It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction (log it) Obama is bluffing. He won't attack Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This wasn't easy boys and girls. Obama has been a good friend to the banks and insurance companies. If some of our friends are not happy with this, then too bad.

What do you think dear reader?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

President Obama seems to want to placate our enemies and ignore, or even insult, our allies. World leaders understand that the US, more so than most "democratic" nations, takes on the flavor of its chief executive in matters of foreign affairs. I imagine that the Czechs, Poles and Brits will forgive and forget in 2012 when a new President takes the stage.

In the meantime, we have emboldened the Iranian régime, among others, who may think that we will not revert to force of arms over any conflict due to our new "Europeanized" chief executive.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer149

What a steaming pile of parroted partisan crap. Just because Obamas 'tone' is less antagonistic and arrogant than his predecessor in no way makes it concilliatory to our 'enemies'. Nor has he 'insulted' our allies. That characterization is dyed-in-the-wool Palinesque/Beckesque stool. The whole idea is to dial down the rhetoric and antagonism and that is a welcome change in the country and the world. Your characterizations are baseless. And no, I'm not some 'liberal, commie Obama supporter' which is the typical charge levelled against anyone who calls-out the right's propaganda machine. I voted Ron Paul write-in.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Are you guys anti-American? Do you not care about our children?

If bush was president AT THE MOMENT ww3 would've broke out not too long ago

Get real

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Why do you Obama slammers hate America? Obama has done some real good repairing the damage the conservative Bush administration did to this great country for its corporate sponsors.

Revolutionaries are not patriots. The founding fathers did not create this country because they loved England so much. Revolutionaries are terrorists and by following the teabag-beck-palinesque model you are giving aid to our enemies.

You know the drill, I never heard the end of it when Bush was in office, so if you don't like this country then leave.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have a view that Obama is some what similar to Britain's PM, Neville Chamberlain.....

A decent guy trying to do his best, trying to do the right thing and seemingly trying to please everyone at once..

Chamberlain was also accused of many things, selling Britain to Hitler etc.. But really he was simply doing his best and really did represent the will of the British people at the time..

Just as I feel that at the heart of this issue, Obama really does represent the will of the American people at the moment, and as an outsider looking in, it does seem as tho all your policies are as confused as Britain's in the preWW2 era.

lets just hope we don't go down that route again, eh.

And I'll put my hand up and say that Britain is pretty direction-less and has similar issues at the moment, so I'm not finger pointing, just trying to be helpful.

Regards from across the pond

[edit on 14/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
He better not attack Iran or I am officially Anti American..

Second line..

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Obama has already attacked iran, with mind control techs.

So what attacking iran scenarios does he or she mean.

America has all sorts of plans, so op needs to clarify what they mean.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You sound quite distressed. Is it possible that you have been disappointed by the new administration, or are you simply concerned that there are some obvious signs that the 2010 elections will not go your way?

As for being "partisan", of course I am, just like everyone else who posts here. I voted for Obama because I found George Bush's policies simplistic and heavyhanded. (I never voted for GWB, by the way.) Now I find the BO's policies, while certainly not heavyhanded, are equally simplistic, if in another direction. My conclusion is that neither a Texas oil man nor a Chicago "community organizer" really has the background for international relations. I am a firm believer in Realpolitik, and I don't believe any of the NWO fantasies.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In the short time our President has been in office, I personally think he has exerted MUCH more effort and energy into making our country better than our previous President has done in 8 years. I would also say Obama has probably put more effort and energy into this goal than all the Republicans combined in the last few decades.

The truth is, that some folks are die-hard fans of certain selfish agendas, and therefore their rage blinds them from seeing the favorable work our President is doing. These die-hard fans would try every attempt in existence to tarnish the work of anyone in office whom is not loyal to their personal greedy agendas. Thats the way it is. And no I am not a Liberal, I am 50% Conservative, and 50% Liberal. I just call the shots as I see them.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer149

I am distressed, At politics and ignorance. And not EVERYONE is partisan my friend. There are many, possibly a majority that adhere to neither party's platform. Certainly I am one of those. The President, irrespective of his/her background, does not make policy on his/her own. that's done in concert with their advisors and cabinet. I have always believed that anyone who seeks to hold a Federal office higher than Congressperson should have a PhD in political science and/or econnomics depending upon the position.

I object to the tripe and ignorance and blatant political manipulation that goes on with people being seemingly unaware or unconcerned. Those that are bashing Obama (for whom I will repeat I did not vote) because he is building a more balanced international posture would clearly do better with a leader like that of North Korea. Now there's a guy who flips the world the bird, threatens everyone, does whatever he damn well pleases, does not appease his enemies and bends over for his allies at the snap of the fingers. That, apparently, is what some here would prefer.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

As I also call the shots where I see them. I am certainly not "blinded by rage", having voted for George McGovern, Walter Mondale, Bill Clinton, Al Gore and John Kerry as well as Barack Obama, I seriously doubt anyone but the unhinged would think me a conservative. However, as a believer in Realpolitik, I am much less interested in feel-good speaches than in having my leaders understand geopolitics from the point of view of America's national interest. The President of the United States is the chief executive of this nation and the commander-in-chief of the armed forces. He is not "Big Daddy" to the world. His job is to protect and extend the national interests of the United States. If this is accomplished by creating useful alliances, great. If he needs to rub some other leader the wrong way, so be it. I have spent the better part of thirty years involved in international relations, having started my career cleaning up after the last totally inept "nice guy", James Earl Carter. We don't need another nice guy like that.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Op is right.
Whether we like it or not, I predict Obama will soon bow to Ahmonkeynejad.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
In the short time our President has been in office, I personally think he has exerted MUCH more effort and energy into making our country better than our previous President has done in 8 years. I would also say Obama has probably put more effort and energy into this goal than all the Republicans combined in the last few decades.

The truth is, that some folks are die-hard fans of certain selfish agendas, and therefore their rage blinds them from seeing the favorable work our President is doing. These die-hard fans would try every attempt in existence to tarnish the work of anyone in office whom is not loyal to their personal greedy agendas. Thats the way it is. And no I am not a Liberal, I am 50% Conservative, and 50% Liberal. I just call the shots as I see them.

LOL LOL LOL OBAMA has done NOTHING!

He hasn't done anything to fix the economy! All he is doing is printing money and trying to deflate the dollar just to make it worthless. I hope it does happen. Then my college loans will be worthless.

My prediction is that he will be like akhenanten and leave America in shambles like akhenanten left Egypt in shambles.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdom of darkness
Are you guys anti-American? Do you not care about our children?

If bush was president AT THE MOMENT ww3 would've broke out not too long ago

Get real

Are you nuts!!! Bush would have done no more to Iran than Obama. The former president's priorities were Iraq and Afghanistan. Actually made me turn on the guy (yea I was young). If you remember, he had constant problems out of N.Korea and Iran as well, but as I said he never did anything. He had an objective, it is the same as Obama's. What it is I don't know. Can't you all see they are one in the same?

top topics

join