It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean navy ship sinks, North link played down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Local media reports said at least 59 South Korean sailors survived the attack and an unknown number appeared to have been killed or were missing. A rescue operation was under way.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
*cough* gulf of tonkin *cough*

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
reply to post by lpowell0627

The North has always used this tactic;
Bring out their rusty guns and wave them about, revoking all treaties, for one simple reason: they want aid.

When ever they get "scary", the west calm them down with some aid.
The North knows the procedure...

Actually, the cancellation of the treaty was a first, and I would imagine, as we are seeing now, significant.

From May 2009. Which, yes, I am considering recent.

North Korea announced yesterday that it was abandoning the armistice that ended the Korean War 56 years ago, and threatened war if there were any attempts to search its ships for weapons of mass destruction.

Link: www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This could be a false flag op, after all wikileaks has a video that could sink the us government.someone desperately needs an distraction. Didn't infowars warn of a false flag operation at least 48 or 72 hours ago?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

About a month or so ago the south said it had approved the use of pre-emptive strikes.

link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
On a more happy note...

N Korea vows to nuclear attack the USsame thing different news agency

I have a line form Kentucky fried movie going through my head.

"you have a fighting fowce of etwadanawy magnatude."

for the two people who have seen that movie.

link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Alex Jones warns of a false flag every day. Ofcourse out of 365 days in the year hes bound to get atleast 1 right and say I TOLD U SO I TOLD U SO! BUY MY DVDS NOW!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Have the South retaliated?

It has been a while since a significant amount of casualties from hostilities from these two nations. Let us hope nuclear weapons are not used and the North does not use the massive artillery, stationed on the boarder. Which, can level Seoul in three days.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Didn't infowars warn of a false flag operation at least 48 or 72 hours ago?

Shhh! If Alex Jones hears one person say that, he won't shut up about how fantastic he is for weeks! heh

Rev

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is a map. The South prob should not be playing around so dang close to the boarders. Asking for trouble IMO. news.bbc.co.uk...

link   
North Korea has South Korea by the balls, if the South decides to do any kind of military action get ready for the nuclear fireworks!

link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

Originally posted by star in a jar
Didn't infowars warn of a false flag operation at least 48 or 72 hours ago?

Shhh! If Alex Jones hears one person say that, he won't shut up about how fantastic he is for weeks! heh

I'll make you a wager.

I bet he takes credit for it anyway!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I have a line form Kentucky fried movie going through my head.

"you have a fighting fowce of etwadanawy magnatude."

for the two people who have seen that movie.

Three people. I own the DVD. You have our gratitude. Enormous Gentitals.

NK's pretty lucky I'm not in charge. I'd have taken out every thing that floats or flies when they denounced the treaty. At least we know now why we were restocking Diego Garcia.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Reportedly, the South had returned fire aiming for a ship located "towards" the North.

The South Korean navy has reportedly fired shots at unidentified ships in the direction of North Korea as it investigates whether a sinking vessel in its fleet was struck by a torpedo Friday.

Link: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

South Korea's Korean Broadcasting System said the ship, the Cheonan, was patrolling southwest of the island around 9:45 p.m. when the explosion took place, a military official said.

The official said Navy vessels and helicopters were rescuing crew members, some of whom reportedly jumped into the sea after the blast, the KBS report said.

The official said the Sockcho, another South Korean navy vessel patrolling nearby, fired at unidentified ships north of the area.

en.wikipedia.org...
The ROKS Cheonan (PCC 772) and ROKS Sokcho (PCC 778) are Pohang Class Corvettes

Pohang class corvette
Builders: South Korea
Displacement: 1,350 tons
Armament: 2 OTO Mellara(76mm)/62 compact, 2 Breda 40mm/70, 4 RGM-84D Harpoon SSM, 2 MM-38 Exocet, MK-46 mod 2
Sonar : Signall PHS-32 Hull mounter sonar
Speed: 32 knots
Range: 5,000 at 15 knots
Ships in class: 24
Operators: Republic of Korea Navy
Commissioned: 1 January 1985
Fate: In active service

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-3-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'll make you a wager.

I bet he takes credit for it anyway!

No bet my friend! The bloke has such an inflated ego that him taking credit is inevitable. As someone else has already said (and I paraphrase):

"If you make a prediction every day, you're bound to be right once in a while"

Rev

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

Originally posted by MagoSA

2. Draft soon?

Are there any men left to draft?

I personally don't think a draft would be our next move, however, wouldn't it have to also include women this time around? Equality and all?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
When the major super powers economies aren't looking good the first thing that will boost them is WAR... I pray for the brave men and women on that ship and hope that we don't try and be P.C. about this.. This is an act of war and KJI has wanted it for a long time coming...

Also there is an awesome report on n. Korea on VBS.tv I highly recommend it to anyone that would like to see the craziness that the N. Koreans experience everyday...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
rt.com...

The news broke shortly after North Korea announced it was fortifying its naval force in response to joint US-South Korean military exercises which were held in March 2010.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

The North Korean army conducted dozens of artillery firing drills earlier Friday, according to Seoul's military officials

[edit on 26-3-2010 by TheCoffinman]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join