It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands up if you're a little confused...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi ATS members.

I've been a member for around a week now, and have read a few threads, posted a few comments, sent a few U2U's etc. I figured it would be appropriate to post a brief thread about me, and about my background, in order to hopefully find a few people who resonate with the same subjects that I find most interesting.

Where to begin..?

Well, firstly I'm male, late twenties and live near Manchester, UK. I'm married and have a couple of young kids. I also own a few pets. I'm off work due to a sickness/ redundancy combo, and I'm trying to set myself up as a writer.

So, that's the main bit. There's an undercurrent though, something that's been around for as long as I have. From youth, I started to have strongly 'plotted', sometimes apocalyptic dreams. I felt strongly that I didn't belong, and ran away on multiple occasions - to where or whom I had no idea, and invariably I was brought back at some point, even more miserable than before.

In addition, I started to have eery thoughts about close family members and friends being 'in' on some sort of conspiracy, the object of which was unclear, remaining so even now. Various things, only explicable as strange, carefully crafted social/domestic scenarios, led me to hold powerfully delusional beliefs about who I was, and what my place was in the scheme of things.

I began to see myself as somehow physically different from the people around me. I exhibit physical traits that no-one in my immediate or extended family shares, and yet have been immediately passed on to my own children. In addition, I lack the prevalent traits that are commonplace among my relatives.

My parents started to say odd things, about extraterrestrials and genetic experimentation, relating both of these things DIRECTLY to me. There's a few cracking examples of such things, and I'll share those at a future point.

This combination of several years of various Snip events led me to be admitted to a psych ward aged 17. I became homeless on being 'released', and ended up going on a weird trek around the UK (seeking answers in a desperate fashion) met by a whole host of people who shared information with me; info that only confirmed the presence of 'something' inexplicable 'going on' around me. The trigger that caused me to set off on this mini-quest was the receipt of a text message stating simply: "What do cowboys do when they see dolphins with three legs coming out of the sea..?" Obviously that's weird. What makes it even stranger is that it was a brand new mobile phone, less than a day out of the box, and I hadn't shared the number with ANYONE - not even family or the very few friends I still had. It was sent from outside the UK, and as I recall had the prefix +34 or +36. I replied, utterly confused, and received no response.

A few weeks later, in Salisbury, a man approached me and started a conversation - when I explained the message, he told me it had been sent by aliens.

There's loads more, but I'll add it in a minute - my youngest is covered in chocolate and I need to go sort it out.

Cheers

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NoahTheSumerian

Welcome...

but I'll add it in a minute

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5aa6c6240fc1.jpg[/atsimg]

Get back here..! I was getting into it...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Very interesting, I await your conclusion.

Seems like you will fit right in here.

Now for all you members who are going to start ripping this apart in a few posts, please refrain from doing so until the man has finished speaking.

No reason to scare off another intelligent first timer with our tin foil nonsense.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Hi there - glad it's of interest so far; I'll pick up where I left off...

In fact, no I won't - I'll drop back a bit, to the time before the little trek round the UK.

Growing up I started hanging round with a 'bad crowd' - it seemed that I was naturally drawn to the wrong side of the tracks, and I spent a lot of time smoking weed and drinking underage in our local area. There was a lot of underground Drum n' Bass music being passed around by 'friends', and quite often there would appear to be symbolic/ subliminal - or even overt - message in the music to people located in our area; acquaintances of mine, and even some addressed to myself. It started to happen not just when I was stoned, but also when totally sober and otherwise seemingly sane - I would hear my name being said on the tracks.. I referred to it a few times with these 'friends' and was more often than not met with a sly, cryptic smile.

Around the same time, I visited my mother's house. My mother was chatting on the phone with my aunt. With an odd - almost devilish - smile, she said 'there's an alien in my kitchen' to my aunt while I was getting some food from the fridge. My parents were divorced, so while I was having these problems I would drop in from time to time.my stepfather is a freemason, though that was never directly divulged to me, it came second-hand from my brother.

