It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cube test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Someone passed me this fun personality test... and I was surprised with the results and it's accuracy.

All you have to do is use your imagination.

The Cube test
It is preferable for you to write your answers
Try to concentrate on how you feel about what you are describing and not just on how it looks. -For example, you may describe the cube a certain color because it gives you a feeling of calmness. However, another person may describe the cube a different color that also gives her a sense of calmness. Though both people picture the cube differently, the interpretations of their answers are the same - the cube represents calmness to them.

Let's start the test

Imagine you are in a desert and you see a CUBE...
Describe the cube.
-1-
a) Size.
b) Colour?
c) What is its material?
d) How is it sitting?-
e) One adjective to the describe the Cube.
f) How far away is it from you?
g) You may add any impression of the cube that you want.

In the desert there's also a LADDER...
-2-
a) What is its size?
b)What is it made of? - What is the color of the ladder?
c) One adjective to describe it.
d) What is the distance between the cube and the ladder?
e) You may add other thoughts about it.

There's a HORSE as well in the desert...
-3-
a)What are the three words to describe it?
b) What is the distance between the cube and the horse?
c) What’s its color?
d) What impression does it give you?
e) Is it tied? Is there a saddle?

Finally, you see a STORM in the desert...
-4-
a) What is the distance between the storm and the cube?
b) Is it a big storm or a small storm?
c) Is it passing by or staying?

--------------------------------

So... write here your results and let's see how accurate you think it is.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well I’ll go first, as I've already done it- will just copy and paste my answers:

-1-
a) The CUBE is medium size,
b) It’s transparent
c) Made of crystal
d) It’s floating on the air
e) Magical
f) Not far away from me.
g)-

-2-
a) Very large, goes up into the clouds =P
b) Made of marble
c) Strong
d) They are kind of close
e)-

-3-
a) Wild, strong, beautiful
b) Not far away
c) White
d) Untamable
e) It’s free

-4-
a) Not far away
b) Small storm
c) It’s staying.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
INTERPRETATIONS OF RESULTS

THE CUBE

+The first object in the desert, the cube, represents you.

+How you think about the cube reflects how you think about yourself. For example, you may think the cube is made of yellow stones. Yellow may give you a feeling of warmth and stone may give you a feeling of strength. Then, it means that you believe that you are a strong and warm person.

+The size of the cube represents the size of your ego.
-Small cubes tend to display humility, selflessness, objectivity, realism, intimacy, preciousness, timidity, undervalue of self, literal mindedness, conventionality, concealment, pettiness.
-People who describe their cubes as big tend to display confidence, self-esteem, generosity, subjectivity, aspiration, adventurousness, egotism, grandiosity, self-import, self-absorption, and dominance
-The medium size is the most balanced of the 3 sizes.

+The distance between you and the cube reflects your understanding about yourself. If the cube is far away, then it means that you do not feel close to your inner self.

+The material the cube is made of represents feelings, and how tough of a front you put up. If the cube is made out of something solid and strong, it means that you are a strong person. If it is soft, it means that you can be easily influenced and you are emotional.

+If your cube is colored, that means you put on a front. But if it's clear that means what you see is what you get from you. If the cube is transparent, that means you let people see through you. People can read your mind easily; you are open to others; you don't hide anything from your friends or family.
-If you cannot see through the cube, it means that you are a private person and don't talk much about yourself.

-The color of the cube represents your personality. In general, if the cube is light you are a positive person and the darker it is the more negative you are. However it may not always be so, you should always pay attention to how you feel about the color. If you like the color then you are a likeable personality, it the color seems cold to you, you seem distant to people.

+The ratio of the cube to the desert is how you think about yourself in this world. The bigger the ratio, the bigger your ego is. A small ratio means that you recognize that you are just one part of this world and there are many other things out there beside you.

+If the cube is in the centre it means that you like the attention and you like to be praised.
+The position of the cube, whether it’s on the floor or floating- If the cube is on the floor, that means you are grounded and down to earth. If it's floating that means your unpredictable, eccentric, a dreamer.

+If you see the flat side of the cube, you have a shallow personality, if you see the cube in 3D, you have a deep personality.

MEANING OF THE COLORS
You can ask just the basic questions or choose to go into more detail and ask about the colors of the cube, ladder, horse, storm, and flowers. Below is a list of colors and what each means.

