It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to 'Spread The Word'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hey everyone, i'm trying to compile a list here that can be useful to people who have trouble making a difference in the world. And i mean a REAL difference.

I have read many threads in which people have a hard time spreading a message, or influencing the world, they just end up getting frustrated.

Whether you believe it or not we all influence the world, you influence the world, your actions influence other people, who also influence others, and this also has an effect on the earth. climate for example can be effected by even the simplest things, a butterfly flapping its wings may end up creating a tornado on the other side of the world. that is chaos theory, read about it.

basically im trying to compile all the various ways people can spread 'the word'. This is a little hard for me to explain thats why i want to see if a list can be compiled online and a general view can be obtained. whether the ways done so are on a large scale or small.

Each one of us can spread a message, its just that some of us don't really know how to do that or the method we use just isn't effective.

Just like in the movie fight club Tyer Durden and his network for example helped to spread their message by sabotaging corporate buildings and leaving a burning insignia. or similar is the case of Joe Stack who flew his plane into an IRS building to spread his message with a written manifesto.

People also agree the 9/11 attacks were to spread a message whether you believe it was a message by the government of america or of religious radicalism.

my point is that in the future people will eventually be in opposition to their governments whether it happens in america or korea or iran, or where ever. sometimes 'spreading the word' may need bigger means to be effective, and those means may end up getting categorized in the realm of terrorism.

The government here is always labeling any actions a citizen makes as being capable of terrorism, can we at least identify what is really terrorism and what is actually spreading a movement.

for example you cant even protest anymore, you now need a permit to even be 'allowed' to protest. This is crazy, revolutionaries back in colonial times didn't protest with a permit, yet we are stupid enough to go get a permit, even back then the british government was outlawing everything.

why is it that we are just letting things silently happen that will be detrimental to us, and halt our progress in the future? pesticides? nuclear weapons and waste? gender bender chemicals? forest depletion? Genetically Engineered world food crops? (not that some of these technologies haven't brought us progress) but i think we are just letting the benefactors get away with abuse and their harmful decisions, manny that have happened, and many that are yet to happen.

Continued:

[edit on 16-3-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
while I applaud your efforts, trying to impose your own beliefs, no matter how sure you are, onto others not ready to listen is folly. "Be the change you want to see" as Ghandi said, this has many layers as to how it works.

What you can do is accelerate the breakdown of programming by inducing anomalies into peoples paradigms. Test the waters to see if they are ready to stretch their beleifs. We will all wake up at different times you have simply woken up much earlier than most, but trust that all will be revealed...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thank you for the post, im still working on the thread trying to make it easier to read.

If you are having trouble reading, i will try to make that easier, but tell me just so i am sure people are having trouble. I DO WANT people to read the thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
From 1st Post:

Why is it that the government hold's the people responsible, yet the people don't hold their government responsible?

"The people should hold their government responsible, not the government holding the people responsible."

"people live by what their government do, yet they don't realize that the government lives by what they do." see we can influence the governments future actions..

It will look absurd when future generations see the irony of this and the past decade. But it doesn't have to be that way. People will need to spread a message sometime, as we are all heading for some thing sometime in the future. whether it be caused by nature, the people, or the government.

If we know of ways how to 'Spread The Word' then we can be ready and plan our actions, whether you plan to do so in a group or individually. The more you know the better your message will grow.

So ATS how do you 'Spread The Word'?

also if anyone would like me to further explain my goal for this thread just ask or if you are having trouble posting your answer, just post it anyway, i am just trying to get a general list from this thread.

Thanks, everyone and 'Spread The Word'!

S&F!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
while I applaud your efforts, trying to impose your own beliefs, no matter how sure you are, onto others not ready to listen is folly. "Be the change you want to see" as Ghandi said, this has many layers as to how it works.

