It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

##ATTENTION ALL 9/11 POSTERS- FORUM REJUVENATION##

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

You can have the opinion that it is a fairy tale, but accusing them of being delusional isn’t going to add anything to the debate but childish call outs.

Yes I use the term truther, as a “truther” I don’t feel like it is putting me or anyone else down. “Toother” is.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by litmuspaper]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Its a fairy tale in your opinion.

If you want people to respect your opinion, respect theirs.

If, however, you want to behave like you are in a schoolyard, then ATS may not be the place for you to post.

Simple really.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The Quest For Misunderstanding Continues

Anyone who thinks it's appropriate to debate what they should be calling other members has clearly not understood what this thread is about.

I recommend reading my previous post, reviewing the original post, understanding that any form of ad hominem leads to negative consequences and staying on topic.

Trolling this thread may, as it already has for some, result in a post ban, so let's please respect the topic and avoid unnecessary unpleasantness.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The OP was quite clear on this. I recommend you read it again. Then if you feel the need to call someone a name, go ahead. Your posting privileges will be removed. Clear?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I see the thread is still being derailed I guess it's what sholud be expected with a pinned thread by the mods.*shrugs* Not to mention that there seems to be a concerted effort to make 9/11 a taboo subject it's ridiculous in this day and age that there are people who want to control any subject under discussion.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Not to mention that there seems to be a concerted effort to make 9/11 a taboo subject it's ridiculous in this day and age that there are people who want to control any subject under discussion.

By control do you mean insisting on decorum and the option of other stepping into this forum because the troublemakers are reigned in? Seems like most are looking forward to posting here again. Or do you mean by control that we will no longer allow posters to act like children anymore?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I mean the people who try and derail the topic or just troll and then whine when you guys step in.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Recursion Is Recursion

Originally posted by mike dangerously

I mean the people who try and derail the topic or just troll and then whine when you guys step in.

The observation has been made, if you know what I mean.

Ironically, I suppose we could name this thread "Trolls come here to be banned" and it wouldn't change anything.

It's like some sort of instinct. Some folks can't control it, and all we can do is react once it's done.

Kind of sad, but it's a crazy world we live in.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I want to say thanks to the ATS staff for deciding to take this action. The false flag 9/11 conspiracy,gladly, will not seem to go away. Every time you think it has dipped in interest all of a sudden it is everywhere again. It seems now that the government imo is trying to shape a new enemy and shift away from the Muslim fanatic towards the dangerous 9/11 conspiracy theorist and the patriot movement.

Regardless of whether you agree with all the evidence of 9/11 being a false flag black op it should be frightening for everyone that the government is unable to present explanations for all the questions. Instead the establishment media and officials resort to ad hominem attacks like calling us mentally ill and even violent. These attack methods had transferred to this site and made it very easy to derail threads.

I understand that ATS isn't officially saying that they believe 9/11 was a false flag but I appreciate them not allowing us to be called mentally ill. The hope I have is that the truth comes out and every time the establishment tries to call us names and label us find comfort in the famous Gandhi quote:

First they ignore you
then they laugh at you
then they fight you
then you win.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why does the board list the most recent post as being by The_Pride_Lion, yet no such post is visible? I hope that if there is any censoring of worthless posts going on it is happening all out in the open. Deterrence is the point of the thread right? Any punishment or enforcement should be very visible. I'm not sure that anything is being censored but I don't know why else the last post on the board page would not be in agreement with what is visible in the thread.

Originally posted by Majic
Ironically, I suppose we could name this thread "Trolls come here to be banned" and it wouldn't change anything.

You're right. It would make no difference at all. You should try it as an experiment. Although I'm sure it would knock down your faith in humanity by a few notches.

Edit to add: Obviously, now that this post was made that first paragraph is no longer true. But it definitely was, and there is no sign of a poster by that name in any of the most recent posts. Where did it come from and where did it go?

[edit on 3/15/10 by OnceReturned]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Spammer. OK?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is a great move , the powers that be send the people out to confuse and distort issues that are being discussed , the anger and insults to open minded honesty seeking people who just want to see the truth are usually the victims of constant harrassment for questioning the issues . Thanks staff for making this move and hopefully it will filter down to the other topics and return the discussions to just that . Thanks again .

