It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As promised: Zecharia Sitchin sends you a warm "Hello"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Back in January Mr Sitchin was interviewed by THE NEW YORK TIMES and the article was turned into a thread: Aliens and UFOs » NY Times Intervews Zecharia Sitchin posted on 11-1-2010 @ 05:16 PM
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In one of my 2 replies I said that since Mr Sitchin and I live a few city blocks apart chances were good that I would run into him: "But if I run into Sitchin I'll say hello for the whole ATS Aliens and UFOs forum members."

Today I ran into him. I was getting ready to exit the local STAPLES when I saw this older man, slightly stooped, walking with a cane, walking towards me. He reminded me of a neighbor but I called out to him: "Mr Sitchin?" He looked up and I introduced myself. I mentioned the TIMES article and added that a thread had been made about him here and my promise to say hello to him from all you admirers.

He was gratefully polite, thanking me by name. While walking home and thinking of what I was going to say on this thread it occurred to me that I forgot to take his photo, or of both of us by a STAPLES employee, since I always carry a digicam with a 12X optical zoom for that occassional UFO! But in the excitement of the meeting I forgot. So take it as an honest report.

Mr Sitchin says "Hello" to all of you UFO and Aliens forum members.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thanks for that! It's great that you were able to pass on to him your appreciation of his work, since it seems so many people apparently make their lives' work calling him names and insulting his work. I await the day that the Anunnaki once again reveal themselves to us so that the naysayers can be exposed as he fools they are!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hey how cool I am currently reading one of Zecharia Sitchins books at the moment, "The Twelfth Planet" Must say some good reading so far as I am half-way through it and it has some profound understandings on the Sumerian/ Chaldeans that seemed to have been influence by the Nephilim.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
most excellent - wonder now if he's gonna start visiting this site? my mom introduced me to his works a while back, great stuff....

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
man i would jump up and down and scream like a school girl if i seen him ... i love his work ... i would love to sit down with this man and have a chat ... would be an experience of a life time

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
you are so lucky, sitchin is the man. period!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
cool

I for one have a hard time believing in his Niburu claims.

As an ET contactee in contact with both the greys and a reptile race I know the deals that get made behind the scenes.. Sometimes good people like David Icke and Sitchin(sp) get disinformation in deals made by good ETs to protect them. Its just how it is. Not that I'm saying Niburu is disinformation...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i just mentioned him on my reply to a post a few minutes ago.
never met him but i got the whole Earth Chronicles series from 1 to 6.
you can never put a good man down.
kudos...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have always wanted to read into his work other than wikipedia, ats and a few other sites. I want to read his books but I am not a member at the local library and my car is currently not working, plus I have no money. So I guess I will continue to rely on internet information about his works. He really intrigues me, I told my mom about him and whenever I mention aliens she just laughs, even though she says she is an 'Alien Agnostic'.

So if anyone knows a great place to read a book of his for free with no download or maybe a place that will ship a book of his for free please give me a link.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Thanks to The Shrike. When I did that thread I was thinking that when I used to work in NYC, if I would have known about Sitchin then I would have loved to meet him.

If you see him again, tell him that the author of the thread's father does not believe in aliens, but his book The Twelfth Planet sure makes him scratch his head. Secretly, I don't think my father wants to admit it, but I think that book made him a believer. He sure talks about it a lot. It is the only thing that makes sense to him about ET traveling the vast distances of the universe.

Tell him that he might have changed one of the most skeptical persons on the planet. That is if you see him again.

Anyway, I'm a bit jealous and thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Thanks to The Shrike. When I did that thread I was thinking that when I used to work in NYC, if I would have known about Sitchin then I would have loved to meet him.

If you see him again, tell him that the author of the thread's father does not believe in aliens, but his book The Twelfth Planet sure makes him scratch his head. Secretly, I don't think my father wants to admit it, but I think that book made him a believer. He sure talks about it a lot. It is the only thing that makes sense to him about ET traveling the vast distances of the universe.

Tell him that he might have changed one of the most skeptical persons on the planet. That is if you see him again.

Anyway, I'm a bit jealous and thanks for posting.

I can always meet Zech (I'm 72 so I can shorten his name!) just by waiting outside his apartment house and maybe even requesting that he let me visit him. But my respect for his privacy prevents my bothering him. And while I admire him on a certain level, I'm not a ET alien accepter so his theories are lost on me. But I always love running into celebrities in my neighborhood where I've met approx. 200 movie stars, musicians, singers, etc.

Last night I and my wife had dinner at a local sushi restaurant and I recognized Mark Linn-Baker walking in and I greeted him and he was extremely happy to be recognized since he has aged.

I've met U2's Bono, Michael Douglas, Beverly Sills, Tony Randall, Keanu Reeves, and a ton others almost all outside my apartment house. There's no place like Manhattan's Upper West Side!

I'm sure that one of these days I'll see Zech again and I'll make sure I remember to whip out my digicam and have a photo of us taken. I'll find this thread from the archives and post the photo to give you all an additional thrill.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

What an egotistical stroking thread this is.

I don't believe you - you have provided no proof - and what the Dickens does this have to do with UFOs or ETs?