+Black: Black is the color of authority, elegance, sophistication, and seduction. Black can also imply submission such as a woman who is wearing black panties implies she wants the man to see her in her underwear.

+White: White symbolizes innocence and purity, which is why the wedding dress is white. Doctors wear a white coat to imply sterility and cleanliness.

+Red: The color of dominance, power, and sexual energy, the color red attracts attention. It is also the color of love.

+Blue: One of the most popular colors, blue represents knowledge, authority, and loyalty. Blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals so it is often used in bedrooms. The color blue shows loyalty.

+Green: Green represents compassion, prosperity, money, and vitality. It is a relaxing color. Many TV studios have a “green room” for people to sit in to relax before they go on the air.

+Yellow: Yellow is another attention getter. It is considered an optimistic color, symbolizing enthusiasm and playfulness. The color yellow is very difficult for the human eye to take in and can be overpowering.

+Purple: Purple is the color of royalty. It represents luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also feminine and romantic and rarely found in nature.

+Brown: Old reliable brown. Brown shows stability. It is the color of earth and a favorite of most men.

THE LADDER

+The ladder represents your ambition and goals in life.
What do you expect from life?

-If the ladder is small it means you have little goals and feel content with a few things in your life.
-A medium ladder means you have reachable goals.
-A large ladder means you dream big and have plenty of things to achieve.

+If your ladder is leaning on the cube, that means you are working on your goals right now.
-If it is away from the cube, that means you have them on hold, or you are not working that hard to achieve them.

+The material of the ladder means how strong you are clinging to your life-time goals.
-Metal ladders suggest practicality.
-Wooden ladders means a warm personality, more focused on family and friends.

+If the ladder is close to you, it means you are on the path to achieving your goals, if it’s far away from you, it means you still have a long road to walk before fulfilling them.

[edit on 22/3/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
THE HORSE

+The horse represents your ideal partner and how you behave in relationships.

+The three characteristics of the horse apply to your spouse, or what you like to see in your spouse.

+The distance between the horse and the cube represents the closeness you have with your current lover.

+If the horse is tied up, then it shows the need to be controlling in a relationship.
-If the horse has a saddle then you feel safe with them.
-If the horse is free and not saddled, it means you view your lover as uncontrollable, unpredictable.
+As before, the impression of the horse reflects the impression you have of your lover.

+How the horse behaves also shows what kind of partner you would like to have.
-If the horse is running or does not stand for long in one place, it means that you want to have a partner that would like to travel, would be full of energy and would always be involved in something.
-If the horse does nothing but stands or eats, it means that you want to have a partner that likes to be at home and rarely travels.

+The look of a horse can also indicate the physical features of your ideal partner. The better the appearance of the horse, the better looking partner you would like to have.

THE STORM

+The storm represents obstacles/difficulties in your life and how you deal with them.

+If the storm is passing, the issue is current with a resolution in the near future.
-If the storm is staying put, it has been an ongoing obstacle in your life with no resolution in sight.

+The size of the storm represents how big of an obstacle this is to you, as does the distance.

+The further away the storm the less importance you place on it.
-If the storm is violent it means this obstacle is causing quite some grief.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hi, i enjoyed this one.

Almost perfect, just a few ones that does not fit.

NICE!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

The Cube game is really cool, I have played it with friends at parties and if you really go into the mind it provides a excellent picture of your state of mind. The process of the game is very hypnotic and can be played in or out of a trance like state.

Great OP, the stories and rapport you can acheive it remarkable, I really liked how I was able to see the change in a friend over some months when we whet over the cube again. Its a great way to learn about hypnosis and the power of suggestion in a comfortable way and this learning can spread over into other areas of life. I never even knew the game was so deep when I started (or how profound) but its easy to mis-interpret what someone is saying so I normally leave interpretation to the individual, so enjoy accessing the 'hidden part of the brain'

Peace,

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Another one for the horse I heard (not personally but in a story) was the horse was a unicorn - something that does not exist. My Cube is green shades of colour and spinning around - it's really impossible for this tool not to be accurate given an honest interpretation.