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That Which Goeth Before The Fall

Originally posted by OnceReturned
Why does the board list the most recent post as being by The_Pride_Lion, yet no such post is visible?

Sometimes we temporarily put some members on global ignore (aka "GI") when trouble arises, usually related to spam of some sort. When that happens, their posts won't display publicly, but there are still potential signs of their passing, such as that which you have described.

Either that or because someone finally published the Absolute, Undeniable Truth About Everything, so naturally we had to censor it -- yet clumsily forget to cover our tracks.

Take your pick.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by OnceReturned

Spammer. OK?

I'm dieing laughing over here at some of the things people are saying.

reply to post by Majic

My hat is off to ATS Administration, Super Moderators, and Moderators.

Personally, I believe you've gone far too easy on those who do the things which disrupt the flow of intelligent discussion, and as far as I'm concerned, the Terms and Conditions are quite clear, concise, and consecutively ordered.

Then again, I follow policy, procedure, and protocol and have since I was 6 years old.

To me, the ATS Terms and Conditions are weak and feeble, my meaning though is not to be interpreted that this is an attack upon ATS, but that you guys need to be harder on the people who use name-calling, trolling, and attack the person, instead of the information.

In debating someone, using such tactics, those of name-calling, etc, is nothing more than credibility attack, or character assassination, something I've been on the receiving end of many times, both online and offline.

Try facing six years of a manager doing this to you, and your store manager knowing it's going on, and some of the ATS'ers who attack each other, or Heaven forbid are dense enough to attack a Moderator, and they might understand.

So, again, my hat is off to ATS Administration, for this initiative.

Obey The Moderator! - Optimus Rhyme

By putting our e-mail address into the signing up process, we as citizens of the world are making a contractual agreement, with ATS, and clicking I Agree or I Accept, we agree to live by those Terms and Conditions.

Period, 9/11 forum, or otherwise.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Either that or because someone finally published the Absolute, Undeniable Truth About Everything, so naturally we had to censor it -- yet clumsily forget to cover our tracks.

I mean no offense by this and definately don't want to be banned but while in moderator mode can we stop with the sarcasm? It's really hard to read into sarcasm on the net.

I just ask that while in moderator mode can we actually follow the rules ourselves?

What I mean is if you want to promote decorum on this very forum and especially in this very thread, sarcasm is a poor choice to go that route IMO.

But other than that, I think it's great that this new rule is in affect. You mods have a tough enough time without all the bickering. Kudos to ATS for this.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Just One Of The Services We Offer

Originally posted by Nutter
What I mean is if you want to promote decorum on this very forum and especially in this very thread, sarcasm is a poor choice to go that route IMO.

You're right.

Sarcasm isn't against the rules, but I must agree that it really isn't appropriate for me to be using it in a thread like this or as a moderator in general, so I'll take your advice to heart and try to avoid it.

Honest, courteous feedback isn't against the rules either, so please don't ever be concerned about that.

Thanks for offering good advice.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, I'll jump in with my .02. While I completely agree that this whole name calling thing has to stop and it is too bad that it has come to this necessary step, I do feel the need to point out that in this very thread there are a several name calling posts that seem to be ok such as:

"Trolling debunker", "paid fed", "disinformation artists", "trolls", "government trolls obvious attacks", "obvious govt disinfo trolls", ""they would assign disinfo trolls to ATS", ""that these trolls are traitors to their country is irrelevent", "there might be some nut cases, ex military types blindly defending the government", "on the government payroll", "spam artists", "have an agenda", "intellectually deficient", etc.

These examples are direct quotes.

So, as someone who does not believe completely in the official story, yet does not believe in most of the wild theories out there about 9-11, it appears it is OK to refer to people like me with such name calling posts. But if I were to even remotely hint at thinking less of someones mental capacity because they believe in some of the wilder theories thrown out there concerning 9-11, I may get banned. The name calling crap is why I stay out of the 9-11 "discussions" in the first place, but banning only those who are of my opinion when they get irritated and let slip with an immature outburst is olny further keeping me out of those forums. And honestly, I will be surprised if my opinion on this matter does not get deleted.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by diggeree dont

I just made a thread about it...not a single flag yet lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join