It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions For UFO Buffs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Right, this is a subject I am very interested in. I have read a lot on the subject, and I would LOVE some answers. To me, there isn't a more important question for humanity than : does intelligent life exist elsewhere in the universe. It has implications for medicine, religion, philosophy, science and world economics (not to mention art. Just imagine : being able to listen to another world's entire history of music, for example).

But certain things continue to confuse me. I am going to ask a few questions - more to get opinions than anything else - I know that no-one on this site will have any definite answers.

Here goes:

1) Assuming Roswell and stories of other crashes were true, then we can only assume that the alien technology isn't particularly advanced. Otherwise we wouldn't be capable of shooting down these vessels with our primitive technology. And surely advance futuristic alien technology would have some kind of anti-crashing measures?!?

This kind of technology seems like something we, ourselves, will be capable of developing withing the next 50 years. Don't you think that it is odd that, out of civilizations which could be millions of years more advanced than us, we happen to be visited by one so close to ourselves in terms of scientific knowledge?

2) These aliens are clearly more scientifically advanced than we are. It seems logical, therefore, to conclude that if they had hostile intentions, they would be able to wipe us out fairly easily. Therefore, if not for hostile reasons, why are they here? And if their intentions are to assist mankind, then why not gift us their knowledge for purposes of health and science. They could probably cure cancer tomorrow! Again, if their intention isn't to help us in this manner, why are they here?

3) The whole government collusion conspiracy bothers me. If these aliens are so advanced and all-powerful, why allow some grubby little American politician to dictate their disclosure timeframe? And why haven't other governments came out and officially declared their existence? Look at the size of Russia, India or China. If there have been several crashes in the USA, as we have been led to believe, then surely there will have been some in these other countries too. So are all of these governments agreed on this policy of secrecy? Why? Look at all the land mass in the middle east. What about crashes there? Why don't these countries have access to back engineered technology? Why haven't these countries - who don't follow the American political line - admitted the existence of UFOs?

I'll be interested in hearing what you all think,

Thanks,

John

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Millions]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Millions]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Not so much. It depends on how you look at it. I myself think there have been more than one type of visitor here. What if our thoughts of physics completely change tomorrow and allow us to travel through space. Our crafts would certainly be able to be shot down but how far along would science be really? If you think about the past twenty years and what they have yielded then the next fifty could certainly have us traveling through space. The main thing that would hinder us is our ability to come together as a world instead of fighting amongst ourselves.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
My opinion.

The Roswell crash never happened. I say this because I look at photographs of what the ufo wreckage looks like, and I look at photos of what the alien bodies look like, and then I look to see what current sightings of supposed UFOs look like.

It appears that as we have evolved in our own understandings of aeronautics, so too has the aeronautical capacity of aliens. Sightings nowadays aren't saucer shaped. They are mostly anomalous flashing or moving lights, or triangle or boomerang shaped.

Also, alien encounters in more recent times, be it in photos or descriptions, don't correlate with what the body of a Roswell alien looks like. Yes it is a possible argument that different races are visiting us and they all look very different from one another. But a grey isn't what the typical encounter-er mentions anymore.

So what am I trying to say? Our abilities in computer graphics, as well as our technological advances, as well as the rate at which information gets shared among us, has allowed us to "update the image" of what a supposed higher race of interplanetary beings would look like or present themselves as. Flying saucers were all the rage in the 40's and 50's. Then they weren't cool anymore, and the shape of a UFO changed. Then the appearance of an extra-terrestrial changed.

It just doesn't add up.

Unless of course a race and civilization of advanced beings also improves their technology at pretty much the same rate we do. But if they are advanced enough to planet hop, I find that improbable.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Oh man I answered when you had question one posted.

Here's the way I see it. They are not here. They may have been here in the past, a couple might drop by for a bit, but they are not here en masse.

I feel that at one point they had a very real presence here, but unfortunately for us they have moved on to another portion of the universe. They have either decided we are a lesser species that they will observe for a bit before moving onto the next "zoo exhibit", or they have totally forgotten about us and won't be around these parts again for eons.

This is a real shame, as I feel the human race is being left out of the galactic party. I wanna be a cool kid! I wanna go to the party! But we just flat out aren't invited. And I'm ticked the hell off.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

I think you pose a really, really interesting question. And I agree with what I believe is your intent. But I do think that we are, by nature, so incredibly myopic. It's so outside of us to consider how the world can be different than what we know. It seems unlikely, but adopting a fantastical view, what if a civilization matured via a system that is unknown to us?