A word of warning - probably not needed but the game can be hypnotic and you must be careful in what you say, eg, the storm clouds are over you are getting larger and out of control is not going to lead to a fun experience for anyone concerned. I have left out the storm for some people because it only seemed to lead to negatives except for people whose storm was far away and receding (which is an accurate reading, in this way its's like the I-Ching because it tells the present and neither is a form of divination)

[edit on 22-3-2010 by yyyyyyyyyy]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Holy cow, that was accurate!

I actually took the time to put in the exact measurements of the cube (1/2 in by 1/2 in by 1/2 in) and distances and stuff, though. *double-face-palm*

Interestingly enough, I can't tell what the cube is made of. It feels like cold hard metal, but looks like blueish glass and has engravings on it kind of like on a circuit board. Also, It is glowing and looks see-through, but I cannot actually see to the other side, (if that even makes any sense) and even though it is cold, it has a warmish aura around it.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
-1- CUBE
a) Size - The size of a two story house
b) Colour? - Light blue / white
c) What is its material? - Metallic
d) How is it sitting?- rotating gently
e) One adjective to the describe the Cube - Hollow
f) How far away is it from you? - less than fifty feet

-2-
a) What is its size? - Twenty rungs
b)What is it made of? - What is the color of the ladder? - Wood and metal
c) One adjective to describe it. - Safe
d) What is the distance between the cube and the ladder? - Touching

-3-
a)What are the three words to describe it? Calm, aware, waiting
b) What is the distance between the cube and the horse? five feet?
c) What’s its color? - Grey/white
d) What impression does it give you? - Relaxed
e) Is it tied? Is there a saddle? - Free to wander but happy sitting down

-4-
a) What is the distance between the storm and the cube? - All around it
b) Is it a big storm or a small storm? - Medium sized sandstorm
c) Is it passing by or staying? - passing like the wind

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Describe the cube.
-1-
a) Size. small
b) Colour? silver
c) What is its material? metal
d) How is it sitting?- still
e) One adjective to the describe the Cube. solid
f) How far away is it from you? close

-2-
a) What is its size? medium
b)What is it made of? - What is the color of the ladder? black
c) One adjective to describe it. strong
d) What is the distance between the cube and the ladder? 20ft

-3-
a)What are the three words to describe it? beautifull, still, comforting
b) What is the distance between the cube and the horse? 40ft
c) What’s its color? white
d) What impression does it give you? relaxed
e) Is it tied? Is there a saddle? not tied but has a saddle

-4-
a) What is the distance between the storm and the cube? half mile
b) Is it a big storm or a small storm? big
c) Is it passing by or staying? passing

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just read the description's, this is very interesting thank you!

[edit on 22-3-2010 by valiant]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
et's start the test

Describe the cube.
-1-
a) Size.
b) Colour? yellow
c) What is its material? glass
d) How is it sitting?- diamond shaped
e) One adjective to the describe the Cube. beautiful
f) How far away is it from you? A long way
g) You may add any impression of the cube that you want. Reminds me of a gold pendant

-2-
a) What is its size? big
b)What is it made of? – wood What is the color of the ladder? black
c) One adjective to describe it.
d) What is the distance between the cube and the ladder? Very close
e) You may add other thoughts about it.

-3-
a)What are the three words to describe it? Loving, friendly, guarding
b) What is the distance between the cube and the horse? mid ways between
c) What’s its color? blue
d) What impression does it give you? Wanting me to come
e) Is it tied? No Is there a saddle? no

-4-
a) What is the distance between the storm and the cube? Cubes on top of storm
b) Is it a big storm or a small storm? big
c) Is it passing by or staying? staying

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
that test was revealing!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hello people!
It's cool that you guys liked it and found it accurate as well.

MrLizard, Valiant, Bachrk a special thanks for sharing your answers

I was curious to read some!

I've tried it today with my friends and family- and it was spot on!!. Loved investigating/analyzing the connections in their images, etc.
Hmm I do wonder sometimes if I had mistaken my career choice... =P

[edit on 23/3/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Describe the cube.
-1-
a) Size? 5 ft.
b) Colour?...Transparent Aqua
c) What is its material?...Crystal
d) How is it sitting?...Tilted in the sand
e) One adjective to the describe the Cube...Smooth
f) How far away is it from you?...10 ft.
g) You may add any impression of the cube that you want...Mesmerizing.

