It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central USA expect to hear sonic booms 4/19 in a.m.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Shuttle landing flight path

In the morning (4/19/2010), the central part of the USA can expect to hear two sonic booms as the shuttle flies over. This somewhat unusual landing flight path will take the shuttle over the area during an approx. 30 minute fly over on its way to Kennedy Space Center. Some will be able to see the shuttle zoom by as it decelerates down to near mach 4 by the time it reaches KSC. Others will only be able to hear the booms as it passes.

I just wanted to give a heads up, so people wouldn't be alarmed by either the site or the booms on the way to work in the morning. I could just imagine all the posts about alien invasions

Info here as well

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Approximate time to look for it would be between 7:00 and 7:40 a.m. Central time.

I wonder if the volcanic ash has anything to do with this uncommon descent route of the shuttle? Would the ash even have an affect on it?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
S&F

What i find interesting other than a different decent route and is it common and fully justified, is the fact that this thread was put up for others.
Forward thinking and especially to benefit others will get a flag all day

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Shuttle landing flight path

I just wanted to give a heads up, so people wouldn't be alarmed by either the site or the booms on the way to work in the morning. I could just imagine all the posts about alien invasions

Info here as well

Thanks for the thread, interesting.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
...I just wanted to give a heads up, so people wouldn't be alarmed by either the site or the booms on the way to work in the morning. I could just imagine all the posts about alien invasions

...it could still be an Illuminati/NWO/shadow government/Majestic 12/Vatican cover-story for an alien invasion.
You never know.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The return flight path is simply due to the high inclination of the launch. The ash cloud is essentially irrelevent for the return of the obiter and crew.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Ah, thanks. That answers one question I had then.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hi from Cocoa Beach, our local paper says might be scrubbed landing due to rain forecasts but, it does have two landing windows.
Possible 15th day in orbit...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
In most missions, they specifically plan two extra days on orbit before having to switch to the secondary landing site at Edwards AFB. Only under the most dire of circumstances would they rely on the tertiary landing site at White Sands Space Harbor, NM.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Hmm, I hope not. I was looking forward to seeing/hearing it in the morning. Thought it would be interesting to see the other drivers reactions to it as well. Sitting on Hwy 40 in a traffic jam needs some kind of entertainment.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Great idea for a thread!

However, I am fearful your efforts might be in vain:

I predict at least...ermmm....three threads will pop up, post Shuttle re-entry. (Based on my pessimistic view of the state of ATS, of late...)

Nice try, though!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Think one of the threads will be about the chemtrails associated with reentry? LOL

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

LOL That's probably a good prediction. With an emphasis on the "at least" from your post. This IS ATS after all.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

Or if they have to push the landing back a day for weather--then god forbid a jet makes a sonic boom:

Perhaps there will be "no shuttle" conspiracy theories akin to the 9/11 no planes...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6I just wanted to give a heads up, so people wouldn't be alarmed by either the site or the booms on the way to work in the morning. I could just imagine all the posts about alien invasions

Man, this site sucks now. I'm not even going to argue that, because it already stands as an example of your ignorance, and if you don't know why, that's fine by me.

You and your ilk belong on Digg or something, not here.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, tomorrow is 4/19, so if anything happens to the shuttle, we'll know it was a false flag. With all the theories going around about 4/19, I doubt they'd try anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

You do realize that comment was tongue in cheek, right?

Sorry no conspiracy mentioned.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

What i meant, is that it's common knowledge in groups that discuss UFOs that they don't create sonic booms. If you don't know that, then what have you been doing on this site the whole time? You haven't been learning anything, clearly.

To pretend that your fellow ATS members would start freaking out like War or the Worlds or something over a sonic boom was just the icing on the cake, and i'm sick and tired of the only people with a genuine interest in paranormal subjects, which this site is intended to focus on, being routinely derided by people who have no interest those subjects at all. Makes me wonder what business they have here.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I predict at least...ermmm....three threads will pop up, post Shuttle re-entry. (Based on my pessimistic view of the state of ATS, of late...)

Nice try, though!

It's a pretty safe bet that several threads will be started about this, especially since many ATS members have already flagged "April 19th" as a possible date for WWIII to start.

And now that I wrote that, how long will it be before someone claims that the shuttle was scheduled on this date to cover something else up...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

I guess you don't watch ufo hunters. One of the episodes focused on an ex-military man's sighting of a ufo after he and many others heard sonic booms. The made models of the ufo and put it into a wind tunnel and showed it would make a boom twice as powerful as a jet.

BTW I expect anything ever posted on ATS to be scrutinized. That is part of the sites purpose. But just chill a bit and don't get offended, no offense was intended.

I DO believe that there is an intelligent entity that has visited Earth--at least in the past. But I don't feel a need to defend my right to be a member of the ATS community.

It is perfectly fine to post something about which the facts are fully confirmed. It's not soley and exclusively a conspiracy site.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
Hi from Cocoa Beach, our local paper says might be scrubbed landing due to rain forecasts but, it does have two landing windows.
Possible 15th day in orbit...

Yeah, looks like rain all day. Looks like no flyover for us. The one time I was in Florida for a Shuttle launch it got pushed back until after I left. It would be neat to at least see it fly over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join