actions until it is to late.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Matt Stone and Trey Parker are two of the best political voices in the world, their shows may seem immature to some, but they are very relevant, I know Trey Parker is libertarian, and the show actually leans right on many issues...not sure about Matt Stone's political views, but they have slammed abortion and in Team America: World Police they give both sides a good whipping. I'll just leave it at, they are awesome.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Well I guess it all depends on ones perspective. When they say it's not a threat but a warning of reality, I would say their reality is quite threatening. Maybe they're just numb to it and don't realize they're acting like jerks.

Threat or no their message was loud & clear. Don't %$&# with us or you'll die. I find that far more offensive than any South Park episode. It even tops Mr. Garrisons Bicycle.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
funny thing is the first time they showed Mohammad nobody cared. he was on a supoerhero team with jesus krishna and buddha

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join