What you can do is accelerate the breakdown of programming by inducing anomalies into peoples paradigms. Test the waters to see if they are ready to stretch their beleifs. We will all wake up at different times you have simply woken up much earlier than most, but trust that all will be revealed...

Yes i know that it may come off as "imposing my beliefs" but in the reality of this world there are too manny problems to for us to just be sitting around. I think its the fear of imposing others that nullifies any success they could of had. Its coming to the point, in this time and place now that we have to get more aggressive with our actions and delve deeper in penetrating our common messages.

People can work on a commonality, and if they disagree even better! at least it will bring them to discussion.

and how exactly do you accelerate the breakdown of programming by inducing anomalies into peoples paradigms?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I feel your plight fellow truther. When id done heaps of research into 9/11 and governmental, illuminati, nwo type things I was so keen to get out and take action on the streets so I did start handing out flyers and going to rallies but then soon after my research continued, I went further down the rabbit hole so to speak, and what I wanted to tell people kept changing as I was learning more. Soon after 9/11 seemed rediculously insignificant in comparison to what was really being kept secret. But by this time I could see it is impossible to communicate all my research in the amount of time people were willing to listen for. Now heres where "Inducing anomiles into poeples paradigms", you have to prod people to start their own research because they wont listen to you for long enough to learn anything. Show them something amazing that simply shouldnt be, an anomaly for instance. This is different for every person whether they be scientific based, political, religous or whatever. If they start their own research youve dont it cuz all the info is out there on the net now and they'll think it was all them who figured it out and wont have to admit they were wrong to anybody whose trying to shove it down their throat. When you see someone who has started researching, gently guide them, gently is the key it works better if they are in controll of their own awakening.

Also dont forget how you likely went through a disstrust of government and confusion about the world having so many problems phase before you actually got into the out there theories as to why phase. First there was discontent then there came a buring inner desire from within to find out why why why. Start the desire for truth buring in people and they will convince themselves. They will find the exact research talior made to their own paradigm stretching, first they will ignore that which is too far out yet but in time they will come to accept it. Awakenings come in all different shapes and sizes, mine was from a skeptic, scientific, athiest, msm reading paradigm so it has been very slow as I need mountains of evidence to believe, there is no way some dude handing out flyers in the street ever would have woken me up, but yet I now feel like im leaving the tin foil hat crowd in the dust in terms of crazy theories, will the rabbit hole ever end or is it simply not finite?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
thankyou polarwarrior, you shine a good perspective on the overview of 'spreadingtheword'

but this thread is meant to be of practical application to any member who needs help in said department of said goals, so even though we discussed the overview as to why somebody would want to spread the word and the general possible outcomes, i think this thread should still be focused on ways to spread the word. just to help people think

ill start, just off the top of my head:

stickers
leaving notecards with message in books, magazines
flyers
billboards, esp on highway
posters
graffiti (legal or not)
on tv stations, talk on a show
on the radio
viral video documentary
in music, songs
in poems
on jewelry, maybe wristbands
clothing
using bullhorn in public
flying a plane with a message tied to it
lighting a message with gasoline and fire(like fight club insignia)
smoke messages some how
maybe in fireworks, created symbol or words spelled out
hanging a banner from a building
using a giant light to flash shadow of message or symbol (like batman does)
digital art online
using file sharing websites to spread message
Facebook/myspace bulletins
making dvds and cds, handing them out
a charity possibly
in advertisements
in newspaper
in commercials
a statue or monument
go around put flyer in peoples mail box
in a video game possibly
an application, possibly for mobile devices
get famous individual to endorse your message
try to pass or stop a law
mass marches
sit ins
blockades
dress up, maybe a costume
make a movie based on your topic
cartoon
comics
at a church, or religious place
mass participation activities
bumper sticker
boycott

