It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN vs Al Jazeera: CNN Loses over Wikileak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I was sitting here at 12:00 yesterday happy that Wikileaks actually leaked the video and i thought and posted the question which MSM will pick this up? I wondered if Russia Today would pick it up before cnn and ofcourse that happened.

Infact Fox beat CNN and so did the huffingtonpost!

But the biggest surprise was the fact that Al Jazeera posted before CNN. And in this CNN vs Al Jazeera photo you can see how much of a joke CNN is. iPad and Tiger talk is far more important than the Reuters killing.

What the hell is going on? CNN had to pick up this story after sitting on it for hours. There were even reports of people's iReport stories on this subject being taken down within 30 minutes of posting them.

We are in trouble!

Click the link below for the image fullscreen

i.imgur.com...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Even my local newspaper published this story before CNN did - amazing. Luckily there are alternatives to CNN.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
CNN - The Most Trusted Name in News. *Barf*

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So what news source do you guys recommend? I do not watch local news and i am tired of CNN's antics.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Truth is a very powerful thing my friend. I have always thought CNN was a joke. Now I know it is.

I can't even stand to watch our MSM these day's. Our MSM is controlled by the scum of the Earth. I wonder how "they" would like to be on the receiving end of the guns of those Apache's?

I would pay dearly to see that one.

It looked to me like fifty caliber rounds were used on those civilians in the video. Wasn't it considered by the Geneva accord "in-humane" to use fifty caliber weapons on human beings?

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
CNN is owned by Turner who has pretty much been pressured for a while after the Elite saw how he was running the show. Remember back when CNN was actually a good source of info? I don't expect CNN to ever get better because of the squeeze the elite, mainly the Rockefellers and crew put on Turner. Then realize Reuters was created and is owned by the Rockefellers themselves. Just wanted to point that out because if you understand these things and why they are like they are, it is very easy to see why we get a lot of disinfo mixed with the outright ignoring of major controversial stories on these two media sources. Why do you think I use the internet for news? Because Fox, CNN, Reuters, and many more are all controlled sources.

Al Jazeera is a great news source. I actually read Al Jazeera daily, and use it for many of my sources on this site.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

The thing that makes this even more ridiculous is that ats members were e-mailing them the story yet they still ignored it no matter how many people e-mailed the story to them.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
So what news source do you guys recommend? I do not watch local news and i am tired of CNN's antics.

Surprising as it may be, Al Jazeera English appears to be the best source of unbiased world news at this point. It picks up stories not even hinted at in the Fox/CNN worldview. I think it's managed by an ex-CBC guy, and I believe David Frost is involved as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So Russia Today and Al Jazeera are the best news sources?!? LOL

That is pretty F'ing funny.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Zeus you are incorrect, there is nothing in Geneve that says you cant use a 50 Caliber machine gun, on human beings.

Now to the topic, You figured CNN would release this to push there anti-Bush pro Obama movement.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
So Russia Today and Al Jazeera are the best news sources?!? LOL

That is pretty F'ing funny.

I couldn't attest to the comic section...nor to Russia Today. Care to actually explain yourself?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Apache helicopters use 30mm rounds...
Russia Today is a good news source to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Zeus you are incorrect, there is nothing in Geneve that says you cant use a 50 Caliber machine gun, on human beings.

Correct. Some nations have mad it their own rule that their own forces should be prohibited from using such ammunition on people if possible. But you are still allowed to use it if the situation demands it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Now to the topic, You figured CNN would release this to push there anti-Bush pro Obama movement.

What really makes the difference what rounds were used. Either way it was wrong.
I was totally on topic.
Are you condoning this kind of behavior? Or, is this another desperate attempt to attack me again.

Either way, carry on.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What a bunch of crap.

Unless my Dead grandmother tells me I don't trust ANY MSM news source.

Russia, Al Jazera CNN. What a load.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Correct. Some nations have mad it their own rule that their own forces should be prohibited from using such ammunition on people if possible. But you are still allowed to use it if the situation demands it.

Yes. And the situation did not demand it.
Back on topic.

Perhaps we will see the next headline on CNN reading " Zeus, a member of Above Top Secret was incorrect about the use of fifty caliber machine guns on human beings! Hooray!!"

Besides, I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about Tiger woods anyways. It would be my pleasure to breath new life into our obviously failed news sources.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The thing is, CNN, I firmly believe, tries to get absolute confirmation of source before it releases information...this puts them far behind reactionary news networks. This allows them the double edged sword effect where they end up with less instances of egg on their face for reporting false info, but also it makes them lag soo far behind the other networks and news sources.

I am not sure how to think of this...I mean, if its on CNN, then its probably a truth, but its typically a old truth.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The thing is, CNN, I firmly believe, tries to get absolute confirmation of source before it releases information...this puts them far behind reactionary news networks.
The other morning I watched CNN, patiently awaiting information concerning the warrant used to arrest the "Christian Militia". Several times the anchor referred to the accused as "suspected militia". Granted, they are militia and they are suspected of something, but if repeated enough one begins to associate the two. Since militia membership is not criminal, this seems reactionary. Maybe they should have a bit of egg on their faces for that.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i was thinking the same thing. I was like wow tiger woods are u kidding me?

a black guy bones 10 white girls and that is news.

A leaked video of journalists and children gunned down by a us military helicopter that is a hiccup.

Yeah they are useless.

join