It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis was a UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I know most people will probably think it is stupid but could it have been a UFO. The shape of it fits most UFO sightings The people were more advanced. A lot of people believe Aliens had a lot to do with a lot of the great buildings and advancements in medicine and astronomy. Atlantis disappeared in a day maybe it just flew back. Any thoughts

[edit on 033131p://pm3143 by ironjello]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
I know most people will probably think it is stupid but could it have been a UFO.

You mean like, an Underwater Flying Object?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sure, why not.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c4274386d8b.jpg[/atsimg]

for reference

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ironjello

But if it were a UFO wouldn't Plato have described it differently? I can't even imagine how mind-blowing seeing a giant civilization sized UFO would have been to someone of his time period let alone to use here and now so I have my doubts that Atlantis was a UFO...

Won't know till we find it I guess.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Your idea is no more stranger than that of many idea's about Atlantis.

There are many reported sightings of USO, like UFO but objects that have been seen in the sky and then diving into the sea / great lakes..

It's an idea that could be a very real possibility... where else could you hide such a place on this planet ??? S&F

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
S&F for your succinct thread title and for thinking outside of the box.

Never looked at it from that angle before, and it quite possibly could be true.
It certainly seems to make sense.

Edit to add: May be the same one that swallowed Jonah???

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Love it! It gives me a new perspective to ponder from and it certainly could be a possibility.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
I know most people will probably think it is stupid but could it have been a UFO. The shape of it fits most UFO sightings The people were more advanced. A lot of people believe Aliens had a lot to do with a lot of the great buildings and advancements in medicine and astronomy. Atlantis disappeared in a day maybe it just flew back. Any thoughts

[edit on 033131p://pm3143 by ironjello]

I actually have ideas along these lines ... but I believe the word 'Atlantis' represented more than one.

I personally think there were at least 3 and probable locations were likely ... Antarctica ... Chichan Itza ... Gizeh Plateau

But that's just me.

Woody

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
But wasnt Atlantis talked about as a great city with giant statues? I think if Atlantis did exist ET destroyed it for unknown reasons.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
But if it were a UFO wouldn't Plato have described it differently?

It may seem like I am following you and commenting, but I am not.

Here your valid question deserves consideration

1: Plato's account, if I am not mistaken, is heresay, meaning He, (Plato) never ever saw or knew of Atlantis prior to this exchange

CHAPTER II.
PLATO'S HISTORY OF ATLANTIS.

PLATO has preserved for us the history of Atlantis. If our views are correct, it is one of the most valuable records which have come down to us from antiquity.

Plato lived 400 years before the birth of Christ. His ancestor, Solon, was the great law-giver of Athens 600 years before the Christian era. Solon visited Egypt. Plutarch says, "Solon attempted in verse a large description, or rather fabulous account of the Atlantic Island, which he had learned from the wise men of Sais, and which particularly concerned the Athenians; but by reason of his age, not want of leisure (as Plato would have it), he was apprehensive the work would be too much for him, and therefore did not go through with it. These verses are a proof that business was not the hinderance:

"'I grow in learning as I grow in age.'

And again:

"'Wine, wit, and beauty still their charms bestow,
Light all the shades of life, and cheer us as we go.'

"Plato, ambitious to cultivate and adorn the subject of the Atlantic Island, as a delightful spot in some fair field unoccupied, to which also be had some claim by reason of his being related to Solon, laid out magnificent courts and enclosures, and erected a grand entrance to it, such as no other story, fable, or Poem ever had. But, as he began it late, he ended his life before the work, so that the more the reader is delighted with the part that is written, the more regret he has to find it unfinished."

There can be no question that Solon visited Egypt. The causes of his departure from Athens, for a period of ten years, are fully explained by Plutarch. He dwelt, be tells us,

"On the Canopian shore, by Nile's deep mouth."

There be conversed upon points of philosophy and history with the most learned of the Egyptian priests. He was a man of extraordinary force and penetration of mind, as his laws and his sayings, which have been preserved to us, testify. There is no improbability in the statement that be commenced in verse a history and description of Atlantis, which be left unfinished at his death; and it requires no great stretch of the imagination to believe that this manuscript reached the hands of his successor and descendant, Plato; a scholar, thinker, and historian like himself, and, like himself, one of the profoundest minds of the ancient world. the Egyptian priest had said to Solon, "You have no antiquity of history, and no history of antiquity;" and Solon doubtless realized fully the vast importance of a record which carried human history back, not only thousands of years before the era of Greek civilization, but many thousands of years before even the establishment of the kingdom of Egypt; and be was anxious to preserve for his half-civilized countrymen this inestimable record of the past.

This was background leading to the account offered in Ignatius Donnelly's work, Atlantis, the Antediluvian World Index, and coming from Chapter II.

It goes on and covers the visit of Solon and the Information the Priest of Sias offered.

2: I have had difficulties with the following words from this account.

But afterward there occurred violent earthquakes and floods, and in a single day and night of rain all your warlike men in a body sunk into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared, and was sunk beneath the sea. And that is the reason why the sea in those parts is impassable and impenetrable, because there is such a quantity of shallow mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island.'