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by togetherwestand
thankyou polarwarrior, you shine a good perspective on the overview of 'spreadingtheword'

but this thread is meant to be of practical application to any member who needs help in said department of said goals, so even though we discussed the overview as to why somebody would want to spread the word and the general possible outcomes, i think this thread should still be focused on ways to spread the word. just to help people think

ill start, just off the top of my head:

stickers
flyers
billboards, esp on highway
posters
graffiti (legal or not)
on tv stations, talk on a show
on the radio
viral video documentary
in music, songs
in poems
on jewelry, maybe wristbands
clothing
using bullhorn in public
flying a plane with a message tied to it
lighting a message with gasoline and fire(like fight club insignia)
smoke messages some how
maybe in fireworks, created symbol or words spelled out
hanging a banner from a building
using a giant light to flash shadow of message or symbol (like batman does)
digital art online
using file sharing websites to spread message
Facebook/myspace bulletins
making dvds and cds, handing them out
a charity possibly
in advertisements
in newspaper
in commercials
a statue or monument
go around put flyer in peoples mail box
in a video game possibly
an application, possibly for mobile devices
get famous individual to endorse your message
try to pass or stop a law
mass marches
sit ins
blockades
dress up, maybe a costume
make a movie based on your topic
cartoon
comics
at a church, or religious place
mass participation activities
bumper sticker
boycott

Thats not a bad way to spread the word at all. If only i could spread the would outside of Iraq but im only one man and doing this alone.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
hmm its a lot harder in iraq, maybe make a craft or some kind of thing for the intended individual(s) but i don't really know you would have to explain the position better.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Star + Flag.

Culture Jamming is key.

Peep the sig.

PeAcE!!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by togetherwestand

I think this could be very very effective. All you need to do is write a few descriptive sentences of the content ( as notes or quotes) on the subject matter and write the link to the website. ( or you could print out a page of information....whatever, just be sure to link a source to get them to the internet where they can find much much more info!)

You can make a lot of copies and slip these into library books, office magazines, laundry bulletin boards, campus social room, return with bill payments, etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
We've gotta make it cool to be "alternative" - a critical mass similar to the 60's generation, but without the drugs and lack of discipline.

I'm not sure of the law, in regards to handing things out to students as they come out of school - like a little dissenter starter pack. But that is something I have thought about.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
We've gotta make it cool to be "alternative" - a critical mass similar to the 60's generation, but without the drugs and lack of discipline.

I'm not sure of the law, in regards to handing things out to students as they come out of school - like a little dissenter starter pack. But that is something I have thought about.

I would not go with anything so forceful. My idea would be something that would lead them to question for themselves. It seems that you can't really tell anyone something and convince them. They must have their interest piqued; it must be in the form of a question or paradox that will not leave their mind until they resolve it. They must feel that they are discovering it for themselves...not being told what to think. That makes a person defensive.

As far as "cool" to be alternative....I don't see this as an objective. I think it is more important to have integrity in your statements and questions so that the truth resonates within them as they begin to draw conclusions based on evidence...whether political, religious, historical, etc. Truth is not a fad to be labeled "cool".

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The media should have a moral obligation to promote things such as this video.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I dont really get this thread or its point. I mean who seriously has anything worthwhile to say but doesnt have enough intelligence to figure out how to open his/her mouth and say it. Or even have enough of a creative spark to think of the most basic of ways to make a point with people or spread whatever message they have.

Spreading "THE WORD" as you call it takes no real creativity or long thought process. Just speak. A rock thrown in a pond effects the entire pond. I have always tried to tell people a most simple message about relating to one another, and that is that no matter how unimportant someone in your life may seem to you, they have changed you in ways you do not realize. The mere act of being with someone and sharing thoughts or ideas changes you. A simple comversation can change the entire world. The funny thing is you never know to what extent any of it will have because most of the time we are very unaware of what effect even the smallest action we make can have. We arent around most of the time to see the effects of our cause.

All anyone needs to know about spreading the word of anything is to just open your mouth and speak. However sometimes actions speak even louder, but it takes nothing more than a spark of desire to want people to know your truth and the determination to see it through.