It seems silly and impossible to us, but were there to be scientific phenomena like FTL travel and were it accessible without a military-industrial complex built on suppression and infected political ideologies, perhaps it would be possible to achieve monumental breakthroughs, but still not be invulnerable to the "advancements" of others who cultivated their society in a markedly different way.

I mean are peaceful cultures possible? And, if so, is it possible that they could advance technologically?

If so, what if a peaceful culture with no offensive weaponry or even a concept of violent conflict, were to come into contact with civilizations like ours which revolve around power and suppression? If it would never occur to them to have defensive strategies, then there could be problems.

I don't know. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Roswell incidents are caused by Alien Spacecraft that flies in our atmosphere Got EMP from our nuclear bombs and crashed.

Anunnaki are the most technologically advanced yet the most violent and evil alien race that Used to be physical counterpart of Devil.

and the good aliens are warns us about destruction that we done for Anunnaki because like us, Many of them are also enslaved by the Anunnaki.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Please tell me English isn't your first language so I don't feel an obligation to ridicule you for a complete lack of coherence.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Anyone who has seen and studied the official nasa footage showing hundreds of non earth craft zipping around our planet knows you are wrong.
of course many people today are living like the ostrich because it so much more comfortable to just hide from it all, after all, who today has the time to think about this when they have a daily work routine and family to take care of?
The OP questions have all been addressed in many of the currently available videos, but no real definite hard answers.
If they are indeed here, (which is quite obvious to me), then the reasons for the way this story is rolling the way it is, is because of what the U.S. military industrial complex have done and are still doing. And the whole thing is not in the best hands and never has been.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

my idea is that real UFO's are extraterrestrial satellites, not extraterrestrials. if you think about it, we aren't way too far off from doing practically the same thing. we have the technology to look at all of our planets, and we are looking amazingly farther at strange new worlds, superearths, and maybe planets holding somewhat advanced or advanced life.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Greetings

Here are my honest opinions on this subject matter, as it interests me as well

1) Amongst all technologies, old stuff breaks down. Roswell and other crash sites of UFO's could just be burnt up old tech. which could still be reverse engineered for some still new useful additions to primitive human tech.

UFO's need maintenance I suppose, wish I could take one apart.

Anti crashing methods, hmm well let me see....I would figure with being able to change directions in space so quickly, almost the same gravitational effects would occur on a crash, just more intensely.

2) There are several reasons why aliens wouldn't want to just wipe us out.

Human's have a lot of mineral properties. Calcium being a major factor and a few other nutrients.

Besides Nutritional properties there are also drug properties. Adrenal fluid, epinephrine, dimethlytriptamine ('___', NOTE: DO NOT TYPE IT IN GOOGLE FOR YOUR SAFETY, youtube it, if you have to, it is the dream drug), and I am sure there are other things produced, though I am unaware.

Aliens gifting technology to human beings would be foolish, we still kill our brothers and sisters, no way would they give us anything..

There are cures to cancer by the way, some are posted on ATS, browse around.

3) All the governments know about the aliens, they keep under lock and key for most people, because some people really can't handle the truth. Ignorant people always fear what they don't understand. Then dumping a, what i liked to call a mind F!$k
, on a society that is not ready, could be catastrophic.

JMO hope I shed some light on anything

edited due to quotation errors.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

So your take is that the Roswell crash never happened, you cannot prove that and I think it did happen but cannot prove that as well...it was the weather that caused the crash, not a shoot down by our military.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I wouldn't have thought the weather would of caused the crash, since watching some NASA videos it shows UFO's obtaining power from Lightning storms from the electromagnetic energy in the atmosphere being created.

Maybe the craft that crashed, wasn't meant to take on lightning directly and did.

Although airplanes are designed for taking bolts of lightning as well.

I wouldn't know, only could speculate..

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

There are different types of craft visiting from different places, if not planets, demenions. The night of the Roswell crash there were severe lighting storms that are not talked about much.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yeah I didn't hear about severe Lightning storms, thanks

I have an idea of some of what the alien tech. could do already

And of course different types of UFO's exist, I've seen 3-4 different kinds that are fairly popular. And have had 1 personal experience with a large group of people.

