It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bart Stupak to Retire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
He's retiring because he is wearing the cloak of Judas Iscariot, and he can run but he cannot hide. The cloak glows in the dark, and it is sewn into his worthless hide..

He sold his integrity and reputation for a useless EO from the biggest liar ever to stink up the White House.

And he doesn't want to run for re-election only to set a new record for the least amount of votes for an incumbent. Nobody would vote for him now.

Eighteen years in Congress built upon a reputation of pro-life, only to be suckered by the guy with the worst rep on the sanctity of life in DC.

Obama is famous for throwing suckers under the bus. He even did it to Granny. Now it's Bye Bye Bart; just wait to see how many more get sacrificed between now and November.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yah!...Traitor!!...Baby Killer...good riddence!!

Next we should terrorize Carol Keehan, Head of the Catholic Association of Hospitals...sure she is a nun, but let's start making some crazy nut-job calls to her home...where is that congressman to shout "Baby-Killer when you need him?!!

Catholic Health Group Accepts Abortion Language in Reform Bill

The head of the national association of Catholic hospitals, which holds great sway in the health care debate, threw her support Saturday behind the contested Senate reform bill.

www.politicsdaily.com...

Oh and don't forget the AARP...they supported the bill...we should start throwing bricks through windows at retirement homes.

And the American Medical Association...be sure to call your doctor a traitor and baby killer next time you get a check-up.

And don't forget the baby-killing Evangelicals...lets get some bricks through those windows!!

The Evangelical Association for Social Action endorsed the bill..

Actually we should go after Evangelicals and Catholics!! They are baby killers!!!

Pro-life group urges Congress to pass Senate health care bill

Twenty-five pro-life Catholic theologians and Evangelical leaders yesterday sent letters to members of Congress urging them not to let misleading information about abortion provisions in the Senate health care bill block passage of sorely-needed reform.

Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, a Washington-based advocacy group, said that the Senate health bill upholds abortion funding restrictions and supports pregnant women.

ncronline.org...

C'mon folks!!! Bart Stupak is just the begining! Let's get every last one of them!!!!

[edit on 9-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
And again, none of them have to do with Stupak. Without proof that he is, in fact, under fear for his life then all you have is heresay.

A poster mentioned the threats were likely a HOAX. I provided 4 links with erudire sources as to why threats should be taken seriously. It was germane to thread. What part don't you understand?

I service what I sell, bring it.

P.S. I like your new Avatar.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
STUPAK spelled backwards is KAPUTS get it like his career is KAPUTS for voting for health care reform

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

How do I top that?????????

Could be worse. At least it isn't a Palindrome.

en.wikipedia.org...

(level, civic, madam etc.)

As in Sarah.

Sorry, among other things, I'm a recovering English major.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Good riddance!!!
Hey Bart, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! Oh, and by the way, don't go away mad - just go away!!!

We're not done yet folks. There are still hundreds of traitors in the halls of Congress!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
+++++++UPDATE+++++++++

The congressman rejected the notion that the tough vote, and the threats against him and his family he'd received in its aftermath, had spurred his retirement.

Stupak said his involvement in health reform legislation, rather, had led to a sense of "accomplishment," which led him this afternoon to announce his retirement at the end of this term.

"My service to the people of Michigan has been one of the greatest honors of my life," the centrist Democrat added. "But it's time to begin a new and exciting chapter."

thehill.com...

In the spirit of fairness, I was incorrect in my assertion regarding threats as reason for retirement. Regardless, I don't fault the guy, it is not easy to quit while you are ahead.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
STUPAK spelled backwards is KAPUTS get it like his career is KAPUTS for voting for health care reform

Nice!

-E-

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

The congressman rejected the notion that the tough vote, and the threats against him and his family he'd received in its aftermath, had spurred his retirement.

Stupak said his involvement in health reform legislation, rather, had led to a sense of "accomplishment," which led him this afternoon to announce his retirement at the end of this term.

This just goes to show that Stupak is still full of.... well you get the point.

-E-

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
BH was actually ridiculing the notion that Stupak was retiring because of death threats.

I'll explain my posts, thank you!
How dare you? You're wrong, by the way. I wasn't being sarcastic. I was agreeing with the OP. It makes me sick to think that YOU would presume to speak for ME! Eewww!

Originally posted by maybereal11
Yah!...Traitor!!...Baby Killer...good riddence!!

Now THAT'S good sarcasm!

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Yeah, I don't know if I believe that. Think about it. If you quitting office because you were threatened, would you announce it as such and let the country know that these slimeballs succeeded in scaring you out of your job and would likely be successful in getting others out by threatening them? I don't think so. No one is EVER going to admit that they're quitting because of death threats.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Of course Stupak is going to say that. Remember, above all he is a politician.

Regarding the notion of quitting while your are ahead, it doesn't really apply to Stupak. His crowning moment would have been to stand by his convictions rather than to cave to the pressure and influence of a bully regime. He missed his Norma Rae moment.

18 years.... For what? He will always be remembered as the sell out who tipped the scales. No matter what... Great legacy to leave for your family

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

"My service to the people of Michigan has been one of the greatest honors of my life," the centrist Democrat added. "But it's time to begin a new and exciting chapter."

Sounds like a new job offer to me.

Back room deals, not just for being done in the back room anymore.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Bottom line......................

His vote was pivotal to enact healthcare legislation and he is retiring for reasons that may be never known. So the problem is?

Frankly, I had more issues with the guy as a part of C Street scandal. His Washington residence was subsidised by neocon evangelicals. (The Fellowship) Perhaps THAT is the real story. (Tosses bone.)

www.freep.com...

So basically I could care less. Why beat a dead horse? Get over it.

If a winner never quits and a quitter never wins, how does one quit while they are ahead? Jibeho?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Winners just retire and fade into glory.

Reminds me of the glory years of Boston Garden and all of those jerseys hanging so proudly from the rafters.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This will send a very bad message.

Dont like the party in charge? Just start sending death threats and voila, some will run for the hills.

Ahh what a beautiful republic...why bother voting, how bout just let whomever draws the fastest to lead until they lose in a shootout.

I for one welcome our despot beginnings..cheers wingnuts, the whole republic thing was a bit dated anyhow...vote schmote, lets just start cutting gas lines

-sighs-

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't see how Stupak caved. The signing statement didn't mean a lot, but there is already the Hyde Amendment. And the health insurance bill requires a separate pool of money for people that want abortion insurance. It's not mixed with people that don't opt for that extra coverage. IMO Stupak didn't know all the details of what was in the bill when he got up on his soapbox. Then he backed down when he realized he'd been wrong. Obama gave him the signing statement as a way to save face.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i agree this isnt because of death threats. he saw the writing on the wall and made the correct choice.

altho we can cut and run from healthcare like he has.

any day theres one less demcrook in washington is a good day for america.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

And replace it with what? a republicrook?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by neo96

And replace it with what? a republicrook?

no man a honest,descent person who puts the good of the country above their own self interest , a non mao,chez fan..................but thats a pipe dream

[edit on 9-4-2010 by neo96]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I don't see how Stupak caved.

He didn't cave. Obama set him straight and assured him that no federal money would be going for abortion and offered to write an EO to assure him further and Stupak agreed. They came to an agreement. Not many people here can understand that because they are of the mind that "it's my way or the highway" or that someone must lose for them to win. That's just not how it works.

I just heard him talking to the public and he said he's glad that the tea party spent lots of money on ads that ridiculed him because they wasted their money since he's leaving and he's glad to be a part of them throwing money away.

Kaputs! That pretty funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join