Now if your looking for creative ways that people havent thought of yet thats different but as far as i can see thats not what you have so far and not what you asked for.

If your really trying to compile a "list" of ways to spread a message then you need to divide it up into categories such as verbal/non verbal violet/peaceful ways. etc etc or as you see fit. The point is there is no end to a persons imagination as to how to achieve the end of this goal. Its silly to me that you want to list them.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
I dont really get this thread or its point. I mean who seriously has anything worthwhile to say but doesnt have enough intelligence to figure out how to open his/her mouth and say it. Or even have enough of a creative spark to think of the most basic of ways to make a point with people or spread whatever message they have.

Thanks Everyone for the Replies! lol i actually forgot about this thread, i was busy looking for books. (compiling a book list on multiple topics) and speaking of that I agree, because you first must be educated before spreading a message.

but, you can still help people start on a road of self illumination, that is the point, this thread is kinda a compilation of methods of propagating a idea or message and creating a domino effect. plus i thought it was good just to compile a list anyways for mental overview, it can help someone if they actually want to get an idea of ways to become active. i am sure there are more effective ways but this list was just based on my initial views.

think about it all scholars and professors start off just like you learning from the beginning, they just need something to open their mind and get started.

a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, remember that.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

I would not go with anything so forceful. My idea would be something that would lead them to question for themselves. It seems that you can't really tell anyone something and convince them. They must have their interest piqued; it must be in the form of a question or paradox that will not leave their mind until they resolve it. They must feel that they are discovering it for themselves...not being told what to think. That makes a person defensive.

As far as "cool" to be alternative....I don't see this as an objective. I think it is more important to have integrity in your statements and questions so that the truth resonates within them as they begin to draw conclusions based on evidence...whether political, religious, historical, etc. Truth is not a fad to be labeled "cool".

[edit on 12-4-2010 by Alethea]

i think that is really the key, you hit the head on the nail on that one.

we have to get a paradox to unfold and let them self illuminate themselves.

so that basically requires that you have a very well rounded counter argument and being ready for such discussion, which can be done. does take lots of education though and planning i have to say. but if you can find key gaps in the persons thinking then you can create that paradox.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
Now if your looking for creative ways that people havent thought of yet thats different but as far as i can see thats not what you have so far and not what you asked for.

If your really trying to compile a "list" of ways to spread a message then you need to divide it up into categories such as verbal/non verbal violet/peaceful ways. etc etc or as you see fit. The point is there is no end to a persons imagination as to how to achieve the end of this goal. Its silly to me that you want to list them.

actually if you know other creative ways even better, the more creative I am sure the more interesting it would be.

and yes this will be categorized but first i have to get the initial data which is a general list before that.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Know what? It's a two-edged sword. You can educate on the edifaces behind spreading the word all you like with your particular bias all you like - in your case for good cause - but the truth is that your words, to the power they are beneficial, will have the good of that message cut off and the power of the tool retained. For good or evil. So please, shut up about it, let us all figure it out for ourselves. You only add to the power factor of matters. Which makes us all have to work that much harder. It just hardens and angers people, and that works to evils benefit because they like it that hardcore. Kapiche?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
so you are afraid that they will become 'hardened' and therefor it will make it harder for them to educate themselves?

- i see where your coming at but you are just giving up, maybe in your experience your information just wasn't enough to break through their hardened shell. but you dont have to fight it because you can guide them to get them selves to reflect on it.

from your post it seems like you want them stupid so they can easily 'accept' what you want them to believe

i dont intend on any bias, maybe i have some but i try not to. the only bias i have is what i know of as fact. and i try to be most logical in that regard and always try to reflect on that. and i keep ethical in terms of that as well. i am sure no one can surely say they don't have a bias.

besides i think exposing what you believe to be corruption can help you learn yourself better then being passive.

if you try hard enough only the facts will remain in the end.

have hope brotha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join