HOAX!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

I don't believe you - you have provided no proof - and what the Dickens does this have to do with UFOs or ETs?

HOAX!

Ha! This is exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. There is an entire industry built up around hate towards Zecharia Sitchin. Fortunately, once one knows the truth, fools such as this no longer have the power to provoke that they think they do.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

HOAX!

Ha! This is exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. There is an entire industry built up around hate towards Zecharia Sitchin. Fortunately, once one knows the truth, fools such as this no longer have the power to provoke that they think they do.

Oh, I think easynow was just getting back at me for my negative comments about another thread dealing with Fatima which he supports. He may like Sitchin but he may not like me!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Oh, I think easynow was just getting back at me for my negative comments about another thread dealing with Fatima which he supports. He may like Sitchin but he may not like me!

huh ?

i haven't even posted anything in this thread !
did you imagine i did and did you also imagine you talked to Sitchin ?
is this a Hoax ?

if you live just a couple blocks away from him as you claim then i think you need to go back over there and get a picture. that shouldn't be to difficult since you already met him ?
the only thing that crossed your mind to talk about was that you mentioned him in a thread ? what's up with that ? LOL

i would have at the very least asked him some questions about the Sumerian cuniform script , and i would have also offered to buy him lunch just so i could pick his brain !

and for the record, i like everyone here at ATS including you. just because we don't agree on some topic we were debating doesn't mean i don't respect or appreciate your opinions.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

huh ?

i haven't even posted anything in this thread !
did you imagine i did and did you also imagine you talked to Sitchin ?
is this a Hoax ?

if you live just a couple blocks away from him as you claim then i think you need to go back over there and get a picture. that shouldn't be to difficult since you already met him ?
the only thing that crossed your mind to talk about was that you mentioned him in a thread ? what's up with that ? LOL

i would have at the very least asked him some questions about the Sumerian cuniform script , and i would have also offered to buy him lunch just so i could pick his brain !

and for the record, i like everyone here at ATS including you. just because we don't agree on some topic we were debating doesn't mean i don't respect or appreciate your opinions.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by easynow]

First, I owe you an apology for sort-of bad-mouthing you (in a friendly way, now get out of here!) with an unintentional gaffe.

Second, I have a certain respect for Zech but I'm not a supporter of his theories. I don't feel that I have to bother him for anything and will wait for another occurrence where we run into each other. If it happened once, chances are good that it will happen again. Let's wait for serendipity to reoccur. I have nothing to do discuss with him since I haven't been able to finish any of his books that I own and his Sumerian translations have been criticized by other academics.

Our only connection is that I know of him, I have some of his books, he lives in my neighborhood and I recently read about him in THE NEW YORK TIMES. Other than that we have nothing in common. I couldn't have a conversation with him about his knowledge as I would be totally ignorant.

Since he looked like he needed a friend, I assumed that I could lift his spirits by telling him that an unknown number of admirers (including me, a little white lie) were recently discussing him. I think he appreciated our few moments as his eyes sort of lit up and he looked happy for those few moments. I don't know if others on the street recognize him for the "celebrity" he is.

Celebrities in my neighborhood are a dime a dozen. Seeing Michio Kaku and Bernadette Peters at a local flea market, seeing and talking with Bono while he sat at a sidewalk restaurant (Isabella's), saying hello to Michael Douglas or Mark Linn-Baker, or sitting outside my apartment building while Beverly Sills walked her mother, or making Tony Randall laugh, or compliment Keanu Reeves for his performance in "Constantine" make meeting Zech a minor affair. I never know who I'm going to run into when I take a walk. My wife walked with Woody Allen. Whether walking, on a bus, or in the subway, celebrities are doing their thing.

If I had run into Zech at his favorite coffee house I might have asked to join him and somehow tried to enter into a relative conversation.

As a matter of fact, I myself have been confused for celebrities including David Groh, Max Cohen (Sean Gullette), the lead actor in π (also known as Pi), a 1998 black-and white American psychological thriller.

My neighborhood is a gas. I love it. Maybe I'll include the list of approx. 200 celebs I've met. Some big hitters! But nothing beats meeting Rudy Vallee (don't think he's related to Jacques Vallee!).

Meeting Zecharia Sitchin a hoax on my part? No.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Next time you see him, ask him for my money back.

Harte

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Next time you run into him ...perhaps you could ask him what happened with the whole planet-x thing. It's 2010 and still not planet-x

oh and also ask him how that economics degree is helping him with his latest ancient language translations...

[edit on 4/8/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Next time you see him, ask him for my money back.

Harte

How much? For how many books? If he says he'll send you a check, will you mail him your book(s)?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Next time you run into him ...perhaps you could ask him what happened with the whole planet-x thing. It's 2010 and still not planet-x

oh and also ask him how that economics degree is helping him with his latest ancient language translations...

[edit on 4/8/2010 by CaptGizmo]

I could ask him your questions, first qualifying them as originating not from me but from an interested critic. He might not look kindly upon me and might prevent future greetings. He might finish by saying something to me in Sumerian which might not sound like a joke!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join