One of my stepbrothers stood near to me the day after and started 'chanting', saying: "Fire and Pain Baby, Fire and Pain" quite a few times. He was five years old at the time. Grinning manically, he ignored me completely when I asked what he was saying.

My father was meeting me after work once, to help me out with some cash, and he started to talk about 'weird, secretive genetic engineering experiments', and pointed out a building next to his place of work, saying it all went on there, around the time I was born.

Again, around the same time, I was smoking weed casually with a couple of acquaintances near the local railway station. A homeless guy known locally as 'Father Christmas' (due to his white hair and beard) came and asked to share a joint. Chat ensued and he said to me "What's your name..?" I replied, and then he smiled (again, a cryptic, though in this case apparently well-intentioned smile), saying "are you sure it isn't Michael..?" He continued to hang around for a few weeks, and we saw him again several times. Each time, he made reference to strange spiritual principles of empowerment - even talking about martial combat abilities becoming available if a person is 'true to himself'. My 'friends' would always try to ridicule him and move away - or other 'friends' would suddenly arrive with a good supply of dope and beer, to be shared on condition the homeless guy left.

Again, I've got things to do here at home at the minute, so I'll come back and add some more stuff in a bit.

Sorry that it's all a bit sketchy at the moment - I've not thought about these things for a while. Hopefully the act of writing things down will help me recover more memories.

That's another curious thing. I can recall barely anything about the first twenty years of my life. Most things that happened would have seemed very strange to someone not coming from this background, but to me it was the daily bread of experience.

Therefore, much of it I've forgotten due to the heightened anxiety I was experiencing throughout.

Anyway, perhaps once it's all there I can make a 'final edit' for proper assessment and analysis.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I can't wait. Really

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Sounds like the Manchester I know. The drones wandering around in their daydream while the rest of us know the true reality of the world around us.

Infact Alderley Edge isn't too far from Manchester, with its tales of Myths and Legends that stem from the Faultline (the same of which carry's the Ley-Lines right into the city Centre of Manchester.)
As is the UFO Hotspot of the Pennines where I reside, even last month there's been 2 major UFO Sightings around the local towns and no doubt many more unreported so far this year.

The Materialistic world does confuse me, but those who are awaken I can give all the time in the world for.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ooooh, star and flag to you!

This is kinda interesting to read. I want to hear more about the dreams and the traits you think are unusual about you. I wait impatiently for you to continue...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Like he says he wants to be a writer, its clearly what he is practising, all seems very story book to me.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by DigitalKid]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Mod note: No discussion of recreational drug use is allowed.

[edit on 4/21/2010 by TheRedneck]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalKid

Dude - I swear I'm not making this up. Isn't it a bit too 'obvious' and convenient to say that I'm lying because I want to be a writer, and somehow this thread is me practicing..?

Surely if I wanted to make it up and keep it believable I'd have refrained from telling the truth about my professional ambition. I enjoy writing, but I would not write about my own personal experience, as it would never get commissioned (I'm interested in writing for the TV). Please refrain from making insensitive speculative comments on a thread which is hopefully going to prove therapeutic for me.

And yes, it is a bit 'story book', but part of the apparent 'conspiracy' surrounding my circumstance, is that it has been planned out and manipulated according to a pre-meditated set of guidelines for the 'plot'. Clear enough? I took offence when I first read your post, but on reflection I can understand your doubts. Please just accept my assurance that I'm only presenting the truth of my life, no aspect of this thread will be fictitious.

If you like I can start a different thread with an an ongoing fictitious storyline - but it's not this one. THIS THREAD DEALS WITH REAL LIFE - MY LIFE, so please, 'be gentle'...

Many thanks to everyone for the interest and support. I'm going to have a go at drafting a timeline of major events and 'indicators of conspiracy', as my second post was a bit mixed up (events accurate, just not in the exact chronological order, plus some key events were forgotten).

Back Soon...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Looking forward to hearing what you've got.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

You say: "but part of the apparent 'conspiracy' surrounding my circumstance, is that it has been planned out and manipulated according to a pre-meditated set of guidelines for the 'plot'. Clear enough? "

I would offer that this might be true for everyone; not just you. Sorry if u thought u are special in this regard.

