It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times Intervews Zecharia Sitchin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
They seem to discredit him a bit, agree with him or not, at least he is getting some fanfare. God Speed Sitchin

If you’re going to ask Zecharia Sitchin, be ready for a “Planet of the Apes” scenario: spaceships and hieroglyphics, genetic mutations and mutinous space aliens in gold mines.

It sounds like science fiction, but Mr. Sitchin is sure this is how it all went down hundreds of thousands of years ago in Mesopotamia. Humans were genetically engineered by extraterrestrials, he said, pointing to ancient texts to prove it.

NY Times

[edit on 11-1-2010 by timewalker]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That was a pretty good article.
for NYT.

Sure they treated the matter light-heartedly to keep from alienating any of their readers, but they did not ridicule or even object to any of the theories. All in all it was well done.

Nice find!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
thats really a horrible article.
It barely talks about sitchen at all.
For a guy you really have to hear out, this article is just gonna make him look like a crazy old man. They barely scratch the surface of what he's saying or how he drew his conclusions.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
S&F for the 89-year old man.

I don't agree with everything he says but he's still got a lot of people thinking and talking.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hey, atleast it's getting into the MSM, that's the most important part !

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

lol ya

Atleast.. haha.

I'm surprised tbh at even this.

Sure its a good thing.

Atleast its not spewing out crap hatred and fear cuz I know were all sick of that.

He will be loved and he atleast deserves that.

He is a great man.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
He sure does have alot of people thinking. Also check out Lloyde Pye, he's a follower of stitchen and has is own unique spin on this. Actually he explains the Human Hominid and others on this planet so well that you actually start to wonder about if we are truly supposed to be residing on this planet or not. I don't believe in Niburu, but who knows that could be a name of some other place or time. Pye did a 2 hour presentation on earth hominids and how we don't fit. You can find it on youtube by searching his name.

www.lloydpye.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Yeah. He got me thinking a while back. Even my father who does not believe in much tends to think this is the only way ET's could make here over the vastness of the universe. It is great to see him in the MSM to expose a lot of new people who would not hear of him otherwise. I have not heard of of the person you mentioned I will check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Whether we are to believe him or not, I have to state that at 89 I see no reason for him lie about what he says. Which means he most certainly believes what he says to be true.

Given the information he has been saying it is not illogical that his work would be ripped to shreds by TPTB if what he says is the truth.

All I know is I have seen many people trying to discredit what he says yet the vast majority have not even set eyes upon half the things he has seen, nor have they seen those things in person, nor have they spent their whole lives researching this subject.

All I can say is that if it was me and I was 89, I wouldn't be putting all my remaining effort into continuing to tell the same lie over and over again.

So I guess it boils down to one thing. Do we have enough information to have trust in his character and believe what he says???

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's nice to see major news sources going to alternative figures for information and perspective. I don't really care who is getting interviewed as long it's not always some main stream big wig. This is hopefully the beginning of a news trend in the news media.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's nice to see major news sources going to alternative figures for information and perspective. I don't really care who is getting interviewed as long it's not always some main stream big wig. This is hopefully the beginning of a news trend in the news media.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
.... All I can say is that if it was me and I was 89, I wouldn't be putting all my remaining effort into continuing to tell the same lie over and over again.

So I guess it boils down to one thing. Do we have enough information to have trust in his character and believe what he says???

Old Popes go on and on about their deeply held beliefs. Do I believe them? No. Like you said, check the source of information.

C'mon ET, I know you're out there somewhere... give me a sign, and not some freakin' Blue Beam! Can't blame you for not making yourselves known; many earthlings are savages and our governments are evil.

ps, yeah BIG thumbs UP for Lloyd Pye. Hope he finds the proof.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

If I had something to communicate about with him, I'd join him at the coffee shop or wait for him outside of his apartment house since he is only a couple of blocks from where I live. I could even ask him to let me visit him and being a neighbor interested in his specialty he might invite me up for a cup of coffee. But, unfortunately, I don't share his thoughts. And I'm aware of the criticism leveled against him by what seems to be better qualified academics. His claims rest on a leap of faith and I don't practice faith.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

You and the others who want to believe that Sitchin is right do not seem to realize that all he's got is interpretation. There really are no experts because no one really knows what the tablets really say. One man's interpretation is not necessarily another's. What Sitchin promotes is called pseudoscience.

Sitchin can't say anything solid about the alleged planet Nibiru for there is no evidence for its reality. When you have professional scientists, historians, and archaeologists countering your claims it's time to reconsider them. Age doesn't automatically grant wisdom.

His theories of the creation of earth are just off the wall. Besides, he says that the Anunaki came to earth because they knew there was gold in Africa. How about the California gold fields and ditto for Georgia? If gold was a requisite for their visit we would have evidence of them all over the planet. And we don't.

But if I run into Sitchin I'll say hello for the whole ATS Aliens and UFOs forum members.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Notice the pic in the article, Stichin is holding tablet and underneath they state its from 7000 BC? wouldnt that be false.. maybe 7000 years ago, so did they (NYTimes) make that error on purpose to further spread misinformation..

I see this happening more and more in the news.. numbers different

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Great article. I believe that Sitchen is an absolute kook, but he is a lovable kook. That guy is awesome, and whether I agree or not it would be awesome to just sit and chat with him.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
no, they probably meant 7000 bce. its not uncommon to find things from that era.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

And people like you can't even use your brain to realize that the Earth looked NOTHING like it does today. The continents probably were in completely different orientations so how do you know that North America wasn't part of "Africa" at some point. Or maybe "africa" was a completely different part of the world back then.
Nice but your arguments are utter failures.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

"In Florida, if you don’t have a car, you might as well lay down and die,” he said. “I’ve been all over the Western world and I know of no other place where an older person like myself can survive on his own. I raise my hand, and my chauffeured car — a yellow cab — takes me anywhere. I can call any restaurant or store and get what I need delivered in minutes.” - Z. Sitchin

You see, he can speak the truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well this is baby steps but better than no steps at all. Mainstream coverage of an alternate history of our planet is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

It's still frustrating though that people cant treat this subject maturely. The only real difference between the major religions, and the belief in alien intervention is that the interventionists aren't organized into a belief system that has the structure of a religion. I swear there is enough people out there who believe this stuff, that they could form a religion if they wanted. Then maybe the media would have to treat the subject with a bit more maturity?

/rant off

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join