I didn't mean to flame you, if you got that vibration.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
can i add a question? Why wouldn't a Nation like Iran or N.Korea or any other nation who dont give a F, just come out and say ET is real? That's all it would take, an "Official" acknowledgement, and the whole world would begin to question it more. Thx.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

There are nations that have come out, like England, The Vatican, Peru, Mexico and many other nations, it is only the U.S. is still covering this up, BTW I remember something about Iran and a pilot who had a major sighting years back and the Iranian government did not deny it. If you follow this topic very closely you will find out all kinds of things from other countries.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
can i add a question? Why wouldn't a Nation like Iran or N.Korea or any other nation who dont give a F, just come out and say ET is real? That's all it would take, an "Official" acknowledgement, and the whole world would begin to question it more. Thx.

Great question! I totally agree - it just doesn't make sense to me.

And to the poster who mentioned that we are being kept in the dark by the American 'military industrial complex' , I think the question above blows a hole in your point. This isn't just about America, my friend.

Thanks for the other replies - I agree with a lot of what is being said. I've been thinking - perhaps the governments are just completely clueless about the whole thing. In that case, what are they going to do - announce that they've detected these super-advance crafts on radar, but don't have a clue what they are.....? There would be absolutely no point - they would just look impotent and ridiculous.

Another thing bothers me about Roswell. If an American fighter jet crashes anywhere in the world, the US military go into overdrive to recover the remains before another country can get their hands on it for research and intel purposes. Wouldn't the ETs have done the same at Roswell, for the same reasons?

And to the poster who mentioned that the Roswell crash was caused by lightning...... no offence, but I find this ridiculous. Just consider how much science and technology is needed to leave a planet's atmosphere, power across the galaxy at immense speeds....... etc........

Are we to believe that the scientific geniuses that achieved this are so short-sighted that they would let a little bit of lightning destroy everything? Imagine searching the galaxy for centuries for life, then travelling for decades in horrible, cramped conditions....... only to crash on arrival because of a little lighning flash. Are these pilots the ET equivalent of the Dumb and Dumber or something?!?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Dear Millions

Ok my take on question one,

First of all Roswell happened there was a crash that is a certainty. What we argue about is what crashed??

Now if it where ET as a pilot I can tell you one thing for sure, if it fly’s it can crash no matter how advanced. In fact jugging by our standards the more advanced the more likely.

Oh yes and to me it has been proved that it was no balloon of any sort.

Ok question two,

One point may be in the amount of people who go missing each year, could be some form of limited harvesting. If they where to give us the sort of technology they have would be like giving a three year old a live hand grenade. It could be they are waiting and studying us until such time as we can join the big boys. We could cure cancer tomorrow, perhaps but the world has a problem with people living too long with out that right now. Sorry we are not grown up enough yet, may be never the way things are going.

Three,

We covered the alien disclosure thing in answer two, we are just not mature enough yet.

As for disclosure from TPTB here on earth. If they did that there power has gone, and so is what is left of the economy. Just imagine what would happen over night if you could put a small antenna on your car and run the electric motor from that. No more oil economy. That goes for all governments not just yours.

Disclosure will not happen till we reach a level 1 civilization see some video from that Japanese American boffin Macu Kuso or some thing like that, he explains it well.
However having said that watch for the UK and France my money is on France.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Dear Millions

From Millions “Are we to believe that the scientific geniuses that achieved this are so short-sighted that they would let a little bit of lightning destroy everything? Imagine searching the galaxy for centuries for life, then travelling for decades in horrible, cramped conditions....... only to crash on arrival because of a little lighning flash. Are these pilots the ET equivalent of the Dumb and Dumber or something?!?”

As I said before if it fly’s it can crash and there is the suggestion that these craft are flown by means of thought and that this may have been the reason for the crash, perhaps they don’t have lightning on there home planet. Also something the size of what crashed at Roswell was at best a scout craft if indeed it was ET. Why did they not come looking for it?? Well to them it may have been expendable, now there is a worrying thought.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Small drone discs , piloted by diminutive grey organic robots ,
have been shot down by good aliens . Earth is protected ,
by Pleiadians and Sirians , but their intervention in human affairs
is ATS . We use reverse engineered technology everyday .
One day , disclosure will happen . Earth has a responsibility
to help in the MilkyWay . Mankind has to first change their
priorities , then the sky is limitless

top topics

<<   2 >>

join