It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there a camouflaged installation in AZ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
c2c

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20242d2b88ba.jpg[/atsimg]

[color=limegreen]Man-made Mountain?

Cam E. shares video (Watch: WIN | REAL) shot from an airplane of what appears to be a strange man-made mountain. Cam's detailed description follows...

Flying back from Mexico a couple of years ago I was recording video out the window, bored with the long flight. What I taped was a 'fake-looking' mountain covered in what looks like mesh. I have asked a few people that should know what it is and nobody would explain it. One person I talked to was a friend of a friend who had worked at NORAD. He looked at me after I told him, kind of chuckled nervously and said, "I wish I could tell you," as if he knew what it was but could not tell me.

My guess is that it is several miles long comparing it to the mine. If you look closely, you can see that it has ribs under the mesh covering to give us a guess on the hieght and also that it is a hollow structure.

Google Earth provides a street view of the highway going in from the south to within a few miles. I also looked up the exact spot on using the same program and they show only images of before the mountain. The timeline of satelite photos shows inconsistancies of trying to hide something.

The mountain borders an old mining site.

The coordinates are 32' 42' 04.72" N, 110' 40' 36.39" W. It's just to the west of Mamoth, north-northeast of Tuscon
seems accessible. so, any ATSers in that area? anyone care to shed light on the image?

c2c

[edit on 4-4-2010 by reject]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Excellant find ! Could be the CIA's little stash place for all the drugs they are moving , maybe .

Probably something crashed there and that was the only way to hide it would be my guess. At least we know the location so one of us that is close could do some ground work.

s&f

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Nice find OP!!

Looks very suspicious indeed!!

Looking forward to an exiciting explanation!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What is the name or number of the highway going in from the south to within a few miles ??

Im having a hard time with google. Ground directions is what I want. Can you provide that OP? Thanks

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Seems to me that the "artificial hill" is just waste material from the open mine you see the top of in the bottom of the image. That it's waste material will be covered with some kind of mesh seems pretty normal as this would prevent the dust from the waste materials to blow around all over the place. There might be som undesired minerals being released when the rock is crushed, or there are regulations to how much of the landscape the mining company are allowed to change.

If there was a point in hiding something underground, you wouldn't notice it from the air with an artificial net on top like that. You simply wouldn't notice it at all...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
WOW! This is what I like to see. This is a great find.

I'd love to know what it was for, What it's hiding and all the other little secrets.
I hope it's not cover for some old mining equipment or something. I doubt it though.

At the Lower Left it looks as though that could be another Cover for something. Maybe Someone is building a new underground base..??

I can imagine all sorts of things with this picture. Damn it... lol

I think the OP has captured something that's worth looking at.

Great Job...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Great post but the coordinates are wrong. I've tried scanning google earth but no luck yet in finding this mountain. Anyone else having such problems?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Hmmmmm... interesting. Your coordinates landed me at the National Geophysical Institute in Rome, Italy... Or was that intentional?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Very good find! thats defintely something artificial. The coloring and texture is to homogenous for a natural structure!

Wonder what its hiding.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

here how it looks like in google earth
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/785312e35eaf.jpg[/atsimg]

imagery date jul 21,2003

probably is or was an old mining site.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this is a hanger for the giant triangle that is spoted from time time, including the well known incident over Phoenix in '97.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A link to the appropriate area of Google Maps.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by firegrind]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by firegrind]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
if it is an old mining site it could just be a pile of dust, dirt, and rock from the mines, or they filled it back in. I don't think this is anything special, but still a good find OP

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
After looking at Google Maps, there is a Cover or Roof over some Buildings in the Lower Left.

If it were only the mining site that was covered, I'd be consistent with the idea that maybe it is just a "Filled In" mining site.

It could be nothing but, Why Cover the buildings?

It's all very interesting to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hmmm, Double post again..

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well one of you Desert Rats from the area need to shimmy your Jedi fanny over there and taketh a picture.....( Elvis voice insert here) uhhh thank ya very much.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This appears to be the old Mammoth mine complex, but in recent times the San Manuel mine. Here is a link to a mine-related site..click on the Map tab:

www.mindat.org...

Some more research on these names turns up a reclamation project that began in the early 2000's and was completed a few years ago (jives with the dates on Google maps). This company has some more details on the sheer scope of the project:

hsecreport.bhpbilliton.com...

So, the area appears to be reclaimed mine territory, but I can't find any recent pictures of that particular pit. I agree with another comment that true concealed stuff by the government would look much better than this. However, mine reclamation would be an excellent cover story to get a cheap hole in the ground.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by qwerty123]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Google Earth image dated June 20, 2007 (exaggrated elevation looking North):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5f4454224f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Google Earth image current (exaggrated elevation looking North):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ea49814fc94.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty suspicious the way it's camoflaged in the OP. What is it?

[edit on 4/4/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

[edit on 4/4/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The 2007 Google Earth image confirms that the area is backfilled...there is a clear bulldozer track around the summit of the filled-in hill. Given the date, it's possible that a smooth top layer was added after 2007.

So, a great job of mine reclamation.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by qwerty123
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

The 2007 Google Earth image confirms that the area is backfilled...there is a clear bulldozer track around the summit of the filled-in hill. Given the date, it's possible that a smooth top layer was added after 2007.

So, a great job of mine reclamation.

I agree... definitely mine reclamation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join