It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
watching Human sacrafice on discovery channel

from the Mayas, Toltec, Aztecs, kelts and other groups of people
have killed in the Name of GOD, sacraficing capturted victims to their own chosen from groups. from acts of sacrafice for good harvist to having a child.

one intresting one was when they would pick a victim and then lavish him in luxuray for an entire year and then at the end of it rip his heart out.

so not much has changed through out the centuries as it passed, apart from being more main stream and in your face.

and people still Kill for their Gods.

what makes the barberic actions of the past any diffrent from now?
apart from the fact that we have much superior weapons doing the killing

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well yea false religion is evil, true religion is not evil. Not for me and billions of people who live by Gods teachings of love.

I can't even step on a bug without feeling heartbroken.

But to the point. Every society has barberic behavior. Stalin, Lenon, Godless communist nations all barberic in their own rights. It's in human nature, lack of grace, and the emotions of anger that evil and ruthlessness exist in all aspects of life.

The superior weapons I asure you were created by non religious people. And yea they will be in the hands of communist and basically wipe the planet out. So anything interpreted wrong be it religion or communism can be evil.

peace op.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I would not say religion is evil.
Religion itself is a word highly misinterpreted, as are the actions of those who use/ blame religion for war and power over others.
The evil comes completely from those who use religion as an excuse to murder/ sacrifice/ control people.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

yeah, thats kind of bs isnt it?
all weapons are made by none religous people

that i would like to see

in their time their religion was the true religion and anything else was false.
so its just history repeating its self when you say True religion

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

That's Right AD. Words and ideology mean nothing until those that ascribe to them believe that because of their beliefs they are better than others. The Chosen!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No it aint BS. why? because most of those sceintists are of no faith. They make bombs for money and go against the core teachings that most religions preech.

BUT. i could be wrong, there might be a few hypocrites in the scientists area who helped make those bombs claiming to be religious.

So I might be wrong on that one.

Yea it's their true religion. But when I say true religion I mean love.

This is all christ taught.

" Love is the fullfillment of the gospel and love your enemies "

But anyways. I liked access reply.
peace op

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Yea it's their true religion. But when I say true religion I mean love.

This is all christ taught.

" Love is the fullfillment of the gospel and love your enemies "

But isn't this idea of "loving" your "enemies" an incongruity? How can you love someone and yet regard them as an enemy? Labeling someone an enemy is a phobic reaction, a response to a perceived threat to yourself, to those you do love or to your way of life which always evokes behavior within the acute stress response spectrum. Claiming to love your enemy is therefore a contradiction. The person making such a claim is lying. The way out of that is not to "love" someone you have already identified as an enemy but to question and ultimately lay aside the very basis of that identification - your fear. This demands critical thinking which religions always discourage.

Seems to me that religions excel at warning against their perceived threats and the designation of enemies, which always brings them into a hot or cold conflict with their peers. There is no love to be found there.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I believe that spirituality is the most crucial element in being "religious". Too many people say that they are followers of certain religions, yet are spiritually deficient. This is all too common nowadays.

new topics

top topics

join