It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justwhat does reciting the pledge of allegence bind you to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am talking about in the strictest legal sense. I don't know anyone who hasn't recited it. Just what do we commit ourselves to when we as children are taught to say it every day befoe class?

Sorry for the brief post but it just hit me before I fell asleep.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by ..5..]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
As a child, it never really meant much to me just something I had to do. I've noticed the importance of the pledge of allegiance has decreased, teachers really don't give two bullhockeys if you say it or not.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

A good place to start looking is here. Another useful tool is Blacks Law Dictionary.

For the most part we as a country have been duped. Everything has been turned into a play on words. It's your job to understand how words are used and in what context.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

I've really never thought of it as legally binding to anything. It's just a "feel good" little chant to enhance patriotism among citizens.

Simply pledging allegiance: loyalty and respect.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

I am amazed no one has posted this yet.

I would like to add my pledge.

I pledge allegiance to the Federal Reserve of America, and to the elite for their pleasure, one Empire under Satan, divided, with tax and injustice for all!

[edit on 3/25/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reciting the pledge of allegiance is meant to be a sign of patriotism.

A united nation is a strong nation.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It means as much as you want it to.... just like a marriage vow, or an oath to a friend, or a promise to a parent.
You're words are only as good as you are. If the pledge means nothing to you, neither does your country.
Some strike me as quit cynical...fine. But to me, I love my country, I love the ideals, and the opportunities. I've worked hard and America has likewise been good to me... and I do pledge my allegence to the USA.

top topics

join