Perhaps the main difference is that you are aware of it. Don't be afraid tho, cuz the plot is there for a reason, and it will play out. Might as well enjoy the ride. Part of the mystery of life to me is to try and become conscious of the lesson I am supposed to be learning from all of this; although I am not sure if that is even necessary. But like you, I do want to know.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Thank you for this.

It is stories like these that catch my interest as I love learning about people and how they think and such. Thanks again!
--

Father Christmas sounds like a plant to me, someone there to watch over the area...

As for the testing and such, possibly!! It is highly apparent that you are adopted and according to your speculation possible that you may be something more special than a normal human.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Hey there Wayno

I appreciate your input - please believe me when I say that I don't consider myself 'special'... I'm twenty-eight years old, and have been around long enough to get some basic understanding of the equality of man...

Anyway, I agree with you to almost entirely the same degree. I see life on Earth as a sort of (albeit tragic) cosmic drama, in which we all play a part. Roles are cast according to Karma or some element of pre-destination in the world of the ethereal. In saying such, I don't believe that people are 'punished' with dire circumstance as some might have us believe (NB - I don't consider myself to have ever been in 'dire' circumstance; in many respects I've been very privileged).

However, those things considered: That there has been a 'plot' to manipulate the circumstances of my early life (which to some degree continues to this day), I have no doubt... That it is different to what is experienced by most? Again, I have no doubt. That it makes me in any way 'special' or 'important' - well, as I say, I don't believe that for a heartbeat. It's as likely as anything to have been a cosmic 'roll of the dice'...

Would be great if you would drop back and give some more feedback later on.. The 'autobiography' (for want of a better way of expressing it) will hopefully gain in credibility and coherence once I finish working out the more detailed account and chronology, as mentioned in my last post.

Many thanks,

Noah.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Hi there - thanks for your comment and thoughts on the matter.

Glad you feel that there's a good level of believability; one of the underpinning principles of the manipulation seems to have been: 'If it seems 'more incredible than could ever be true - well, then people simply won't believe him...'

In regards to your assessment of the 'Father Christmas' guy, I actually hold the reverse opinion. He seems to have been someone 'living outside the system', or 'off the grid', who often contradicted the advice and words of the 'friends' around me - much to their annoyance. As such he was often ridiculed and sent away (by those who I now assume were not actual friends, but rather my 'handlers'). He seemed to have been interested mainly in dropping hints that all was not as it appeared to be.

There were a number of similarly odd characters who cropped up here and there, offering similar hints - that the life I was leading was (to a fairly high degree) a sham.

As I've started to think a bit more about things, more and more memories are surfacing - including:

- Incidents of 'missing time',
- People who would show up at different stages of life in different 'roles',
- Common and recurring patterns of manipulation (what I now assume were 'tactics')
- Odd, blatant, lies that were told to me regarding me, my history and my family's history
- Physical evidence of something 'weird' going on.
- Circumstantial evidence supportive of a manipulated life.

I'll pick up the pace (though I have family responsibilities of my own nowadays), and should have another post for you all by this evening.

Thanks again for the interest and support so far,

Noah.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Very interesting thread, Noah.

Can't wait to hear more! Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nothing in this life is ever at all what it seems. If you were priveleged, I would say the manipulation you call it is more like grooming. Your parents and friends grooming you to become "elitist" maybe. I don't find most of those things odd. And I jokingly tell my son he's been left by aliens all the time. Since he was small. Only because he was well beyond his years, I used to call him little old man.

But not saying it can't be true. I never met an alien before, so welcome (or a hybrid), so hope you enjoy this hell we call earth.
this life we falsely call the real world. Hope you find answers.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hi Idyserenity

I was just nipping back to this thread to apologise for not posting a continuation yet - been busy with the kids this evening.

Just a quick point - when I said I'd been 'privileged', I meant in comparison to the starving masses of the third world. I certainly wasn't raised in an elitist home - lower middle class, my father was divorced and had zero elitist connections (going off the friends he had through his social activities).

