It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Etna’s just as quiet as a mouse this morning. (Pics taken 0750)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/103e1bfaed2b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbeba2689044.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary7MediaTerrorist

Silo, it looks like you're really close. How do you feel about having a volcano in your back yard? Don't it worry you just a little? It is pretty but nothing's pretty about pyroclastic flows.

I wouldn’t live anywhere else. Unlike most people who grow complacent having something grand (like Etna) in their back yard, if anything I grow more enamored with Her. And worry? No, not about Her. If She blows, She blows.
That and there are enough things to worry about in the world today - I refuse to tarnish something as beautiful as Etna by ’warring’ about Her on a continual basis. Plus if I did, I’d go nuts, lol.

As for the ’happening’s in the world these days. Well, I’ve two thoughts of mind. One, that these ’things’ have been going on since time began, the only difference is now the world has grown so small (thanks to the internet) - we just all know about it as it happens instead of only the victims involved in the tragedies.

OR

Yes, we are in the ’end times’...

Thanks for your reply...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Increased steam/smoke emission and tremors rising again...

Streaming here: www.videobank.it...

www.ct.ingv.it...
edit on 14-1-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Heres a link for you all but check out the heat signature on the side?
_javascript:popUp('http://www.ct.ingv.it/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=202&lang=it')
Heres the heat sig camera
www.ct.ingv.it...
edit on 14-1-2011 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Increased steam/smoke emission and tremors rising again...

Lots of 'white smoke' (steam?) this afternoon. No noticeable tremors.
The television news just got over saying there’s nothing of concern going on... Which of course makes me wonder what's really going on!
But for now She's quite, just a lot a ‘puffy white’ coming out.

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

This is a silly question. I run windows 7 on high speck computers but whatever I do I can't see streaming
What am I doing wrong?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

What am I doing wrong?

Wow, sorry I can't help. Why not take your question over to the Computer Help part of the forum - I bet you some computer wiz could help you out there!

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6259cb8710ce.jpg[/atsimg]

(Picture taken about 15 minutes ago...)

Well, it’s been a quiet day.
She’s put out a lot a really beautiful puffy white cloud like steam but not much else.
We’ll see what happens tonight and tomorrow.

Added note: There are a few old timers here getting ready for the ‘big one’ - lot of talk about that, but, then again in a town this tiny, what else is there to talk about? (I don’t mean that as a reproach or slight against the town by the way, just stating what’s fact)...

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Many Stars but only one flag to offer the first news report on Mt Edna blowing her stack.... Thanks for the great photos and up to the minute news reports and amazing story regarding the ants packing their bags and eggs... Its times like this that you know that you are alive. I will ook forward to more photos and reports LOL live from your back door.

Be Safe
!

Please!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Since the 22nd of this last December Etna’s been steadily more active,.......................

Nice thread Silo..!!
I used to live around Calatabiano, years ago, and I love Sicily and the Etna..!!!
I found out about your topic, while searching for reports regarding the latest eruption of Mt. Etna,
for our non-stream media channel "Awakening Topics".
I've put a link to your thread on ATS, in our article.
You can view it here:
Etna is erupting again

Blessings.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by noahproductions

Great, I hope people enjoy it!

I love her dearly. It's a strange passion that, but, you knowing Etna, understand.

Today she's just puffing away quite contently like an old woman with a pipe.
Tomorrow? We shall see.

No pics today, as it would be one of the same as above. Will add more as SHE sees fit!

Thanks so much, Blessings to you too...

PS - I'm a girl.
But I love the page you made and I'll stick it right in my Etna Bookmraks! I hope everyone here checks the page out, it's GREAT!

peace

edit on 15-1-2011 by silo13 because: ps

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tzavros
reply to post by MoorfNZ

This is a silly question. I run windows 7 on high speck computers but whatever I do I can't see streaming
What am I doing wrong?

That link to the streaming video is Windows Media player. you may want to click on the 'Windows Update' and click on Windows Media Player 11 (if its still v11..) and download it, and check update afterwards again..

You may also need Divx and Xvid codec's... (codec's are like the video 'drivers' for streaming or down-loadable video)... those are free... search for "Divx codec download" and "Xvid codec download".

OR... it could be your browser settings turning video off... check TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS then click the tab ADVANCED and scroll down and look for Video, make sure its checked.

Check your browser's privacy and security settings too.. a 'too strict' setting won't even allow flash to play...
Hope this helps! The images are amazing.. (The night pics of the glowing lava were breathtaking!!!)
edit on 1/17/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a071ff5f1af.jpg[/atsimg]

This morning Etna was up to something - putting out some steam but not ash that I could see.
But, She looks like She’s getting warm again. Will keep the photos coming as She (and the weather) permits.

peace

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thank you.
And you take care. I know if I was there I would be way too close with my camera.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi All,
I haven't been able to check out any online sites about her activity but I can tell you this: Etna was putting out steam all day. Lots of it. And now? She's just too quiet. Meaning no earth tremors and it's times like this I want to keep my eyes open! (I feel when she has no earth tremors something may be building up)...

So, I'll get some batteries tonight for my camera and hopefully more pics for you all tomorrow morning.
Between now and then I hope She doesn't pull a fast one!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Hi All,
I haven't been able to check out any online sites about her activity but I can tell you this: Etna was putting out steam all day. Lots of it. And now? She's just too quiet. Meaning no earth tremors and it's times like this I want to keep my eyes open! (I feel when she has no earth tremors something may be building up)...

So, I'll get some batteries tonight for my camera and hopefully more pics for you all tomorrow morning.
Between now and then I hope She doesn't pull a fast one!

our personal Etna journalist XD

stay safe my friend and thank you for your updates

RESPECT

edit on 11-2-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I took this pic yesterday at sunrise (thus all the pink) and honestly I didn't like the photo as it's not showing a true representation of what She's really up to - which is more than what you see in the photo!

All day (yesterday) She was putting out not one, but two streams of ash and steam mix but I was unable to get a photo. (You know that thing of never having a camera when you need it.)

Anyway, will add this photo and hope today (thought it's overcast) I can get something more.

Again, She's up to something - but what? Could just be Her day to day activity and it may be just the heebie-jeebies (I get) when the 'ground' is so quiet (no earth tremors) that has me anxious.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fedc2f38e9c.jpg[/atsimg]

peace
edit on 13-2-2011 by silo13 because: peace

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is posted later than I usually like to - but - I was on the road so I’m about an hour late in getting it aboard ATS! Also, please forgive the pic! The ones that come just before night fall really play havoc with my digital cam - but I took this about an hour and a bit ago.

Anyway, here She is doing her ‘puff and blow’ and putting off more substance than steam this time!
Don’t confuse what you see with clouds, believe me it's not - it's what Etna is spewing out as it falls away from the mouth of the crater!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f421d377845.jpg[/atsimg]

I'll keep a look out tomorrow morning and hope there’s more to show. Between now and then keep your eye on RSOE if you’re interested!

Also - thought I would have liked to manipulate the photo I didn’t - but check out the slash of dark color on the left hand side. That’s where the snow’s melted due to lava flow!

Peace from the foot of Etna...

edit on 24-2-2011 by silo13 because: extra DIV

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Finally - This morning brings just the conditions my camera likes!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cac5c2088e5f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3489b23c89c1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe0056b1bace.jpg[/atsimg]

I’ve been waiting for three days for these pictures - She’s been active but She’s also been hiding behind the clouds making a good shot impossible... Well, not anymore!

Enjoy!

edit on 27-2-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join