Now excuse me for being contrary to Solon and/or the Preist, but this "Bolded" area I emphasized is a PRESUMPTION at it's best. Certainly a presumption based upon common beliefs of the time, but a presumption nonetheless.

In one single day and night, with Violent earthquakes and Floods, the Island disappeared. This is obvious, but the Assumption of it lying beneath the surface is baffling. Like I noted, this period would certainly not have any comprehension of MANNED FLIGHT, so the conculsions they made may just be reflective of their understanding of things at the time.

It is the "leftovers", that have me wondering.

"because there is such a quantity of shallow mud in the way; and this was caused by the subsidence of the island"

A quantity of Shallow Mud would only be found if something was LIFTED from the Area.

If something sunk, there would be drops and peaks as was evident in the discription of the Island, BUT, if it was "REMOVED" it would only be MUD in place of the Island.

I do believe the PREMISE offered in the Thread is a viable one, based on the account itself.

Here's where I expect many to differ from me in this matter, and that is fine

3: I believe that this was the Spiritaul Habitation Place of GOD, (the Biblical GOD), and he and his Sons habitated this place during and prior to the Recreation Account of Genesis.

I also believe the Spirit of GOD dwelt here, much as it did within the Ark of the Covenant, and that at a period of time when certain Sons/Angels opted to reside upon Earth, and take the Daughters of Man, as noted in Genesis 6, it was Atlantis that they opted to dwell within.

Now whether the removal of Atlantis coincided with the events of Noah's Flood, discussed in Genesis 6, is another discussion, but not one needed to be addressed here.

With this in mind, I have no difficulties in believing that Atlantis was "NOT OF THIS EARTH" and that it was "REMOVED".

I also believe, it is coming back, but we will refer to it as the New Jerusalem, but again, that is another story.

And since I have stated this, I would/could use the terminology of the Hip, and Uptodate Crowd, and say, by definition, this (Atlantis) could well have been described as a UFO, which caused a VIOLENT EARTHQUAKE AND FLOODING, during it's departure from EARTH, leaving only the rushing waters filling the void left by it's removal and a layer of MUD, that no one was able to traverse, since it was so shallow.

And since it was here today and gone tomorrow, the removal of it by Flight, leaving no or little evidence of it being here, is exactly what you would expect to find.

In closing, I would also suggest, this was a huge "Craft" spanning a large area of the Atlantic, from the Cannaries to the Bahamas. The New Jerusalem also is Huge.

Well that's that. I hope you (whomever) enjoyed this thesis!

Ciao

Shane

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Its not a bad thought at all, i hate people that take good thinking and step all over it.

althought its possiblity is very slim it is still very possible.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Very profound, healthy and open-minded consideration on your part Iron! I like!!!! Could very well have been.

I think because I read Cayce's prediction about Atlantis, I've been 'brainwashed' (for lack of a more appropriate word) into thinking it's always been a piece of land. A continent. An island. Whatever.

And to further bolster that notion, the fact/clues that parts of Earth have been submerged underwater, plays more into my fantasy mind that Atlantis just sunk.

But hell, I still think Pluto's a planet so what do I know!

Smile~

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

you mean like the movie "Abyss"??
because that is an interesting idea. I am intrigued with Antarctica

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So, all the Atlantis myths come from something flying through the air which no one could identify? Then how do we know it was Atlantis?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
So, all the Atlantis myths come from something flying through the air which no one could identify? Then how do we know it was Atlantis?

People think the Moon is a space-craft too yet that doesn't fly around.
Who knows but, interesting idea though.

Hey? Maybe all the secrets are hidden under the Sphinx's paw after all.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
thank everyone for posting . As for edward cayce didn't he say we would see it in 1969? their were some UFo crashes then so maybe that's what he was talking about.1969. With the technology we have i think if it was ob the ocean floor somewhere we would have found more evidence of it. which is why I believe it just flew away

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

maybe it was stationary for some time and then for whatever reason it flew away

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Okay. People. I was pointing out the fact that "UFO" means "UNIDENTIFIED flying object." Unidentified. Whatever else it was, Atlantis was NOT a UFO, unless it flew and a lot of people couldn't tell what it was. Maybe it was a spaceship; who knows. But it was not a UFO, because that is NOT what UFO means!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Okay...

If it was a UFO with all that advanced technology... how did Bronze Age Athens with bronze swords and leather armor manage to defeat it?

Modern armies have been able to defeat Stone Age and Bronze Age people very easily. Atlantis went to the city of Athens to wage war. So how come space age technology can't overcome bronze swords and rocks?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Okay. People. I was pointing out the fact that "UFO" means "UNIDENTIFIED flying object." Unidentified. Whatever else it was, Atlantis was NOT a UFO, unless it flew and a lot of people couldn't tell what it was. Maybe it was a spaceship; who knows. But it was not a UFO, because that is NOT what UFO means!

I beg to differ because according to the Buzz Aldin thread, Mr. Aldin's UFO referred to a flying door-panel passing by because after all, he refuses to believe in UFO/ET.

So you see? UFO can mean anything to anyone at anytime. Fascinating isn't it?

[edit on 26-3-2010 by TwoPhish]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join