I would respectfully disagree that the events of my childhood/ early adulthood were 'normal' by any stretch of the imagination. But in fairness, you are entitled to an opinion. My aim here isn't to 'convince' anyone of the reality of my life - it was started as a casual means by which I could attain greater understanding of the things which confused me as I grew up.

I won't be offering any further defence of my belief in (for the hell of it, lets give it a name) 'the manipulation'. Frome hereon out it'll be just an explanation of the facts and the circumstance, some subjective testimony about experiences of my psyche, and some thoughts on what my interpretations are (both past and present).

I appreciate that you phrased your comment in a sensitive way. It would be very easy for someone to wade in and say 'what a *******, he's obviously making it all up'. Which, as stated previously isn't the case.

Many thanks - and sorry to everyone for the delay in continuing the thread properly.

Noah.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
welcome to ats, i just joined myself, always was a lurker for nearly 2 years. i joined so i can post about the earth battery i cant believe its not on ats yet. dont steal my idea!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hi again everyone - thanks for your patience.

I figured I'd start the chronology afresh, from earliest memories. There's very little I recall about my early years, but what is there, when considered in addition to more recent memories, seems to point to the twilight zone. And once again; please don't think this is an attention-seeking or fictional exercise; I have a pretty good life these days and don't need to draw attention in that way (even though ATS is anonymous, you'll catch my drift hopefully).

So - I was born on an RAF base in N. England in the early eighties. My father was a civilian officer, my mother a housewife.

The very first memory I have was being at some sort of daycare centre. Thinking about it as I write, there would be no reason to be in daycare, as my mother didn't work and had no contacts locally apart from other RAF families - I went everywhere she went. I never attended daycare again, this occasion apparently the only time I was there.

Anyway - I was two years old.

Having played football for a while with the 'big kids', I tripped on the ball and fell over. I got straight up and wasn't in any pain; I carried on playing for a bit. Then, I went inside to ask something (can't recall what) of one of the staff - it had a reception, and looking back it makes me think more of a doctor's clinic than a daycare centre - they had a tannoy speaker, and the receptionist was phoning internal extensions for some reason. I remember standing on tiptoes trying to see over to where she was sat. I've never seen a daycare centre for babies/ toddlers with a reception area like that since. There were no other kids inside. Anyway, I was told to wait on the wall outside as my mother was coming to collect me.

All the kids had suddenly gone - to where I don't know, I didn't see them leave. I sat on the wall, looking down the road to where the sun was setting in the distance, and saw a woman heading towards me - appearing as though over the horizon as she walked up the hill. That mental image is incredibly clear. No traffic, no sound, no people anywhere. The only thing apart from the sunset was the woman walking up the hill. I didn't stand up to greet her, and don't recall being glad to see her, or thinking 'here's mummy' - there was just a slight element of confusion. I looked up at her as she stood in front of me; she offered me her hand and walked me inside again (to 'sign me out' I suppose).

Thinking about it as I write, my motor skills and communication skills were in advance of a 2 yr olds.. Perhaps more like a 4 year old.

Anyway, the next thing I remember was being in a hospital - probably on the base - it could have been the same day, I have no idea. I was given a pair of thick glassed spectacles to wear, which I couldn't see through at all, and remember being asked loads of questions by different people who entered and exited the room in quick succession. I don't recall any of the questions. I was x-rayed more than once, and had something like gromits put into my ears; various physical checks on my legs, spine and skull (the memory is a bit fuzzy, but I was there for a long time, with no apparent pattern to it). I remember asking what was put into my ears, and I was told 'nothing'. Another set of tests were carried out, blood was taken - I asked why, and was told 'in case you ever have an accident'.

Apparently, at some point during all this, a cast was put on my leg (though I don't remember this happening). I was told, years later, that when I slipped on the football I had broken my leg - and that was the reason I was in hospital.

Soon after I was seen by a physiotherapist, who gave me exercises to improve my posture and walking. This may seem irrelevant, but there's a particular reason it strikes me as important; I'll come back to it in a future post.

Right. That'll do for now; I appreciate it's a bit dull so far, but it's the foundation on which everything else rests..!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join