It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Likens War Against Terrorism to WWII.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040602/ap_on_re_mi_ea/us_iraq_25

Click this link and see what Bush is saying now. I have one word for this:

Horsesh*t

Come on now, those principles we fought for in WWII were just and true, my grandpa is rolling in his grave right now!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
it isnt any more horse# than someone comparing the war in iraq to vietnam.

of course i think both comparisons are beyond absurd but i just know someone will come behind me and tell me how wrong i am and blah blah blah.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Your sig is quite apt,

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing."

Bush is doing something which is a whole heck of a lot better than Gore would have done by sniviling to the United Nations of Inaction, which btw is also Kerrys M.O.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Good attitude Pheonix. I guess you have no problem with the U.S. picking up the tab for the war. I hope it's worth it for you Americans, this war is going to bankrupt your country.

Holla at yo dawgs

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Maybe we'll collect all the money owed us that was lent out in WWII that was never paid back by our welching allies, plus interest, that ought to add up to a tidy sum.

Back on subject, Bush has every right to compare taking this battle to the enemy as we are now and like we did in WWII.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yup. I know how we could save money and help pay for the war we must fight for our survival - drop out of the U.N. Considering we pay for 25% of the U.N.'s budget, and another 1.4 billion that goes toward U.N. agencies and programs, I think that could save us a bunch of cash. The organization only wants to drain us financially and block us on about every move, they do us no good.

Whether or not we like it, we have to protect ourselves, DEEZ, and the cost is immaterial. There are parallels with WWII. Like WWII, this war spans the globe, will be fought in many countries, and the survival of one or more Western nation is at stake.

Protecting one's nation is no more expensive than allowing it to be blown up, city block by city block.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Bush: "WW2...began with an unpresidented attack on America"

Erm Mr Bush, WW2 didn't start when America got attacked, it started (for the rest of us) at Hitler's invasion of Poland. Your country was late.

So like World War 2 is the War on Terror going to end with America slaughtering thousands with its Weapons of Mass destruction?

His use of this comparision is an insult to the millions of brave men that died in the conflict from all parties concerned. Its as offensive as the three minute silence of 9/11 for 3000 people and 2 minutes for WW1 where millions died.

America has more in common with the Nazis than the middle eastern states (please restrain yourself americans before saying that I am calling you Nazis, i'm not, im saying your country has more in common).

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by mrsteve]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
english.pravda.ru...

Oh yeah, it's like world war ll. Do you think Bush knows what his role is.
Who do you think is going to stop him?

9-11 was his Riechstag and it's been full speed ahead since then.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Erm Mr Bush, WW2 didn't start when America got attacked, it started (for the rest of us) at Hitler's invasion of Poland. Your country was late.

Well, actually for Czechoslovakia and Austria, the war had already been going for about 2 years even before then!

9/11 was his Reichstag

Damn right! I've been saying that since the beginning.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ok, the war on terrorism is like WWII, don't confuse that with Iraq, Iraq did NOTHING sure there was the possibility they might do something someday, but they didn't. Iraq didn't invaid anyone (this time). He's also alot more confident in war now that he has the entire army at his disposal for his protection then he seemed to be when he served. Yea, drop out of the UN, it's a horrible idea, an independent organization focused on peace. UCK peace. I mean the League of Nations was the same thing, with out the USA and failed to prevent WWII, the UN with the USA support has prevented WWIII thus far. Nearly 60 years, It's about time for another World War and to make that happen the USA should drop out of the UN.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
..that the president meant that OUR time in WW2 began with a sudden attack on our soil. I'm sure that he understood that the war in Europe had been going on for quite some time before that...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
WWII is absolutely nothing like the war on terror. The war on terror is a witch hunt based on the style of accusations used in the old Salem Witch trials. Anyone who fights back against you and has olive colored skin is a terrorist. At least thats what Bush would want you to believe.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall

Horsesh*t

!

You took the words off my lips...........this man is reality challenged or has speech writers trained in Joseph Goebbels method ... the man's a loon

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thank god we're not going to have to tolerate the tw@ for another 4 years.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
All on the assumption that the news isn't fixed, which I don't believe...

In my opinion the major difference is that WWII began for us when another country attacked us on our soil. It was politics.

This war started when a rogue faction (not connected directly to an Armed Force of a country) attacked us. And now we are starting this war on that faction which may have an indirect tie to Iraq (although that wasn't the major reason given for attacking) found through our flawed intelligence system. It was religion.

The only similarity I see is the style of attack. The fact that people die happens in all war. And as far as the style of attack, I'm sure people going into war know that they may die and in some cases probably/assuredly will, but someone always has to start it on someone elses land.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Your sig is quite apt,

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing."

Bush is doing something which is a whole heck of a lot better than Gore would have done by sniviling to the United Nations of Inaction, which btw is also Kerrys M.O.

Excellent

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yup. I know how we could save money and help pay for the war we must fight for our survival - drop out of the U.N. Considering we pay for 25% of the U.N.'s budget, and another 1.4 billion that goes toward U.N. agencies and programs, I think that could save us a bunch of cash. The organization only wants to drain us financially and block us on about every move, they do us no good.

Whether or not we like it, we have to protect ourselves, DEEZ, and the cost is immaterial. There are parallels with WWII. Like WWII, this war spans the globe, will be fought in many countries, and the survival of one or more Western nation is at stake.

Protecting one's nation is no more expensive than allowing it to be blown up, city block by city block.

WOW! another

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zero_snaz
Iraq did NOTHING

Yea, drop out of the UN, it's a horrible idea, an independent organization focused on peace.

The people of Germany, France and England did nothing TO us either. But we liberated them from Nazi Germany and it's aggression. In fact, Europe complained that it took too long for us to get involved to liberate them. This time, we go liberate people before old Europe does and they complain that we go in too soon.
(It was too late for the millions who were murdered, maimed, and raped.)

INHO - The UN isn't an independent organization focused on peace. It's a bunch of corrupt yahoos making back room deals and illegal activities to futher their own countries at the back breaking cost to America.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
[This time, we go liberate people before old Europe does and they complain that we go in too soon.

Erm, France had been overun by the Nazis and Britain was barely holding them off when America came to their aid. Iraq wasn't occupied by an aggressor. If you wish to use this analogy - it looks like the US takes on the role of Germany.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The people of Germany, France and England did nothing TO us either. But we liberated them from Nazi Germany and it's aggression.

No But one of Nazi-Germany's Allies made an attack on America. Declaring war on Japan by default was a declaration of war with Nazi-Germany. Now maybe, just maybe if Saddam's Iraq were allies with Al-Queda and Ossama. The whole idea that Saddam and Ossama are in this together is bull ploop.

As far as the UN being ". . .a bunch of corrupt yahoos making back room deals and illegal activities to futher their own countries at the back breaking cost to America." If you switch 'countries' with 'motives' You have the american government. Work to get rid of the coruption, don't abandon it.

Also France and England asked for help, Iraq didn't.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join