-2-
a) What is its size?...Medium
b) What is it made of?...Metal
c) What is the color of the ladder?...Black
d) One adjective to describe it...Hard
e) What is the distance between the cube and the ladder? 20 ft.
f) You may add other thoughts about it...it looks narrower than the average ladder.

-3-
a) What are the three words to describe it?...Hungry, Muscular, Clean
b) What is the distance between the cube and the horse?...13 ft.
c) What’s its color? Brown
d) What impression does it give you?...it's calm, looking off into nowhere eating, and does'nt know I'm there.
e) Is it tied? No
f) Is there a saddle? No

-4-
a) What is the distance between the storm and the cube?...Under a mile away.
b) Is it a big storm or a small storm? Big
c) Is it passing by or staying? Staying

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
wow that is so cool im going to show all my friends this

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Pretty accurate. I don't want to post the results though since it's a pretty personal test.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

I love personality tests and such, and I've never come across the 'cube test' so thanks for sharing! My results showed who I am almost perfectly, other than a few minor glitches.

The storm really hit the nail in the coffin. I am having a lot of trouble in my life because of the money I owe in fines and until I pay that off I have to stay on parole - which scares me because I don't want to go back to jail.

My results for the storm were the following:

a) approx. 3 miles
b) big storm
c) it is staying

Really liked this! I will have to go through my bookmarks and find some of my favorite tests and share them. Maybe I'll make a mega thread on personality tests - sounds like it would be a fun thread!

------

edit to add: by the way everyone, there is a number 5 which is a flower, here it is - you can add it to the OPs test because it goes directly a long with it.

5) There is a flower/ there are flowers.

How many flowers are there?
Where is/are the flower/s?
What is the color of the flower/s?
How do you feel about the flower/s?

Scroll down to see answer...

Flower/s : The flower represents your offspring/ If the flower is close to the cube, that means you are close to your children. Again, what you feel about the flower indicates the feelings you have towards your children.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well I found this test from the Mega test thread, so that test deviates slightly from this one and has an extra question, to which my answer is funny enough that I have to include it.

Practically the same quiz with an extra question

My answers

1. Box - size about the size of a standard parcel
- Red so that it's easy to spot
- not too far but not close
- what I think of it: easy to find and reachable
- not transparent, but can be opened
- tiny compared to desert

2. Ladder - standard size, not leaning on cube
- silver aluminum
- impression: Light, easy to carry
- lying on ground next to cube

3. Horse
- calm, rescue, comfortable
- only a foot away
- light brown with dark mane
- impression: security, safe
- not tied but saddled

4. Storm - far in distance
- big storm
- passing by

5. Flowers
- a whole bunch, inside cube
- yellow, red
- pretty but useless, but maybe can feed the horse with them

While decently accurate (storm is the most accurate), I just found some reveals so funny:
- I'm easy to spot (as a wallflower I find this hilarious)
- My friends are apparently light and easy to carry
- Flowers representing offsprings, they are IN the cube (me). This would be amazing if I'm pregnant but I'm not, so I just find this funny, since the reveal is so fitting with how they're inside but I have no kids yet.
- I think the flowers (offsprings) are pretty but useless but can be fed to the horse (hubby) - Priceless!

Thanks for the thread! I love these tests because since I never realize it's a personality test until afterward, I end up with really odd answers a lot.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl

a) Size. huge
b) Colour? red
c) What is its material? dianond
d) How is it sitting?- floating
e) One adjective to the describe the Cube. spinny
f) How far away is it from you? very far
g) You may add any impression of the cube that you want. mystical

-2-
a) What is its size? hugeb)What is it made of? - What is the color of the ladder?
c) One adjective to describe it. old
d) What is the distance between the cube and the ladder? close
e) You may add other thoughts about it. wooden

-3-
a)What are the three words to describe it? fast
b) What is the distance between the cube and the horse?far
c) What’s its color? brown
d) What impression does it give you? friendly
e) Is it tied? Is there a saddle? yes

-4-
a) What is the distance between the storm and the cube? right over it
b) Is it a big storm or a small storm? huge
c) Is it passing by or staying? staying

--------------------------------

So... write here your results and let's see how accurate you think it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join